Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Umm but there's also Harley Quinn that definitely came out of the character's initial popularity on the big screen (Margot Robbie was even considered to reprise the role). Even Aquaman got a series thanks to the success of his films (not that fans would want Diana's first ever animated solo series to be of that animation quality but still).

Diana is definitely one of the DCEU's 3 most successful characters along with Arthur and Harley. The other two get animations but she doesn't, while Bats and Supes get one each yet again (actually Bruce is getting two because there's a Batman and car themed toon aimed at younger viewers as well). Nobody big enough in animation seems to be passionate enough for WW mythos otherwise we would have gotten a show by 2019-2020 just like Harley.
    But I would imagine that part of the problem is the type of character Wonder Woman is versus Harley. Harley's cartoon is adult animation. I can't imagine WB/DC or Diana's fans would want a cartoon of that nature for Diana. At least at this moment, WB seems committed to adult animation with the Kite-Man spinoff and the Velma spinoff. Even the Plastic Woman cartoon for HBO Max is said to be adult animation. That excludes Diana.

As you said, I doubt anyone would want Diana to get the type of cartoon that Aquaman got. That Teen Titans Go type of humor.

I'm not certain why Diana was left out of the recent Batman and Superman cartoon announcements, but I would suspect that has to do with Cartoon Network.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    The costume from the movie never impressed me. From the first appearance in BvS, the colors were very muted, not vibrant. Also, having wedges or any type of heel defeats the purpose of many people criticizing that she doesn't wear clothing suitable for a warrior.

It also lacked the Greek Gods, who we are told in passing that they are all dead, except of course for Ares. That definitely limits some of the potential story arcs for her, especially if her family is the greek gods.

I liked the depiction of the Amazons, but a couple of thousand years later and they were no more advanced than when they started out.

With Patty, she did a good job on the first movie, but the second was all hers, in writing and directing, so if we get this combo again, I don't think we will get the sendoff that most of us want. She may have had input on the first movie and some of her suggestions were used, but then it was all hers in the 2nd and I think the majority of fans were disappointed to say in the least!

I hope the 3rd movie gives her a big sendoff, gives her foes that she can have big, destructive battles only because she has been lacking in this department. Don't give the Cheetah another chance because they blew it with her the first time. Let a reboot happen and then introduce the real Barbara Minerva, ala Perez and not the variant we got.
    I like the costume and colors in Wonder Woman over BvS (but that movie was a letdown to me in multiple ways.) Having wedges or heels or not having wedges or heels didn’t affect me too much as I’ve loved versions of Wonder Woman in heels and kicking boo-tay all my life, but I certainly don’t need them. For the former it falls under the category of fantasy physics.

I too wasn’t a fan of all the gods being dead… seems like a waste as they should be one part of her world.

I like my Amazons not stuck in time. My preference is they’ve developed technology, science, art, etc. beyond Patriarch’s World or in a different way because of their culture.

WW84/had some fun parts, but it wasn’t as strong as Wonder Woman for this diehard fan. Here’s hoping WW 3 sticks the landing like a skilled pilot steering the invisible jet.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    As far as I know, there really only seem to be two DC animated series' coming out in the near future: the new Batman cartoon by Timm and company and the upcoming Superman one that seems to be aimed at younger audiences. But I agree with the notion that if the WW had come out during the heyday of JLU, it probably would've gotten an animated series. I mean, we got one for Green Lantern after that terrible movie that came out around the same time as JLU or a short time after. I would've been stunned if we wouldn't've gotten one for WW.
    Bendis is working on a LoSH animated series for HBO Max too… or whatever HBO Max becomes with WB Discovery.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I do wonder if we will ever get that Amazon movie
    I’d prefer an epic, multi-season series on HBO Max.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Umm but there's also Harley Quinn that definitely came out of the character's initial popularity on the big screen (Margot Robbie was even considered to reprise the role). Even Aquaman got a series thanks to the success of his films (not that fans would want Diana's first ever animated solo series to be of that animation quality but still).

