Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Not really? Even if about anyone can hate on Spidey, you need to be famous for it to reach anyone, much less have them care or agree with you, otherwise it's just the internet equivalent of a hobo screaming "The end is near!" on the streets.

They learned that from news.
    Fair points.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    This is the worst post on this forum since OMD and BND
    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    From what he writes in his rambling post, he clearly means out-of-universe ideas of Marvel comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Eh, it's worked out okay.
    Dont know what is meant by "out of universe Ideas". SM exposing to JJJ clearly happened in our 616 universe.

That it worked out fine is a threesome part of the whole irrational Idea. Exposing was out of Char for SM. It is out of Char for JJJ not to cause catastrophic events with his knowledge. But if he would, the irrationality of the topic Marvel Idea would become obvious even to the dumbest reader! So Marvel has no choice, but to make it work out okay.

That said, I am disappointed with above posts. I gave RATIONALE REASONS WHY this was a very bad Idea, and get no rationale counter. Instead I get irrational Non-substantial outcries.

Thinking about topic; I habe to extend my stand: SM exposing to JJJ is surely the worst, most self destructive Idea MADE IN A COMIC BOOK EVER !!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Nice Centurion View Post
    Dont know what is meant by "out of universe Ideas". SM exposing to JJJ clearly happened in our 616 universe.

That it worked out fine is a threesome part of the whole irrational Idea. Exposing was out of Char for SM. It is out of Char for JJJ not to cause catastrophic events with his knowledge. But if he would, the irrationality of the topic Marvel Idea would become obvious even to the dumbest reader! So Marvel has no choice, but to make it work out okay.

That said, I am disappointed with above posts. I gave RATIONALE REASONS WHY this was a very bad Idea, and get no rationale counter. Instead I get irrational Non-substantial outcries.

Thinking about topic; I habe to extend my stand: SM exposing to JJJ is surely the worst, most self destructive Idea MADE IN A COMIC BOOK EVER !!!
    I mean you have to completely ignore that JJ was told to move on from his hate by his dead wife, but it was all he had at the moment to keep going, and Spidey wanted to move on from all of that nonsense for once, it was basically in a spot where stuff could change, and the trip to the other universe has the other JJ being told Peter is Spidey and that shows what would happen if JJ learned of it earlier, before he was willing to change in any way.

Anyways, this not even close to being one of his worst decisions, this is the same guy who:

- Revealed his secret identity to the world in Civil War just because daddy Stark told him to.

- Joined Jackal briefly into killing the planet because he was sad.

- Decided to keep Norman around after he lost his memory over being Green Goblin, even when it was made clear, twice, that the Green Goblin memories can return, and the third time they did is what got Gwen killed.

- Has a no kill code to the point of insanity where he lets villains like Carnage live and even tries to say he "may be the most innocent of all!" when defending his point back in Maximum Carnage.

Those are just some I can think of right now, there's probably more I'm forgetting, Spidey revealing his identity to JJ is not even close to being that bad of a decision considering the kind of ****-ups due to his own dumbness, and hell, if he made more "bad" decisions like revealing his identity to JJ, his live would be less miserable.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

And don't forget... return to Earth from another planet, wearing an alien suit, keep it because it's cool, and not going to let the Fantastic Four check it for WEEKS. It's an alien thing, dude!

I mean you have to completely ignore that JJ was told to move on from his hate by his dead wife, but it was all he had at the moment to keep going, and Spidey wanted to move on from all of that nonsense for once, it was basically in a spot where stuff could change, and the trip to the other universe has the other JJ being told Peter is Spidey and that shows what would happen if JJ learned of it earlier, before he was willing to change in any way.

Anyways, this not even close to being one of his worst decisions, this is the same guy who:

- Revealed his secret identity to the world in Civil War just because daddy Stark told him to.

- Decided to keep Norman around after he lost his memory over being Green Goblin, even when it was made clear, twice, that the Green Goblin memories can return, and the third time they did is what got Gwen killed.

- Has a no kill code to the point of insanity where he lets villains like Carnage live and even tries to say he "may be the most innocent of all!" when defending his point back in Maximum Carnage.

