Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I enjoyed what I've seen of this Superboy! I need to get more of it on DVD; I used to watch it on DCU back when that existed, but I only have season 1 on physical media. Honestly John Haymes Newton was decent too, though his scripts tend to be pretty awful. But Gerard Christopher had that John Stamos curl in his lip! Now that was hot!

Honestly it would be cool to see GC return as an aging Superman. I doubt it would ever happen, but hey, we can dream.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I enjoyed what I've seen of this Superboy! I need to get more of it on DVD; I used to watch it on DCU back when that existed, but I only have season 1 on physical media. Honestly John Haymes Newton was decent too, though his scripts tend to be pretty awful. But Gerard Christopher had that John Stamos curl in his lip! Now that was hot!

Honestly it would be cool to see GC return as an aging Superman. I doubt it would ever happen, but hey, we can dream.
    The DVDs of seasons 2 - 4 are high quality. Head and shoulder above the dark and sometimes grainy season one Superman and Lois DVD. You'll enjoy them. Gerard wanted to include special features as the season one DVD contains but WB/DC did not allow it. It was a lift just to get season 2 - 4 on DVD.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-22-2022 at 05:17 PM.

The ever vivacious and lovely Staci Haiduk/Lana Lang.

GC2222.jpg

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Superboy flying high.

SuperboyFlyingHigh.jpg

Cool shot from the series. That Luthor - always up to no good! BTW, for some reason my photo attachments shrink after I post them. Photo is better when normal size. Weird - when I try to edit the post and then save the photo is its large normal size but when I then exit and go back in it is small.

gc44.jpg
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-30-2022 at 11:48 AM.

Cool animated Superman short voiced by John Newton (first season Superboy) and his wife Jennifer as Superman/Clark and Lois.

Man, that short was pretty awesome. John Newton was my favorite Superboy and Stacy has always being my favorite Lana Lang.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Man, that short was pretty awesome. John Newton was my favorite Superboy and Stacy has always being my favorite Lana Lang.
    Yup. I always felt Staci would have made a great Lois a la Durance. She has that "spunk" that both Durance and Kidder had.

GC7 (2).jpg
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-03-2022 at 03:40 PM.

Cool vid - it's not easy being Superboy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFeAix3mX8c

The original Clana - Gerard Christopher and Stacy Haiduk. Ten years before Tom and Kristen Kruek. Set to "It's in his kiss".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ift55ZO63i8
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 09-04-2022 at 04:27 PM.

Gerard Christopher Superboy audition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI9jcTy-bRQ

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    The DVDs of seasons 2 - 4 are high quality. Head and shoulder above the dark and sometimes grainy season one Superman and Lois DVD. You'll enjoy them. Gerard wanted to include special features as the season one DVD contains but WB/DC did not allow it. It was a lift just to get season 2 - 4 on DVD.
    No special features? That's a shame. I need to get my hands on the DVD too.

I think it's available to stream on Tubi as of now. I watched an episode or two fairly recently, since I last posted here!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    No special features? That's a shame. I need to get my hands on the DVD too.

I think it's available to stream on Tubi as of now. I watched an episode or two fairly recently, since I last posted here!
    Yeah. WB basically did everything it could to bury the Superboy TV series. It forced an early cancellation and blocked efforts to make a Superboy TV movie or an actual Superman theatrical release staring Gerard and featuring Brainiac as the villain. This was in the early 90s. The series did not go into rerun syndication after it ended. WB blocked that. It took years for Gerard to get seasons 2 - 4 on DVD. He wanted special features, owns a lot of stuff from the series including cut scenes, bloopers and all. But nada. Still the DVDs are great, and the quality is spot on.

You can get all 4 seasons (100 eps) on DVD for 25 bucks or so at Amazon or Walmart.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 10-01-2022 at 07:43 AM.

This was put together by a series fan to mimic a comic book panel. Pretty cool.

GCMetalo.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 10-02-2022 at 09:35 AM.

Another panel:

gcMetallo322.jpg
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 10-02-2022 at 11:01 AM.