Diana is definitely one of the DCEU's 3 most successful characters along with Arthur and Harley. The other two get animations but she doesn't, while Bats and Supes get one each yet again (actually Bruce is getting two because there's a Batman and car themed toon aimed at younger viewers as well). Nobody big enough in animation seems to be passionate enough for WW mythos otherwise we would have gotten a show by 2019-2020 just like Harley.
    That's simply not true. We know a WW animated series was pitched and ultimately shot down because the execs said there was no interest/money there.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Oh, they did have a road map for the JL at least, Diana and ALL the amazons would have died to a chemical gas bomb, but there was a road map.
    Ah, yes. Snyder's wonderfully nihilistic plan for Diana. I mean, what Wonder Woman fan would not love to see DC Comics' premier superheroine succumb to poison? (Seriously, I am so glad that even after the merging of WB and Discovery, the new CEO has shown ZERO interest in returning to Snyder's failed attempt at a superhero universe).

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Oh, they did have a road map for the JL at least, Diana and ALL the amazons would have died to a chemical gas bomb, but there was a road map.
    Where are you getting this from?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ya know I would say probably the biggest mistake of the movies and a general common thing in WW stories is to have Diana exiled from Themyscira. Because it essentially locks her out of a conceptually interesting setting and robs her of a sizable portion of her supporting cast.

1984 was especially awful about this because Diana doesn't have a supporting cast there. Diana out-aged everyone she met in the first movie and 1984 didn't fill in the obvious hole left by their deaths meaning Diana doesn't have any friends or close companions. Just Steve, a man who already died years ago and dies again at the end of the movie.

Like its important to emphasize the character's mythology and this includes the supporting cast, the constants who are always by the protagonists side and I don't mean just the love interests. With Batman you have Alfred and Gordon, Superman has his parents and Jimmy Olsen, Spider-Man Aunt May and Harry Osborn for examples.

They have to the emphasize the character's mythology especially if they do the whole "Diana's been active as long as since WWII". Introduce more characters like Artemis or the Wonder Girls, after all the popularity of Batman's supporting cast like the Robins is in part what helps make the overall Batman brand popular.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Where are you getting this from?
    Snyder shared his storyboards, or they leaked online I’m not sure. His plan was to have WW and the Amazons die in a chemical attack, and amongst other things, have Batman knock up Lois

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Snyder shared his storyboards, or they leaked online I’m not sure. His plan was to have WW and the Amazons die in a chemical attack, and amongst other things, have Batman knock up Lois
    I haven't been able to find anything about the Amazons dying in a chemical attack anywhere. I know he wanted to have Bruce and Lois in a relationship while Superman was dead but he got talked out of that.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    I haven't been able to find anything about the Amazons dying in a chemical attack anywhere. I know he wanted to have Bruce and Lois in a relationship while Superman was dead but he got talked out of that.
    I think it was revealed in the same leaked proposal/outline as the infamous "Clark raises Bruce's son to become the new Batman." Dr. Poison kept herself alive all this time to become part of the Legion of Doom, and arrives on the island to wipe out Diana and the Amazons. This would be why Diana is out of the picture so Evil Superman can be unopposed.

I'm also not sure he was completely talked out of the Batman/Lois thing by at least BvS, since I believe Alfred has that line he hoped Bruce would just abandon his revenge routine and settle down with a "nice girl from Metropolis," which some took as foreshadowing for that abandoned plot point. And then there is the "she was my world, and you took her from me" which made it into the Knightmare.

Im pretty sure I posted it in one of the many threads here so its definitely somewhere lol

Watch this video. The part about Themyscira being attacked is in 2:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Watch this video. The part about Themyscira being attacked is in 2:41.

Presumably this would all be undone by time travel.

Regardless, it's probably for the best it never made it through.

Presumably this would all be undone by time travel.

Regardless, it's probably for the best it never made it through.
    Of course it wouldve been undone by time travel but it was still a sucky concept and would've happened within a movie and not fixed until another film.