Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Wasn't she related to Apocalypse? Is a shame they haven't interacted in the Krakoan era, same with Chamber and all the former Horsemen like Autumn Rolfson.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Wasn't she related to Apocalypse? Is a shame they haven't interacted in the Krakoan era, same with Chamber and all the former Horsemen like Autumn Rolfson.
    Yeah her, and chamber both are descendants of Apoc...which now that you mention it woulda been fvcking SOoooo cool it the three of them had interacted while Apoc was going through his 'Big Daddy Apoc' phase early on in the Hickman era. But theres still a chance we might see Blink and Chamber interact with Apoc's kids(First HOrsemen)

Errr I don't think Autmn Rolfson has been ressed.....

yet
    GrindrStone(D)

Fantastic Member

I really liked the glimpse of potential of 616 Blink as a member of "the Six" teleporters. I also liked her hairstyle in that, lol.
    Of Exiles members counterparts I've also wanted some more from Mimic especially after it was teased he could sub for Hope in the Five.

I liked 616 Blink's revival in New Mutants, probably her main thing after the Necrosha comeback, but I'd also like to see her interact with the Generation X cohort, since she's of course originally of that generation.

Astonishing Member

Tbh, I don't get why so many people consider teleporters to now be redundant just because gateways exist.

Like, yeah, true, gateways exist now, but.......except for Magik and to a lesser degree Pixie, most teleporters aren't actually used for mass transportation? Similarly only a handful of villain teleporters have ever been responsible for mass transportation of villain teams, like Exodus and Voght.

There are tons of teleporting characters, true, but the same could be said of telepaths, flying characters, super-strong characters, etc. Redundancy is not really a thing with X-characters, because very few characters are actually defined SOLELY by their powers. And most teleporting mutants get way more mileage out of being shown using their powers in fights than for mass transit, and there's no reason for that to change because its not like gateways can be similarly used in fights. Yeah, Krakoan gateways are hella useful, but they lack the versatility of actual teleporters, most of whom have tons of ways they can make use of their powers in combat scenarios, in ways that gateways simply can't be used to duplicate. Nightcrawler, Vanisher, Voght, Darkstar, Manifold, Silhouette, Portal, Pathway, Fatale, John Wraith, Trevor Fitzroy, Locus.....all of them have frequently used their teleportation powers for a lot more than just basic transportation, not to mention that many of them have other powers in addition to the teleportation.

(Plus I find this line of thought particularly ironic in regards to Blink specifically, because she's like....one of the teleporters MOST known for how versatile her powerset is and how easily she weaponizes it in combat situations....with both versions of Blink being known for the latter).
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 07-04-2022 at 02:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I forgot how absolutely breathtaking Blink's portals looked in Days of Future Past....
    She was indeed amazing in that movie.

She did het some focus lately though, like mentioned before in Way of X and New Mutants.

Others like Neal Shaara, Lifeguard, Skids, Hellion and others did not even get that.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

1) They fumbled the bag with how they characterized her in New Mutants

2) At that time Magik was really prominent and writers really liked using Pixie for supporting roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rising7 View Post
    I really liked the glimpse of potential of 616 Blink as a member of "the Six" teleporters. I also liked her hairstyle in that, lol.
    Of Exiles members counterparts I've also wanted some more from Mimic especially after it was teased he could sub for Hope in the Five.

I liked 616 Blink's revival in New Mutants, probably her main thing after the Necrosha comeback, but I'd also like to see her interact with the Generation X cohort, since she's of course originally of that generation.
    The Six??
    and Riiight?? I thought BLink would surely at least say hey to her old GEn X buddies on panel....instead shes wearing some frumpy St Patricks Day jumpsuit and hanging out with the NM
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    (Plus I find this line of thought particularly ironic in regards to Blink specifically, because she's like....one of the teleporters MOST known for how versatile her powerset is and how easily she weaponizes it in combat situations....with both versions of Blink being known for the latter).
    I don't think 616 Blink is known for using her powers in combat situations, at least not very efficiently, NEcrosha was the 2nd time we've seen her really use her powers in a combat situation. And that was mostly just killing hapless victims, Did she do anything besides teleport in her NM stint? Also Ive always wondered exactly what is up with AoA Blinks "daggers' like how do they have physical weight? Or is Blink the only person who can hold and throw them? And when she does strike a target how do they incapacitate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

