Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Personally still having fun with this and am enjoying the very real connection to Flashpoint Beyond. At this point I personally have no idea where any of this is going and maybe the discovery of what's happening is what makes it so fun for me... just sorta waiting for those big twists Williamson has promised and how things will tie into FP Beyond in future issues.

I like that Pariah doesn't want anyone dead and that story is unfolding in The Flash as the speedster search for Barry.

I'm liking how connected this cross over event is working and that makes me really excited cause some crossovers are tethered together with nothing much at all and essentially in name only. That doesn't seem to be the case here. This only makes sense with all the various pieces fit together.

I intend to read it all so I'm hoping it really pays off!

BANNED

That dialogue with Cyborg was really cringe. Titans were almost fodder in this book. Otherwise I liked reading Nightwing and Jon's fight. I feel like Williamson is trying hard to make this sound big with the dialogue and drama but ultimately felt short in scale.
    Last edited by Vishop; 07-06-2022 at 09:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I know Nightwing is one of the best fighters in the world but he just survived a bomb blast, which apparently didn’t kill Chupacabra (editorial change?), and was in really bad shape. He shouldn’t have been able to go toe to toe with Deathstroke the freaking Terminator in that condition.
    He should be outmatched by Deathstroke in pretty much any condition.

I’m so confused about the continuity in this.
    TTA’s finale is completely ignored, even though Williamson made it a point to heavily feature the kids and the main concept from it.
    And they’re also heavily ignoring the latest Green Lantern run?

I can’t say I’m mad that the Cybeast thing is being abandoned or that the meaningless deaths of so many GLs are also undone, but it seems like DC has completely given up on having a comprehensive continuity and shared universe.
    Every book has its own continuity and nothing really matters, even if they say everything does.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    If deathstroke is at a level where no mater how big strong skilled or old Grayson gets people are not satisfied with their fight why long for it so?
    I don't understand the fandom's jonesing for Deathstroke nor the publishers handling of him. Originally he was supposed to be enhanced soldier with the only truly superhuman power being his reflexes which were fast enough for him to engage Superman and WW for a short period. Suddenly he is superhuman enough in all things to take on the Titans and even the League. But then later he would occupy both that superhuman power level while also only being human like Batman and would for some reason become a Batvillain.

Fast forward to today and he is touted as "newly" superhuman but he is physically challenged by Dick Grayson.

8^o

Head... Hurts. Kirking...out...

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Basically the preview told you everything about this issue. The reveal that Cyborg Superman was Slade’s backup was blown in the preview and nothing of relevance really happened besides Titan Towers being nearly destroyed (for the umpteenth time).

The bad guys have them down but don’t finish them off because it’s all part of the larger plan. Pretty cliche.

I know Nightwing is one of the best fighters in the world but he just survived a bomb blast, which apparently didn’t kill Chupacabra (editorial change?), and was in really bad shape. He shouldn’t have been able to go toe to toe with Deathstroke the freaking Terminator in that condition.

The big reveal at the end was that the Green Lantern Corps. was there? And?

Yeah I wish Cyborg would have hacked Henshaw’s brain and shut him down or something like that. Would have been a cool tech feat instead of just stepping on him. Cyborg Superman still has Kryptonian dna so Vic really shouldn't have been able to do that.
    I thought Vic was new gods tech. Hasn't that historically been able to effect Kryptonian opponents? I seem to recall both the Mega Rod and that Blunder-something-or-other being able to KO
    Last edited by Stanlos; 07-07-2022 at 12:43 AM.

It doesn't really matter what tech who has. Historically Cyborg Superman has been a major villain and Cyborg hasn't been a major hero. It doesn't mean that Cyborg can't beat him, but that you have to build it up. If you just do "oh, and then Cyborg destroyed him, moving on" then some people will have issues with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Tough crowd. I'm enjoying Dark Crisis so far, and it's great to see a series that doesn't revolve around the trinity (Johnathan Kent) aside.

Enjoying Hal & Kyle and all the new and old heroes showing up. Just wondering where is Captain Marvel in all this?
    Huh? Isn't Shazam out of action due to events in TTA? Mary even had to be removed from the event and replaced by Kara because she currently doesn't have her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    He should be outmatched by Deathstroke in pretty much any condition.
    Yeah, Dick's just a badass normal, but Slade has a healing factor and super soldier abilities - he's basically a cross between Captain America and Wolverine (and of course has the exact same powers as Deadpool, who was originally a parody of him). There's a reason that Slade is a Titans villain, and NOT part of Dick's solo rogues gallery. It really shouldn't surprise anyone that he needed assistance from Superman.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-07-2022 at 03:28 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Why does this event have so much filler? There were like three scenes here stretched out over an entire issue.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Incredible Member

The 4 pages with Kyle, Hal, and the GLs are pretty much the only things not spoiled by interviews/previews/what-not. I hope this means Kyle is "safe", and hopefully, his role as a legacy character is recognised and expanded.

Two of those four pages were posted on Reddit on Monday, so actually, that leaked too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Two of those four pages were posted on Reddit on Monday, so actually, that leaked too.
    True. That's where I first saw them, too.

Does any team get treated worse then teh Titans.

Also no way is Black Adam leading the Justice League. Get out of here
    The J-man

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Superman and Batman are represented by Jon and Dick. Diana needs more friends or some kids.

I read the Jon vs Cyborg-Superman fight as Cyborg disabling Henshaw while he was repairing himself.

I haven't read Green Lantern so why was Kyle in a space prison station?
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Superman and Batman are represented by Jon and Dick. Diana needs more friends or some kids.

I read the Jon vs Cyborg-Superman fight as Cyborg disabling Henshaw while he was repairing himself.

I haven't read Green Lantern so why was Kyle in a space prison station?
    Early on the latest GL run (by Thorne), the Central Battery exploded, effectively depowering all GLs except Hal and Jo. At the time, Kyle was, if I remember correctly, in the Vega system, in deep space. Powerless, GLs died by the thousand. Kyle was seen suffocating in space.

Next - and last time - he appeared, Kyle was in some sort of high-tech med-unit, naked, ringless, and some assumed in a coma. That was issues and issues ago.