Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is this after her last fight with Harper?

Looks like they're keeping her cuffed while booking her.
    I don't think this'll be a follow up from Punchline Chapter 15, the cover is probably a fake out, or a homage to/inspired by Catwoman 51.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Which would be odd, considering the cops would’ve likely arrested Bluebird over her due to it looking like Bluebird was beating up on a defenseless foe.
    Yeah between the prison video and the Bluebird video I wouldn't be surprised if Harper and Cullen are on the run right now, in one of Batman's safehouses. I really was hoping Harper would make an appearance in this series but from the solicits it seems like Punchline is going for as much notoriety as fast as possible. This is going to bite the Royal Flush Gang back hard.
    Last edited by Westbats; 09-17-2022 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a point about the cover art.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    I don't think this'll be a follow up from Punchline Chapter 15, the cover is probably a fake out, or a homage to/inspired by Catwoman 51.
    The artist says it's a splash page, so presumably it's an actual page in a comic instead of a cover.

Maybe it's a flashback to her arrest in Joker War.

The artist says it's a splash page, so presumably it's an actual page in a comic instead of a cover.

Maybe it's a flashback to her arrest in Joker War.
    Ah my bad, I didn't realize it was an interior page. That is a possibility, have it reveal the connective tissue between Joker War and Punchline. Something I've been thinking about lately has been Punchline's phone call right before the Batfamily confronted her at the end of Joker War. At the time it seemed like she called Joker, but now I'm not sure of that, Joker might've been a means to an end for Alexis from the very start.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Also is she actually 5'10?

Bluebird

I’m actually really curious about if Bluebird is even in this because the solicits haven’t mentioned her at all. They were setting her up to be Punchline’s nemesis, and it’d be odd if she’s not even here.

I’m actually really curious about if Bluebird is even in this because the solicits haven’t mentioned her at all. They were setting her up to be Punchline’s nemesis, and it’d be odd if she’s not even here.
    Given the synergy with Catwoman, I’d say Punchline’s moved on and they’re setting up a rematch between her and Selina after what happened during Joker War.

I wonder if there'll be a three-way crossover between it, Catwoman, and the new Harley series Howard is writing...rope in Ivy's book and we can get a crossover event of Gotham bad girls .

Incredible Member

I wonder if there'll be a three-way crossover between it, Catwoman, and the new Harley series Howard is writing...rope in Ivy's book and we can get a crossover event of Gotham bad girls .
    Punchline wouldn’t last five seconds with those three on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Punchline wouldn’t last five seconds with those three on her own.
    How good a fighter she is really seems to depend on the story.

To be honest, before Tynion announced his departure I felt like he was deliberately creating characters to mimic the Gotham Sirens (Punchline, Miracle Molly, The Gardener) to set up a versus between the six characters. It’d be interesting for a writer to pick up on the comparisons and do an event like that.

Extraordinary Member

Given the synergy with Catwoman, I’d say Punchline’s moved on and they’re setting up a rematch between her and Selina after what happened during Joker War.
    So Alexis gets upgraded and Harper lost again

To be honest, before Tynion announced his departure I felt like he was deliberately creating characters to mimic the Gotham Sirens (Punchline, Miracle Molly, The Gardener) to set up a versus between the six characters. It’d be interesting for a writer to pick up on the comparisons and do an event like that.
    That would be an interesting trio.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    So Alexis gets upgraded and Harper lost again
    I don't like it either, there is so much storytelling potential from Harper's perspective on this that isn't utilized.

That would be an interesting trio.
    It certainly would be, controlling the narrative seemed to be a connection between all three (Alexis' proclaimed innocence, the good of The Unsanity Collective, The Gardener's taking a portion of Ivy's powers for her own good).

Bluebird

I don't like it either, there is so much storytelling potential from Harper's perspective on this that isn't utilized.
    Between this likely meaning Bluebird’s role is done in the story and her appearance in the mediocre-looking CW Gotham Knights show, really bad days to be a Bluebird fan.

Between this likely meaning Bluebird’s role is done in the story and her appearance in the mediocre-looking CW Gotham Knights show, really bad days to be a Bluebird fan.
    Never say never, even with Batman: Urban Legends ending, there's always backups or whatever follows Punchline: The Gotham Game. Personally I'm hoping for a Dan Watters situation where there's a continuous narrative allow multiple series with various focuses on a single character (Batman Urban Legends, Arkham City: The Order of the World, Sword of Azrael).

My concern for The Gotham Game is that Punchline is growing far too quickly, she just got the innocent verdict and she's already going up against Batman and Catwoman? Plus the audience has got to know its only a matter of time before Joker returns to Gotham and starts targeting Alexis.

Off-topic, but as a silver lining, Harper Row fans did get to see a part of a Bluebird commission artist Sweeney Boo posted to social media. I'd post it to the appropriate thread but I think that I was the last to post there and that me posting to it again would break a rule.