Others like Neal Shaara, Lifeguard, Skids, Hellion and others did not even get that.
    Welll the first 2 deserve....
    Quote Originally Posted by shugahfree View Post
    DuuuudeOMG Yes! Liiiiik Blink was stuck for how many years in that other dimension and in pain apparently, and as soon as shes free she's that?? Im not saying she should be depressed and frail as a fawn deer but acting like a Broish Party Girl.....is a weird choice
    2) At that time Magik was really prominent and writers really liked using Pixie for supporting roles.
    Are you sure the writers really liked her? Or was it the artists? Cauuuuse in a good bulk of the stories involving Pixies X-transportation services she barely does anything significant besides look worried, cute, and weird.
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I don't think 616 Blink is known for using her powers in combat situations, at least not very efficiently, NEcrosha was the 2nd time we've seen her really use her powers in a combat situation.
    Tbh I'm mostly thinking of her very first appearances in the Phalanx Covenant. She shredded the Phalanx by teleporting pieces of it in all different directions. That's plenty weaponized in my book, lol.

I miss Blink.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Gah I cried when i first read that Phalanx Covenant issue where she died. I thought she was the eFFin coolest, visually, powerset.

That tv show was a snooooozefest cept for Astrid Bloom I mean Reeva Payge
    I cried too. She was one of my favorites of the Gen Xers and while the AoA is popular she was another badass 90's woman of the day but she's not a bad character but I prefer the original. Someone said she might be too similar to Pixie and that could be true. But the AoA version maybe less so. Certainly a lot of people would be happy if she came back to a more prominent role.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 07-04-2022 at 09:01 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I cried too. She was one of my favorites of the Gen Xers and while the AoA is popular she was another badass 90's woman of the day but she's not a bad character but I prefer the original. Someone said she might be too similar to Pixie and that could be true. But the AoA version maybe less so. Certainly a lot of people would be happy if she came back to a more prominent role.
    Just give 616 Blink a green outfit and pair her with Wildchild, nobady will notice is not the AoA version.

Every character just needs a writer that gives a shit about them. Blink was gone for so long so I dont think writers have any attachment to 616 Blink.

I wish she had more of a presence but le sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Tbh, I don't get why so many people consider teleporters to now be redundant just because gateways exist.

Like, yeah, true, gateways exist now, but.......except for Magik and to a lesser degree Pixie, most teleporters aren't actually used for mass transportation? Similarly only a handful of villain teleporters have ever been responsible for mass transportation of villain teams, like Exodus and Voght.

There are tons of teleporting characters, true, but the same could be said of telepaths, flying characters, super-strong characters, etc. Redundancy is not really a thing with X-characters, because very few characters are actually defined SOLELY by their powers. And most teleporting mutants get way more mileage out of being shown using their powers in fights than for mass transit, and there's no reason for that to change because its not like gateways can be similarly used in fights. Yeah, Krakoan gateways are hella useful, but they lack the versatility of actual teleporters, most of whom have tons of ways they can make use of their powers in combat scenarios, in ways that gateways simply can't be used to duplicate. Nightcrawler, Vanisher, Voght, Darkstar, Manifold, Silhouette, Portal, Pathway, Fatale, John Wraith, Trevor Fitzroy, Locus.....all of them have frequently used their teleportation powers for a lot more than just basic transportation, not to mention that many of them have other powers in addition to the teleportation.

Well a lot of teleporters have the volume limit... it's why Nightcrawler can't do mass transit. Blink... can just zap people to their destination. She doesn't even need to go with them. So even if it's one at a time.... it's not like how Nightcrawler has to TP repeatedly just for a small group.

I love 616 Blink. Ever since I was a kid and read Phalanx Covenant. I was excited when I saw her in S.W.O.R.D., but then she never did anything.

Incredible Member

She should've never been shoved into the New Mutants to begin with. She and Grey never belonged to begin with.