Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Also, 17 was Piccolo's equal in power. And he had explicitly NO problem with his stamina running out, being an Android and all that. He too was utterly outmatched by Cell. So yeah, pretty clear inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    And again, I COULD buy that, were it not for the fact that Nappa was basically completely and utterly unaffected by it.
    Tien had been in extended beat down up till that point, and Nappa was already high in the air while being hit by one tri beam from below, not multiple over and over again into the ground from above. Cell was no more harmed by it than Nappa. It's more of a PIS moment considering Cell could have just punched his way forward into the ground and fly through his way out the side of the island.

And if that Power-Up from Cell would've been that insignificant, no attention would've been drawn to it by the story.
    Also, 17 was Piccolo's equal in power. And he had explicitly NO problem with his stamina running out, being an Android and all that. He too was utterly outmatched by Cell. So yeah, pretty clear inconsistency.
    Piccolo also started out the fight against 17 with an advantage, eventually only being more even as the fight went on, but I will concede this point as that still would mean Cell was significantly stronger than even that.

But if that's it? I wouldn't say that would mean the series as a whole is "inconsistent".
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Note, I never argued the series as a whole is thoroughly inconsistent, I'm just obejcting to the fact that it has next to no inconsistencies and brought up 2 examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Note, I never argued the series as a whole is thoroughly inconsistent, I'm just obejcting to the fact that it has next to no inconsistencies and brought up 2 examples.
    Oh that's fine. I never said it had no inconsistencies, just that there's only a few throughout the original series and could count them on one hand.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral