Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Dark Crisis #2 Discussion/Spoilers

Random thoughts:
    -- Man, I do not like Deathstroke's look
    -- Do you think Williamson actually knows what the word "prodigal" means?
    -- I'm glad the whole issue wasn't just the Nightwing/Deathstroke fight
    -- Big events like this always end up giving characters short-shrift and jobbed just to move the story along, but man, the Titans might as well have been civilians for how effective they were.
    -- I wonder if that one line from Deathstroke about Gar being alive was a last minute thing. Otherwise, shouldn't Raven be rushing him to a hospital or something?
    -- Such a waste of Cyborg Superman. He's becoming the Junkyard Dog of DC until someone decides to remind us he's supposed to be a real threat.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-05-2022 at 08:56 AM.

Has anyone actually died in this event? I mean we all know the Justice League will be back clearly based on what Pariah is actually doing…but after issue 2 I got some thoughts.

Because Changeling/Beast Boy was shot in the face, but I guess he survived. And Titan Tower goes boom, but the only person who may have died is Chupacabra because he had a bomb on him. So is the only casualty of this event right now Chupacabra? In fact we get a hero back in regards to Kyle Rayner getting rescued.

Though in fairness Pariah has made it clear that he doesn’t want anyone dead.
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-05-2022 at 10:57 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I don't believe Jon could beat Cyborg-Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In fairness it was a tie with the fight teetering in Henshaw’s favor a bit, that is until they crashed into a building, and Cyborg of the titans finished off Cyborg-Superman. Cyborg Superman was trying to keep going when Victor crushed his head.

Jon was pretty beat up by the end of that fight.
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-05-2022 at 12:30 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I think we can rule out Cybeast still being in play. If that was still the case Gar getting shot would've also affected Victor and he wouldn't have been fit to fight Cyborg Superman.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

people dont believe talia can beat deathhstroke but there it is ink

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Has anyone actually died in this event? I mean we all know the Justice League will be back clearly based on what Pariah is actually doing…but after issue 2 I got some thoughts.

Because Changeling/Beast Boy was shot in the face, but I guess he survived. And Titan Tower goes boom, but the only person who may have died is Chupacabra because he had a bomb on him. So is the only casualty of this event right now Chupacabra? In fact we get a hero back in regards to Kyle Rayner getting rescued.

Though in fairness Pariah has made it clear that he doesn’t want anyone dead.
    I just read this issue and I'm pretty sure that Bratgirl said that Nightwing saved him by removing the bomb at the last second. They don't show it but it is talked about.
    I'd like to also second just how awful the new look for Deathstroke is. What were they thinking? Let's replace his iconic helmet/mask with a tire old mohawk look and a short sleeved trenchcoat?!??!? Even the great artwork on this book can't make it look good. Imagine just how much cool that fight sequence between Nightwing and Deathstroke would have been if Slade were wearing his classic costume? Or even his more modern Rebirth version?

Joshua Williamson is ignoring Tim Sheridan's TTA and I think it's better that way. I did not like the whole Cybeast thing. What Tim did in the last issue makes no sense.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 07-05-2022 at 01:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    people dont believe talia can beat deathhstroke but there it is ink
    Jon beating Cyborg Superman is more realistic than Talia beating Deathstroke. That being said, Talia beating Deathstroke was the least of Shadow War's issues.

I can buy Jon beating Henshaw, but crashing into a building didn't seem like that would have been enough. And how was Cyborg able to just smash his head like that with his foot? I don't know if I buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Jon beating Cyborg Superman is more realistic than Talia beating Deathstroke. That being said, Talia beating Deathstroke was the least of Shadow War's issues.
    I mean, still kind of hard to believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I can buy Jon beating Henshaw, but crashing into a building didn't seem like that would have been enough. And how was Cyborg able to just smash his head like that with his foot? I don't know if I buy that.
    Really? I don't buy Jon as being ready to beat one of his dads' heavy-hitters yet.

Really? I don't buy Jon as being ready to beat one of his dads' heavy-hitters yet.
    Maybe I've seen Cyborg Superman beaten enough times by now I don't see him as being that much of a heavy-hitter. Tough, for sure, but not scary.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Maybe I've seen Cyborg Superman beaten enough times by now I don't see him as being that much of a heavy-hitter. Tough, for sure, but not scary.
    I usually see Henshaw as a more brutal version of Superman and one of his heavier-hitters, but I guess I also just don't really view Jon as being close to as powerful as his dad yet.

Extraordinary Member

I usually see Henshaw as a more brutal version of Superman and one of his heavier-hitters, but I guess I also just don't really view Jon as being close to as powerful as his dad yet.
    Why not? They under the same sun

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why not? They under the same sun
    Experience, age, temperaments, etc.