Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Default Picture this mini set-up

Tell me what you think of this:

Hellion hears about the multiple death by the hands of Karima and Nimrod. Karima, the woman of he warned for would one day turn against them and therefor tried to kill her, now working with Nimrod, the creation that cost him to loose his hands.

He storms to his former coach Rogue at the Green Lagoon who is just talking with her former X-Treme team mates Neal, Sage and Lifeguard.

Hellion demands to be send on the next mission against Orchis. Neal hears about Karima's changes for the first time and says he wants to join Julian.

Rogue and Sage wonder off to discuss and finally agree they can come along the next mission to end Orchis.

They will be joined by Rogue herself, Hijack, as he can screw up machinery, Unusscione for forcefield and Blink for transportation.

It will be an all or nothing mission, with Karima and Nimrod on their kill list.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

I love it tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Hellion! He's catchy, offensive, brutal and gross, but with youth appeal. Most iconic X-Man character tbqh.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Rogue was Hellion's former coach?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member

Tell me what you think of this:

Hellion hears about the multiple death by the hands of Karima and Nimrod. Karima, the woman of he warned for would one day turn against them and therefor tried to kill her, now working with Nimrod, the creation that cost him to loose his hands.

He storms to his former coach Rogue at the Green Lagoon who is just talking with her former X-Treme team mates Neal, Sage and Lifeguard.

Hellion demands to be send on the next mission against Orchis. Neal hears about Karima's changes for the first time and says he wants to join Julian.

Rogue and Sage wonder off to discuss and finally agree they can come along the next mission to end Orchis.

They will be joined by Rogue herself, Hijack, as he can screw up machinery, Unusscione for forcefield and Blink for transportation.

It will be an all or nothing mission, with Karima and Nimrod on their kill list.
    Can we not call her Karima please? Karima was an interesting ally and character to the X-men who got overwritten by a fully sentinelized version of herself from the future. This is Omega Sentinel

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Can we not call her Karima please? Karima was an interesting ally and character to the X-men who got overwritten by a fully sentinelized version of herself from the future. This is Omega Sentinel
    Given that Inferno was deliberately set up as the machines' version of Days of Future Past, and thinking about how that story originally played out, and how the movie adaptation of that storyline had Kitty sending Logan's mind back in time to write over his past self's consciousness....

I've kinda been wondering whether a circuit of time-manipulating mutants, maybe amped up by a power enhancer like Khora, Cortez or Amp....could potentially rewind Omega Sentinel's consciousness to the point BEFORE her future self was sent back through time to over-write Karima's past self. Thus 'freeing' her and rebooting her original personality.

I mean, first they'd have to know that she'd been overwritten by the future version of herself in the first place, but given that this is a total hypothetical, maybe they could find that out via precogs or some other intel-gathering mutants. Idk.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 07-05-2022 at 09:35 AM.

The Red Dragon

I think the problem with anything Orchis related set ups is I have to roll my eyes at them being a threat.

You have this big island with reality warpers, telepaths, telekinetics, magnetism, etc and you cant destroy this space station? Like why just send Mags or domino/wolverine/kid omega? It makes the council come off as kind of dumb lol

It’s such a manufactured threat and requires too much suspension of belief. I cant take it seriously

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Given that Inferno was deliberately set up as the machines' version of Days of Future Past, and thinking about how that story originally played out, and how the movie adaptation of that storyline had Kitty sending Logan's mind back in time to write over his past self's consciousness....

I've kinda been wondering whether a circuit of time-manipulating mutants, maybe amped up by a power enhancer like Khora, Cortez or Amp....could potentially rewind Omega Sentinel's consciousness to the point BEFORE her future self was sent back through time to over-write Karima's past self. Thus 'freeing' her and rebooting her original personality.

I mean, first they'd have to know that she'd been overwritten by the future version of herself in the first place, but given that this is a total hypothetical, maybe they could find that out via precogs or some other intel-gathering mutants. Idk.
    I’d been down for that. If anything it would be a nice change of pace from the fate of usual human allies of the X-men, which is typically either death, turning evil, or retconned into a mutant. Hell for Moira we had all three at once.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I think the problem with anything Orchis related set ups is I have to roll my eyes at them being a threat.

You have this big island with reality warpers, telepaths, telekinetics, magnetism, etc and you cant destroy this space station? Like why just send Mags or domino/wolverine/kid omega? It makes the council come off as kind of dumb lol

It’s such a manufactured threat and requires too much suspension of belief. I cant take it seriously
    While I’ll complain about how the fandom seems opposed to the idea of anyone providing a challenge to mutants at all, I’ll agree that Orchis’ threat has been extremely minor. I think the main issue is they are too passive. It’s hard to take them seriously as major threats when they never really do anything. It’s been how many years and how many times has Orchis actually posed a serious threat? And I mean Orchis, not affiliates who pop up as enemies in individual books likes Club Sinister and Brand.

You’ve got Nimrod, who is essentially supposed to be the Fury but we never really see it. The fury despite being arguable a much simpler villain with even less of a personality was at least threatening. Nimrod just hasn’t done anything this run

I would rather have a storyline where former friends & allies of Karima work to rescue her.
    Last edited by Krakoa; 07-05-2022 at 12:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I just wanted to know what peeps think about my idea.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Astonishing Member

I just wanted to know what peeps think about my idea.
    I’m interested in anything with Hellion and the setup is fine but having Karima on the kill list when it’s a future fully sentinelized version of her sent back in time to possess current Karima makes killing not something I’m in favor of.

Oh, did we ever get a reason for why it also turned her red btw?

Ok, but we get gyros along the way ok?

Extraordinary Member

The way it's described, the mini would have to end with them failing and being killed the way all the previous teams who tried this were killed. Orchis has been too established as THE big threat to mutants as a species for the entire storyarc to be resolved by a team of D-listers assembled just because Hellion is still mad at Nimrod. The way the threat has been established has been problematic, but that's the way Orchis has been depicted since HOXPOX. To have this team defeat Orchis after being gathered in this manner would mean that Marvel had simply abandoned the Orchis storyarc and had given up on ever truly resolving it.

If the setup to the mini established exactly why these specific characters are mutantkind's last hope by taking the most powerful mutants and the leaders off the board and setting up a ticking clock, then the story would work as the plucky underdogs and unlikely heroes saving the day where the more established heroes and leaders had failed.