Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Worst Spider-man Idea Since OMD and BND

Worst Spider-man Idea Since OMD and BND is absolutely Spider-man exposing his secret identity to J. Jonah Jameson!
    It destroyed in its way the Spider-man Character with having him him act that massively out of Character.
    JJJ always proved to be an instabile Character at best. He, for no rational reason, made not only New York hatte SM, but also sponsored/called into the game numerous Villains like the Smythes with their Spiderslayers, Scorpion, Fly, Kraven the Hunter . . .
    It was out of Character irresponsiple from SM to expose himself to such a person 'cause JJJ was bound to slip up somehow with his knowledge, which not only was bound to give hell to SM, but also deadly endangermet to all of Peter Parkers friends and family.
    This didnt happen of course 'cause Marvel would Shootingstar its own leg by telling this story.

JJJs Character got also destroyed, only another way. Some fand once wrote that some SM facts are for eternity and wrote them Down. JJJ hating SM was one of this facts.
    Now its gone and I dont know how chance are that Marvel will eher redo it.
    JJJ isnt himself anymore! Why did Marvel do such a despicable thing?
    I assume the grouchy old man got too old fashioned, and Joe Quesada wanted to do something new?
    Like he did when he forced OMD and BND Down our throats!

This is the worst post on this forum since OMD and BND

Think this is more fitting to post here:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...r-Man-Opinions
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Well… that’s a take, alright.

This post makes no sense. People hate OMD/BND because it undid a lot of character development and progress. JJJ finding out Pete is Spidey and becoming one of his biggest supporters is one of the few bright spots of genuine character development since BND. Plus, the issue he found out was great in itself.

Are we talking about in-universe ideas of Peter, or out-of-universe ideas of Marvel Comics? Because if it is in-universe, the worst idea Peter had EVER, is not that one...

Astonishing Member

From what he writes in his rambling post, he clearly means out-of-universe ideas of Marvel comics.

Didn't see that one coming!

In my opinion, if anything, the new status quo with Jonah is so underused. It might be retconned some time but as of now it's given the Jonah/Spidey dynamic years of mileage ahead, after not really doing anything besides introducing Jameson Sr.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Making Jonah know that Peter is Spider-Man kinda opens the door for some writer down the line using it to make JJJ and Peter look bad down the line. No one was expecting Sins Past so far after Gwen's death, who knows what someone will do with this status quo in a future story.

However, I personally don't like how Nick Spencer handled how Peter lost his Degree.
    "Cable was right!"

Eh, it's worked out okay.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

JJJ and his bandwagon of hate loses quite a bit of credulity in light of social media. Anyone from anywhere can now do what he was doing for all those years. So to me it makes sense to just have JJJ know, so the characters can be developed more and used differently for a time.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    JJJ and his bandwagon of hate loses quite a bit of credulity in light of social media. Anyone from anywhere can now do what he was doing for all those years. So to me it makes sense to just have JJJ know, so the characters can be developed more and used differently for a time.
    Good point there, especially since social media has given rise to all sorts of cranks who get clicks, likes, shares, retweets, etc. from being as outrageous and inflammatory as possible, facts be damned.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Sorry, Chasm and what happened to Ben Reilly is worse than JJJ learning Peter's identity by far.

Kindred was a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Not really? Even if about anyone can hate on Spidey, you need to be famous for it to reach anyone, much less have them care or agree with you, otherwise it's just the internet equivalent of a hobo screaming "The end is near!" on the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Good point there, especially since social media has given rise to all sorts of cranks who get clicks, likes, shares, retweets, etc. from being as outrageous and inflammatory as possible, facts be damned.
    They learned that from news.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

I enjoy JJ Knowing. It shows him just how wrong he has been about Spidey in the past. And gives him a chance to make up for it.

That is one of the things I think the Ultimate Universe did right. JJ knowing that Peter was Spiderman and wanting to help him out as best as he could.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    Sorry, Chasm and what happened to Ben Reilly is worse than JJJ learning Peter's identity by far.

Kindred was a close second.
    Sure, what happened to Ben Reilly was the second worst Marvel Idea since OMD and BND!
    It destroyed for me a beloved (supposedly dead) character.
    But Spidey exposing to Jonah destroyed two main characters, beloved since the sixties.

Social Media rising; But Newspaper counts still as more credible, especially if made by a former NY Mayor.
    Last edited by The Nice Centurion; 07-06-2022 at 03:44 AM.