Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Isn't he a pedophile manipulative mass muderer for hire? Will he now drink the blood of newborns?
    Maybe he'll run for Governor of California?

Astonishing Member

Isn't he a pedophile manipulative mass muderer for hire? Will he now drink the blood of newborns?
    Yes, but certain writers and his fan base want folk to believe he's misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Can they say that Harley essentially did her time during her service with Task Force X? She might not have been redeemed, but maybe rehabilitated?
    This might make her not wanted by the police, but heroes shouldn't give her a free pass for that since Task Force X itself is shady and something that heroes should work to close down for good.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    This might make her not wanted by the police, but heroes shouldn't give her a free pass for that since Task Force X itself is shady and something that heroes should work to close down for good.
    When she was in the Suicide Squad she basically helped assassinate someone and rubbed it in Kid Flash's face after sexually harassing Wally.

Pretty much ignored. But she was only Yellow because the Green Lantern battery blew up - she still wanted to do good and having a yellow ring was her only option at that point. So once the GLC was restored, it makes sense that she'd switch back over. It just happened off-panel.
    Yeah, the annual did show that she kept the green ring. It probably re-activated when the battery was restored. In theory, she should now have a spare yellow ring, maybe she can dual wield, like Razer did with blue and red rings on the Young Justice cartoon?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, the annual did show that she kept the green ring. It probably re-activated when the battery was restored. In theory, she should now have a spare yellow ring, maybe she can dual wield, like Razer did with blue and red rings on the Young Justice cartoon?
    ...Y'know that might actually be cool.

here is the review I wrote for anyone interested.......please tell my HOW Black Adam is seen as more Trustworthy than Jon...Black Adam would be Suspect #1 in the Leagues "Death" if he were the only one to return...He would be a Suspect, NOT a Leadership Candidate.

Also...Nice introduction of that collection of "they said yes" members of the League...????

actual dialogue from a Mohawk sporting Deathstroke "You've all needed a good spanking for a long time, so i brought along some friends".......................................... .................................................. .........................I mean....bad does not cover it. That just sounds like the writer wanted to move on rather than write enjoyable dialogue. But this event IS written for anyone that has NEVER Read an Event before...based on the cliches, it is that or...

The "fight" between Deathstroke and Nightwing....a 2 page spread with an "Apollo vs Rocky" Freeze Frame with a bunch of "Wouldn't this have looked cool over 4-6 pages if we took the time to stage and panel it"...

Also, I just want to point out that after the Justice League...the next line of Defense was....The (Teen) Titans...and when I look over at Marvel and the Avengers and X-Men alone are just sitting there without having to even think...suddenly a bunch of DC issues make sense...bc after the Justice League, every Villain knows The Teen Titans are the ones to worry about next...not the Reserve Members of the Justice League whom you could have Hunted Down in coordinated strikes to really make a statement that the League is Dead....but instead they (apparently) lead attacks all over the world...including in Kandaq...because every Villain knows that pissing off Black Adam yields no consequences....and WHY would they even attack there in the 1st place?????? If this was a CALCULATED Spread Out Attack by ALL the Villains...why commit basic Domestic Terrorism if it is about putting down the Heroes????? The Plan is so good, it is un-understandable for mind reading purposes...it can't make sense else the villains would learn about it...right? And DC deserves all the cynicism and more for CONTINUING to claim the League is Dead in these books when literally NOBODY has bought that...it is just Dumb to see the Characters Acting so INCREDIBLY Stupid....also also also....SINCE WHEN IS BLACK ADAMS WORD ENOUGH TO BE TAKEN AT FACE VALUE THAT THE LEAFUE IS DEAD?!?!?!!? Black Adam would be the #1 gd suspect because he returned when they did not! That just hit me and the fact that HE is being allowed to ACT LIKE A LEADER and Hold ANY Moral High Ground over JON KENT is ASININE.
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe he'll run for Governor of California?
    Or assume the Presidency and try to dismantle every component of our Democracy from within before executing a massive disinformation campaign and leading an insurrection like his real world PeptoBismol muppet counterpart.

Not sure which of them is the most irredeemably evil but they both are.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    here is the review I wrote for anyone interested.......please tell my HOW Black Adam is seen as more Trustworthy than Jon...Black Adam would be Suspect #1 in the Leagues "Death" if he were the only one to return...He would be a Suspect, NOT a Leadership Candidate.

Also...Nice introduction of that collection of "they said yes" members of the League...????

actual dialogue from a Mohawk sporting Deathstroke "You've all needed a good spanking for a long time, so i brought along some friends".......................................... .................................................. .........................I mean....bad does not cover it. That just sounds like the writer wanted to move on rather than write enjoyable dialogue. But this event IS written for anyone that has NEVER Read an Event before...based on the cliches, it is that or...

