Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I’d prefer the X-books address the issues of climate change and the environment not with a character that reads like how Tucker Carlson thinks enviorimentalists act.
    ok are you calling out tucker carlson too or only your ficitional characters? I'm not saying you but i find people seem to have higher principles for their fiction than they do for people and things in real life which makes no sense to me at all. Seems like a hard way to enjoy anything.

Also Lin is becoming more beast like thus the hooves and physical as well as mental changes she is going through which some even surprised her., and guess what most people are carnivores. I mean is all your chicken just bones?
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-05-2022 at 06:32 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    ok are you calling out tucker carlson too or only your ficitional characters? I'm not saying you but i find people seem to have higher principles for their fiction than they do for people and things in real life which makes no sense to me at all. Seems like a hard way to enjoy anything.
    A).I’m calling out both.

B). I don’t think it’s a particularly high bar that if a comic book company is to release a pro-enviorimentalist book or at least one featuring one they don’t make that character a raving lunatic. DC doesn’t seem to have this same issue where apparently the way to make an enviorimentalist interesting is to turn them into a literally throat chomping off lunatic who does things that hurts the envioriment more than helps and blames the downfall of earth on retail store managers.

A).I’m calling out both.

B). I don’t think it’s a particularly high bar that if a comic book company is to release a pro-enviorimentalist book or at least one featuring one they don’t make that character a raving lunatic. DC doesn’t seem to have this same issue where apparently the way to make an enviorimentalist interesting is to turn them into a literally throat chomping off lunatic who does things that hurts the envioriment more than helps and blames the downfall of earth on retail store managers.
    So we should only see what you want? We should only see one side of an equation
    And this is marvel not DC. I mean the best way to get the exact story you want to see is to write it. I can't wait for the next part of xmen green. And who knew Lin speaks for all environmentalist when she is one mutant. Does Tucker Carlson speak for all conservatives? I never thought so.

Also as stated stuff like this happens, loonies driving across state lines to attack people who don't even live anywhere near them and for no reason at all but their personal beliefs of hatred. Lin isn't doing this because she hates humans she is doing this because she want to survive. You don't have to agree with the lengths people go to to not be erased. But it's probably better to leave the real life out of it because what some of these monsters are doing is even more absurd.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-05-2022 at 06:39 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member

They could have build up her heel turn, It happened suddenly. Why other mutants with simmilar powers as her like Black Tom, Dryad, Mondo, etc aren't acting like her? If is for comedy purpose, is just not fun to me see her killing innocent blue collar employees and hang out with a rapist dinosaur when she is still underage. Krakoa has done more damage to the envioriment than that plastic bag, remember the parasite that infected that whale? The Terra Verde Genocide? Whe isn't she going after Beast then?

Garbage writing and cheap shock value.
    Last edited by Milici; 07-05-2022 at 06:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

So we should only see what you want? We should only see one side of an equation
    And this is marvel not DC. I mean the best way to get the exact story you want to see is to write it. I can't wait for the next part of xmen green. And who knew Lin speaks for all environmentalist when she is one mutant. Does Tucker Carlson speak for all conservatives? I never thought so.
    “Only one side of an equation”…..do you actually think a significant chunk of environmental activists act like this?!

“Only one side of an equation”…..do you actually think a significant chunk of environmental activists act like this?!
    And you got that from where? Again Lin is one person. So you reaching and this isn't a biopic it's fiction. Minde Irvin does a great job advocating the enviorment or discovery. I don't need every space to attack an issue the same.

Your also acting as though th story is saying she is in the right. It says she has a just cause which she does but it's been said pretty flat out by wolverine, by the xmen, by the council, by news media, by humans, that Lin is doing the wrong thing, even namor and black panther. Only ones to support have been sauron, curse, and the animal victims themselves who unlike others Lin can actually hear their cries for help. Would you leave a defenseless being crying for help to get shot in the head of it was calling out for your help? Especially one being hunted and poached illegally.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-05-2022 at 06:55 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Just to add I also enjoy that pyro is helping them by writing books that are coded to tell them where to go next. Lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member

And you got that from where? Again Lin is one person. So you reaching and this isn't a biopic it's fiction. Minde Irvin does a great job advocating the enviorment or discovery. I don't need every space to attack an issue the same.

Your also acting as though th story is saying she is in the right. It says she has a just cause which she does but it's been said pretty flat out by wolverine, by the xmen, by the council, by news media, by humans, that Lin is doing the wrong thing, even namor. Only ones to support have been sauron, curse, and the animal victims themselves who unlike others Lin can actually hear their cries for help. Would you leave a defenseless being crying for help to get shot in the head of it was calling out for your help? Especially one being hunted and poached illegally.
    She got away, Black Panther let her go, Krakoa said she was right, Pyro is her accomplice, Cypher could have gotten her psychiatric help, Where are the New Mutants/Gene X? What does Eye Boy think about her? Where are the X-Men? they left Krakoa to help human and mutant coexistence ....