Those are just some I can think of right now, there's probably more I'm forgetting, Spidey revealing his identity to JJ is not even close to being that bad of a decision considering the kind of ****-ups due to his own dumbness, and hell, if he made more "bad" decisions like revealing his identity to JJ, his live would be less miserable.
    And speaking of Norman, Spidey taking a bullet for him at the end of Go Down Swinging while Norman's stripped of the Carnage symbiote and (seemingly) completely out of it after the fiery explosion that just killed the symbiote to keep Jonah from becoming a murderer, even though Jonah was right that Norman would never stop killing and, on top of killing Flash/Agent Anti-Venom, butchered a bunch of random people in Times Square just to torque Spidey through his own sense of compassion . . . Hell, even if it did backfire in the whole Sins Rising/Return of the Green Goblin/Last Remains part of the Kindred Saga that took up Nick Spencer's run, it's hard not to agree that Peter's only setting himself up for more pain and death if he lets Osborn keep living at this point. Not to mention the current status quo where Norman, who was "cleansed" of his sins during and after Last Remains and has presumably remained as such till now, even if he's starting to act more like his old self, is now Peter's only (remaining) friend and soon-to-be-benefactor, which will certainly not backfire at all this time. (Sarcasm fully intended.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    And don't forget... return to Earth from another planet, wearing an alien suit, keep it because it's cool, and not going to let the Fantastic Four check it for WEEKS. It's an alien thing, dude!
    Points. Spider's Shadow makes the last one even worse, even if that's a What If?, with him deliberately refusing to take off the alien suit because, "It's a living, feeling, possibly thinking being that deserves to have a choice!" Then said being prevents him from saving his Aunt May when Hobgoblin attacks them because it's afraid of fire and encourages him to take out his grief and anger by killing Hobgoblin and moving onto the rest of his rogues' gallery, even breaking J. Jonah Jameson's hand out of spite for all the editorials he's written accusing him of being a bad guy all along --- way to validate Jonah's point there, Spidey. Oh, and when he does finally separate from the symbiote, the end result is a smaller-scale version of King in Black or the videogame Spider-Man: Web of Shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    He did think it was just a costume, but uh, even then, it could have some space bacteria even if it was just some advanced costume.

It became even sillier once Secret Wars kept being published and showed in the end that, the machine where he got the symbiote from, is not the machine that Thor and other characters used to make their own costumes, and he knew this, even briefly wondered why his own is the only one that is just clothes, but then dismisses the thought with an "Oh well." lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And speaking of Norman, Spidey taking a bullet for him at the end of Go Down Swinging while Norman's stripped of the Carnage symbiote and (seemingly) completely out of it after the fiery explosion that just killed the symbiote to keep Jonah from becoming a murderer, even though Jonah was right that Norman would never stop killing and, on top of killing Flash/Agent Anti-Venom, butchered a bunch of random people in Times Square just to torque Spidey through his own sense of compassion . . .
    I had forgotten about Go Down Swinging lol.

The moment itself is already dumb, but the art made it worse, because Spidey blocked the bullet in a way that it didn't even look like he prevented it from hitting Norman, because it wasn't gonna hit Norman:

(ASM#800).

Hell, even if it did backfire in the whole Sins Rising/Return of the Green Goblin/Last Remains part of the Kindred Saga that took up Nick Spencer's run, it's hard not to agree that Peter's only setting himself up for more pain and death if he lets Osborn keep living at this point. Not to mention the current status quo where Norman, who was "cleansed" of his sins during and after Last Remains and has presumably remained as such till now, even if he's starting to act more like his old self, is now Peter's only (remaining) friend and soon-to-be-benefactor, which will certainly not backfire at all this time. (Sarcasm fully intended.)
    I'll say that him wanting to save Norman from that makes some sense at least.

We have Sin Eater suddenly coming back and stealing sins from villains to add into his own power, while it can look like he's doing a good thing, well, Sin Eater is insane, he's not trustworthy with that much power by default, nor were the limitations of his power known, or what it even does to his already insane mind, and Norman later on says that Kindred is behind this, not letting Sin Eater get to Norman is pragmatic because Sin Eater is not trustworthy, Kindred even less so.

It's why letting Sin Eater have Norman is an actual mistake lol.

Points. Spider's Shadow makes the last one even worse, even if that's a What If?, with him deliberately refusing to take off the alien suit because, "It's a living, feeling, possibly thinking being that deserves to have a choice!" Then said being prevents him from saving his Aunt May when Hobgoblin attacks them because it's afraid of fire and encourages him to take out his grief and anger by killing Hobgoblin and moving onto the rest of his rogues' gallery, even breaking J. Jonah Jameson's hand out of spite for all the editorials he's written accusing him of being a bad guy all along --- way to validate Jonah's point there, Spidey. Oh, and when he does finally separate from the symbiote, the end result is a smaller-scale version of King in Black or the videogame Spider-Man: Web of Shadows.
    That one is more excusable, the symbiote stayed with him long enough to manipulate his mind more and more, even the dream he had while having that test being done on him is all about him not being strong enough without the symbiote, and soon after, Spidey talks about needing the symbiote to be stronger.

While he was dumb enough to take longer to get the suit analyzed in that what if, the decision to keep the symbiote isn't completely his' by that point, and it only got worse.

I forgot to mention that JJJs Bugle ranting about Green Goblin and Spiderman together murdering Gwen Stacy triggered Professor Miles Warren to becom the Chakal.
    So JJJ indirectly triggered Clone Saga, Caines Murder Spree, Ben Reilly trying to murder the world and cloning everybody . . .

Astonishing Member

Taking the bullet to save Norman also doesn’t make sense since Norman’s advanced healing factor is second only to Wolverine and Deadpool. He once survived falling off a skyscraper while being blown up by a bag full of exploding pumpkin bombs… but no one seems to remember that.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

When was that?

