Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    The one-shot was better in my opinion than the sequel backups, it was more concise. Also a contributing factor was that Punchline never was challenged by anything in her portions (besides Orca and Cullen at the end), she just kinda steamrolled her way through Blackgate and into the Royal Flush Gang.

Hopefully we'll actually see people who support her (ie Leslie, Lucius, Bullock). I wonder how Nakano reacts to the Innocent verdict considering what happened to him during Joker War.

It would be good to see a mentor or more experienced member of the Batfamily guide Harper during this time, I'm sure she'd be quite stressed with everything going on.
    I get that Bluebird isn’t an experienced vigilante and will be prone to mistakes, but she kinda was written to be rather too incompetent in the backups.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I get that Bluebird isn’t an experienced vigilante and will be prone to mistakes, but she kinda was written to be rather too incompetent in the backups.
    Batman didn’t arrest Harley in the Harley Quinn show and I don’t expect Hawkman to beat black Adam in his movie. Villain protagonist power

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/scoo...e-gotham-game/

While not official-official yet, I'm assuming this'll be revealed at the end of the Punchline back-up in The Joker's final issue this week.
    I really hate when a story turns out just to be the lead up to another story ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Batman didn’t arrest Harley in the Harley Quinn show and I don’t expect Hawkman to beat black Adam in his movie. Villain protagonist power
    Well, he's tried on multiple occasions.

"You're going back to Arkham Quinn."

He probably would have if not for Ivy or stuff more important than Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I definitely agree, Tynion and Johns wrote Harper in a way that let Punchline do what she wanted to without having to work for anything. I hope that whoever writes The Gotham Game writes Harper more competently.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I really hate when a story turns out just to be the lead up to another story ...
    I realize that Tynion had Three Year Plan and all for Batman, The Joker, and Punchline, but I really question as to why The Joker was made the main title and Punchline was the backup. I found the momentum from the Punchline One-Shot to be bigger than from Joker War, and it's not like DC doesn't have previous experience with Joker Fatigue, makes more sense from an audience's perspective to make Punchline the main title.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Joker ongoing sold well, Punchile ongoing is likely to be one of the lower selling Batfamily titles.

Extraordinary Member
    Last edited by Hypo; 07-22-2022 at 01:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Batman villain Punchline tries to take the criminal crown in Gotham Game limited series this fall
    Spinning out of her backup story 'The Trial of Alexis Kaye' in the recently-ended Joker series, Punchline – AKA Joker's latest fling, Alexis Kaye – is getting a six-issue limited series this October that follows her clownish antics after she gets out of prison.

First announced in Joker #15, Punchline: The Gotham Game will be written by Tini and Blake Howard and illustrated by Gleb Melnikov, and it will follow the titular villain as she attempts to become the queen of crime with the help of her Royal Flush Gang.
    DC says Punchline: The Gotham Game will "redefine" the seedy underbelly of Gotham City, which may mean high-impact events across the series' relatively short six-issue run. Punchline may still be new – having made her first appearance in Batman #89 during the 2020 'Joker War' storyline – but she's driven and she's smart, often showing up even greater villains who came before her.

I haven't heard a lot of positive reception to Howard's Catwoman run, but she's lucky she snagged Melnikov.

Spectacular Member

Yeah, this was something where I had to wait on the art; who was going to be the artist...

Now that I know, I'm good. I'm there.

This is going to be fun. And such a great title: PUNCHLINE: THE GOTHAM GAME.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I haven't heard a lot of positive reception to Howard's Catwoman run, but she's lucky she snagged Melnikov.
    The arts gonna slap and that can carry a book pretty far

Is this after her last fight with Harper?

Looks like they're keeping her cuffed while booking her.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is this after her last fight with Harper?

Looks like they're keeping her cuffed while booking her.
    Which would be odd, considering the cops would’ve likely arrested Bluebird over her due to it looking like Bluebird was beating up on a defenseless foe.