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    She got away, Black Panther let her go, Krakoa said she was right, Pyro is her accomplice, Cypher could have gotten her psychiatric help, Where are the New Mutants/Gene X? What does Eye Boy think about her? Where are the X-Men? they left Krakoa to help human and mutant coexistence ....
    Okay? Is doom in a cell, he was having a buddy buddy conversation with Cap in Sword. Is Namor in jail? Where are the avengers, where is anyone? Have the inhumans been brought up on charges for all the humans they killed while they let the gas run around. Should i care what eyeboy thinks of her? I don't need every detail in a story you apparently do. And the xmen are actually looking for her and she has inside help via Pyro's books. Have you actually read the chapters cause all i see are people throwing out bullet points. BP let her go to see what she would do next, also it could have created an incident for him as he doesn't know what is happening in Krakoa exactly. Krakoa can not live off earth either so it has a stake in it and it let her go. What would psychiatric help do if she literally hears the animals screaming out to her as they are being murdered, which to be sure is what is happening in her opinion well it's not even opinion, it's fact because again unlike us she hears the animals talking to her heart as though you would hear a neighbor screaming for help. And she did help, once again are we reading the story? She went to mars as far as she in concerned when earth dies, she dies and all the animals screaming to her for help, animals that want to help so bad sharks were even defying namor. People can play it down because they don't care but it's all right there in the actual story if they care to read.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member

Okay? Is doom in a cell, he was having a buddy buddy conversation with Cap in Sword. Is Namor in jail? Where are the avengers, where is anyone? Have the inhumans been brought up on charges for all the humans they killed while they let the gas run around. Should i care what eyeboy thinks of her? I don't need every detail in a story you apparently do. And the xmen are actually looking for her and she has inside help via Pyro's books. Have you actually read the chapters cause all i see are people throwing out bullet points. BP let her go to see what she would do next, also it could have created an incident for him as he doesn't know what is happening in Krakoa exactly. Krakoa can not live off earth either so it has a stake in it and it let her go. What would psychiatric help do if she literally hears the animals screaming out to her as they are being murdered, which to be sure is what is happening in her opinion well it's not even opinion, it's fact because again unlike us she hears the animals talking to her heart as though you would hear a neighbor screaming for help. And she did help, once again are we reading the story? She went to mars as far as she in concerned when earth dies, she dies and all the animals screaming to her for help, animals that want to help so bad sharks were even defying namor. People can play it down because they don't care but it's all right there in the actual story if they care to read.
    I would not have a problem if this story was in an alternate universe, but this is 616, this story is not in a vacuum. I care because she was part of Generation X, she was in a relationship with Eyeboy, not she can not be used anymore. It also make everyone around her look very incompentent, it gives ammunition to the crowd that wants Krakoa burnt to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    I would not have a problem if this story was in an alternate universe, but this is 616, this story is not in a vacuum. I care because she was part of Generation X, she was in a relationship with Eyeboy, not she can not be used anymore. It also make everyone around her look very incompentent, it gives ammunition to the crowd that wants Krakoa burnt to the ground.
    She's being used right now in Xmen green which is the most she has been used since the last Generation X story where she was dating eyeball and quentin saved jubilee from burning in the sun with the phoenix shard that made her a mutant again. And people had ammunition from the word safe space for mutants so like really, it's not going to change much they been wanted to burn it down and played their card too hot too early. And she actually looks pretty competent to me, i mean she is still free isn't she.

And what i'm getting is you don't perse have a problem with the story because a bad story is a bad story even in an alternate universe, you don't like how it changed what you know and your expectation of what can be done but let me tell you if characters were limiited by what some of us thought there never would have been a krakoa in the first place, that much i can guarantee.

And if Doom, Thanos, Black Bolt can still be seen as heroes sometimes or still have storylines then i don't understand why lin would automatically be any different. She could just as easily save a bus full of vegans as she could kill workers in a meat packing plant. Heck the red skull still gets story.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-05-2022 at 07:23 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member

They turned her into a cannibal and now she’s discount Poison Ivy. I say discount because even Poison Ivy isn’t typically dumb enough to blow up oil refineries or think that blue collar supermarket workers are somehow more to blame for enviorimental issues than rich CEO types.

We could have had mutant Animal Man. Instead we have Mutant enviorimentalist Deadpool
    If people had morals and cared about the environment then they would not work for the oil refiniries therefore no one to do the grunt work for the ceos. Som hings are immoral from the ground up.

Incredible Member

Not saying Nature Girl is right, but also not saying she is wrong. BUT she does have justification for what she is doing even if it is not the best way to achieve what she wants. The road to hell is laid with the best of intentions. Also since her powers are so entwined with the Earth I also have a question if she is fully in her right mind, maybe the damage being done by humanity is manifesting its pain through the link with Nature Girl.

Was not expecting the maggot story to be this good. It seems because eanu was deatched for so long he had to eat in order to survive and the voices of the things he's eaten and what he has done is haunting the newly reborn Ernie. It's actually a pretty touching story so far. Emma is doing a deep dive into Ernie and seeing what he is as he is connected to the large Eenie

Screenshot_20220705-124527.jpg
    Screenshot_20220705-124559.jpg
    Screenshot_20220705-124653.jpg
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I know Nature Girl can't go to Arakko, but they should really send Curse, perhaps with the Xorn brothers as chaperones..
    My flag is bacon.