Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The state of DC Superhero cartoons these days is a bit disappointing. If they were prevalent like they were 15 years ago, we'd almost certainly have a WW solo cartoon by now. As I like to joke, if they aren't going to bend over backwards for Batman, no other hero is going to get one.

The video game should be considered a huge win, however.

Extraordinary Member

As far as I know, there really only seem to be two DC animated series' coming out in the near future: the new Batman cartoon by Timm and company and the upcoming Superman one that seems to be aimed at younger audiences. But I agree with the notion that if the WW had come out during the heyday of JLU, it probably would've gotten an animated series. I mean, we got one for Green Lantern after that terrible movie that came out around the same time as JLU or a short time after. I would've been stunned if we wouldn't've gotten one for WW.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    The video game should be considered a huge win, however.
    Assuming it gets made and released of course. We haven't heard anything since it was announced.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Assuming it gets made and released of course. We haven't heard anything since it was announced.
    There's no reason, right now, to think that it shouldn't. It takes years to create a game, and the process has become even slower after COVID. 2024 is when I would expect the game to release.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    You won’t. Devs have gotten burned before by showing games off before they were ready and fans getting angry because features that were in trailers weren’t in the final product. I think WW is internally aiming for Fall 2023 or Spring 2024 so you won’t get a trailer until Summer 2023 at the absolute earliest.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Maybe something at Fandome (if there is one this year?) but not expecting news for a while given the production time tables on video games.

I do wonder if we will ever get that Amazon movie

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    We will not, probably ever tbh.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Is this a movie about the Amazons? If so, as tempting as world-building may be, I'd be wary of a Wonder Woman-themed movie that doesn't actually feature Wonder Woman. I tend to think these things aren't really all that good for the titular hero of a franchise.

Is this a movie about the Amazons? If so, as tempting as world-building may be, I'd be wary of a Wonder Woman-themed movie that doesn't actually feature Wonder Woman. I tend to think these things aren't really all that good for the titular hero of a franchise.
    I mean in a sense if Wonder Woman Historia can work, I think a Amaozn movie can work too. I really hope Patty does better the 3 time around. While 1984 was in a since a flop it still was a good enough. After all the movie was cut due to covid. I feel like if it somehow ever does get a theater release it still could get it's movie back. I also have heard it got it's movie back from home media.

I do hope that we get another animated Wonder Woman movie. we probably will around the time the third movie comes out

Honestly? I think WW is the best character to do that with, I'd much rather see a show like Historia than what we got with Gotham. There's so much to explore and we haven't seen it a million times.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Patty talked about wanting to do an Amazons series but that has never come fruition.

Historia is a good example of how this kind of thing can work without Diana in the lead.

Even in Perez's Gods & Mortals and even in Martson's run, Hippolyta tends to be the 'lead' whenever the Amazons backstory and history are explored.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    More unexplained powers that she hasn't used in subsequent films. Same goes with her being able to fly, yet not fly in later era films.
    Those discrepancies show the utterly haphazard way in which the DCEU was concocted. They truly rushed things without creating a somewhat sensical narrative roadmap first. Say whatever you want about the MCU, but they seemed to have a plan all along. At least at first. I am sure that if we look closely, we will see discrepancies as well. For me, Diana flying in WW84 and then only being able to leap (?) in BvS was just ridiculous. Clearly, what they say about the DCEU just doing things in response to the MCU, and in an attempt to catch up to them quickly without putting in too much effort seems like an accurate description.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Those discrepancies show the utterly haphazard way in which the DCEU was concocted. They truly rushed things without creating a somewhat sensical narrative roadmap first. Say whatever you want about the MCU, but they seemed to have a plan all along. At least at first. I am sure that if we look closely, we will see discrepancies as well. For me, Diana flying in WW84 and then only being able to leap (?) in BvS was just ridiculous. Clearly, what they say about the DCEU just doing things in response to the MCU, and in an attempt to catch up to them quickly without putting in too much effort seems like an accurate description.
    Oh, they did have a road map for the JL at least, Diana and ALL the amazons would have died to a chemical gas bomb, but there was a road map.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    As far as I know, there really only seem to be two DC animated series' coming out in the near future: the new Batman cartoon by Timm and company and the upcoming Superman one that seems to be aimed at younger audiences. But I agree with the notion that if the WW had come out during the heyday of JLU, it probably would've gotten an animated series. I mean, we got one for Green Lantern after that terrible movie that came out around the same time as JLU or a short time after. I would've been stunned if we wouldn't've gotten one for WW.
    Umm but there's also Harley Quinn that definitely came out of the character's initial popularity on the big screen (Margot Robbie was even considered to reprise the role). Even Aquaman got a series thanks to the success of his films (not that fans would want Diana's first ever animated solo series to be of that animation quality but still).

Diana is definitely one of the DCEU's 3 most successful characters along with Arthur and Harley. The other two get animations but she doesn't, while Bats and Supes get one each yet again (actually Bruce is getting two because there's a Batman and car themed toon aimed at younger viewers as well). Nobody big enough in animation seems to be passionate enough for WW mythos otherwise we would have gotten a show by 2019-2020 just like Harley.