The "fight" between Deathstroke and Nightwing....a 2 page spread with an "Apollo vs Rocky" Freeze Frame with a bunch of "Wouldn't this have looked cool over 4-6 pages if we took the time to stage and panel it"...

Also, I just want to point out that after the Justice League...the next line of Defense was....The (Teen) Titans...and when I look over at Marvel and the Avengers and X-Men alone are just sitting there without having to even think...suddenly a bunch of DC issues make sense...bc after the Justice League, every Villain knows The Teen Titans are the ones to worry about next...not the Reserve Members of the Justice League whom you could have Hunted Down in coordinated strikes to really make a statement that the League is Dead....but instead they (apparently) lead attacks all over the world...including in Kandaq...because every Villain knows that pissing off Black Adam yields no consequences....and WHY would they even attack there in the 1st place?????? If this was a CALCULATED Spread Out Attack by ALL the Villains...why commit basic Domestic Terrorism if it is about putting down the Heroes????? The Plan is so good, it is un-understandable for mind reading purposes...it can't make sense else the villains would learn about it...right? And DC deserves all the cynicism and more for CONTINUING to claim the League is Dead in these books when literally NOBODY has bought that...it is just Dumb to see the Characters Acting so INCREDIBLY Stupid....also also also....SINCE WHEN IS BLACK ADAMS WORD ENOUGH TO BE TAKEN AT FACE VALUE THAT THE LEAFUE IS DEAD?!?!?!!? Black Adam would be the #1 gd suspect because he returned when they did not! That just hit me and the fact that HE is being allowed to ACT LIKE A LEADER and Hold ANY Moral High Ground over JON KENT is ASININE.
    "Hey, the Justice League's dead"
    "What do we do now?"
    "Let's go piss off Black Adam"
    "Yeah great idea"

I guess everyone forgot what happened during Trinity War/Forever Evil cuz of time compression.
    "Cable was right!"

Or assume the Presidency and try to dismantle every component of our Democracy from within before executing a massive disinformation campaign and leading an insurrection like his real world PeptoBismol muppet counterpart.

Not sure which of them is the most irredeemably evil but they both are.
    Black Adam can't run for President of the United States unless the law is different in the DC Universe.

He wasn't born an American citizen.
    (Has he even declared himself an American citizen at any time?)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Black Adam can't run for President of the United States unless the law is different in the DC Universe.

He wasn't born an American citizen.
    (Has he even declared himself an American citizen at any time?)
    Lex luthor has committed treason and did it

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Lex luthor has committed treason and did it
    That wasn't him. It was a clone.

The Devil vouched for him.
    "Cable was right!"

-- Such a waste of Cyborg Superman. He's becoming the Junkyard Dog of DC until someone decides to remind us he's supposed to be a real threat.
    Henshaw's my favorite villain and, unlike a whole host of big bads in events, he actually succeeded in a horrific massacre of innocent civilians. Events of the more modern era go for superhero death, but this guy orchestrated the leveling of an entire city of non-powered people...I think it sucks that he's been relegated since then to sidekick/backup/guest villain status instead of the threat he started out as. I think if the Death/Reign/Return was told today, it would be an event series & not contained to just the regular super-titles...and then Henshaw would probably have his rightful status as an "event villain" instead of "another evil Superman".

Anyway, sorry to ramble. Jon should not have beaten Henshaw on his own, yet. I actually thought that would be a good moment to introduce a surprise hero to help him (I actually assumed this would be where Yara changed her mind), but hey - Vic can squash Kryptonian DNA under his foot now, so that's a thing. Clark should have thought of that over the years.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Henshaw's my favorite villain and, unlike a whole host of big bads in events, he actually succeeded in a horrific massacre of innocent civilians. Events of the more modern era go for superhero death, but this guy orchestrated the leveling of an entire city of non-powered people...I think it sucks that he's been relegated since then to sidekick/backup/guest villain status instead of the threat he started out as. I think if the Death/Reign/Return was told today, it would be an event series & not contained to just the regular super-titles...and then Henshaw would probably have his rightful status as an "event villain" instead of "another evil Superman".

Anyway, sorry to ramble. Jon should not have beaten Henshaw on his own, yet. I actually thought that would be a good moment to introduce a surprise hero to help him (I actually assumed this would be where Yara changed her mind), but hey - Vic can squash Kryptonian DNA under his foot now, so that's a thing. Clark should have thought of that over the years.

Henshaw is way better than how DC treats him, just to prop up jon ugh
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I mean Harley’s current ongoing is all about her turning her life around to be a hero, make up for her mistakes, help others, and all while working under the eye of Batman himself. And by that I mean he literally knows where she lives and comes and goes when he needs to.

No one completely trusts her and she’s pretty much immediately arrested in the current arc because someone was pretending to be her and set her up for their crimes, with the cops not truly caring because it’s Harley but effectively she now works for the Bat-family while running a bit of a support/therapy group for retired henchmen/criminals.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.