Also I don't understand why heroes get grief having no kill codes. Like if you want the bad guys dead, do the dirty work yourself instead of sticking them in places like The Raft, it just makes you look like hypocrites.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    When was that?
    Maximum Clonage… jeez, are you saying you haven’t read one of the worst Spider-Man stories ever? /s

Astonishing Member

Actually I gave you clear reasons. You just chose to ignore them. What a shock.

He did think it was just a costume, but uh, even then, it could have some space bacteria even if it was just some advanced costume.

It became even sillier once Secret Wars kept being published and showed in the end that, the machine where he got the symbiote from, is not the machine that Thor and other characters used to make their own costumes, and he knew this, even briefly wondered why his own is the only one that is just clothes, but then dismisses the thought with an "Oh well." lol.

I had forgotten about Go Down Swinging lol.

The moment itself is already dumb, but the art made it worse, because Spidey blocked the bullet in a way that it didn't even look like he prevented it from hitting Norman, because it wasn't gonna hit Norman:

(ASM#800).

I'll say that him wanting to save Norman from that makes some sense at least.

We have Sin Eater suddenly coming back and stealing sins from villains to add into his own power, while it can look like he's doing a good thing, well, Sin Eater is insane, he's not trustworthy with that much power by default, nor were the limitations of his power known, or what it even does to his already insane mind, and Norman later on says that Kindred is behind this, not letting Sin Eater get to Norman is pragmatic because Sin Eater is not trustworthy, Kindred even less so.

It's why letting Sin Eater have Norman is an actual mistake lol.

That one is more excusable, the symbiote stayed with him long enough to manipulate his mind more and more, even the dream he had while having that test being done on him is all about him not being strong enough without the symbiote, and soon after, Spidey talks about needing the symbiote to be stronger.

While he was dumb enough to take longer to get the suit analyzed in that what if, the decision to keep the symbiote isn't completely his' by that point, and it only got worse.
    Fair analysis there.

Taking the bullet to save Norman also doesn’t make sense since Norman’s advanced healing factor is second only to Wolverine and Deadpool. He once survived falling off a skyscraper while being blown up by a bag full of exploding pumpkin bombs… but no one seems to remember that.
    Ah, that was Peter Parker: Spider-Man #75, right? When Norman revealed himself as the true mastermind of the Clone Saga and all that? And capped it off with not only killing Ben Reilly, but shouting to Peter as he was falling off that skyscraper with all those exploding pumpkin bombs: "You have no idea what I've taken from you!"

I forgot to mention that JJJs Bugle ranting about Green Goblin and Spiderman together murdering Gwen Stacy triggered Professor Miles Warren to becom the Chakal.
    So JJJ indirectly triggered Clone Saga, Caines Murder Spree, Ben Reilly trying to murder the world and cloning everybody . . .
    So what? He can't be blamed for that, Miles Warren was already fucked in the head to begin with, if anything you can say Peter is more at fault for all of this than JJ lol.

If we're blaming JJ for stuff related to super-villains, blame him for Scorpion's creation, and Spider-Slayer being used against Spidey to begin with, he banked those more directly.

Huh, was Spectacular cartoon referencing the comics with Norman's "death" in it then? Wasn't aware, when does that happen?

Also at this point, Hulk's healing factor is safely comparable with Wolverine's, specially after Immortal Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    When was that?
    Maximum Clonage Alpha:

Ultimately, nothing much happened from this, but Spidey joining Jackal for any reasons is disgusting anyways.

Right before this he tried to kill Ben and backhanded MJ into a wall, and MJ was pregnant at the time:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...00/unknown.png

(Spectacular#226)

So yeah, no wonder TheCape said a few times that 1995 is the worst year for Spidey lol.

Also I don't understand why heroes get grief having no kill codes. Like if you want the bad guys dead, do the dirty work yourself instead of sticking them in places like The Raft, it just makes you look like hypocrites.
    I mean, heroes not wanting to kill is understandable, but, Marvel and DC have repeatedly shown that the government is hilariously incompetent when it comes to this kind of thing, only imprisoning villains ain't a thing that really works.

Even if we don't think about this angle, and not have heroes actively killing villains, going out of their way to save villains like Carnage under the excuse of "he may be the most innocent of all!" is insanity no matter how you slice it lol.

Of course JJJ can be blame for everything his unresponsible hateful Newspaper articles provoked!
    If his article called out to kill Negros, wouldnt JJJ be responsible for upcoming citywide race riots ?
    But that isnt even my point. My point is that it is horribly out of character for Peter Parker to put the lives of his friends and family (by exposing) into the hands of such a person!

Astonishing Member

If his article called out to kill Negros, wouldnt JJJ be responsible for upcoming citywide race riots ?
    Lol wut??! That’d be a strange Spider-Man story (especially since JJJ has long been established as a strong supporter of civil rights going back to the Silver Age)