Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Experience, age, temperaments, etc.
    thats all the stuff that holds supergirl back in most peoples eyes

This issue was ok. I don't hate or love this series. It is not the worse Crisis or close to the best. It is just kind of there so far. Hope it picks up soon.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    thats all the stuff that holds supergirl back in most peoples eyes
    Isn't that more in-universe than outside of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    This issue was ok. I don't hate or love this series. It is not the worse Crisis or close to the best. It is just kind of there so far. Hope it picks up soon.
    Yeah, to me it's just been boring so far. Williamson hasn't been able to draw out any real drama from the situation he's set up - and there are some really dramatic situations!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah, to me it's just been boring so far. Williamson hasn't been able to draw out any real drama from the situation he's set up - and there are some really dramatic situations!
    Yeah I can't put my finger on whats missing. But then again, I didn't like the majority of his Flash run either so maybe Williamsons just not for me.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    It's essentially been a slight improvement over The Death of the JL: very pretty art with very little substance.

Williamson whiffed on power levels again
    The story is very cinematic and easy to read though so people will love the drama and forgive the nonsense

I thought the Deathstroke/Nightwing fight was fine, but I wanted to see more of what everyone else was doing. Glad Kyle is back. He was always one of my faves

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

This is so damn boring.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Williamson whiffed on power levels again
    The story is very cinematic and easy to read though so people will love the drama and forgive the nonsense
    If deathstroke is at a level where no mater how big strong skilled or old Grayson gets people are not satisfied with their fight why long for it so?

Basically the preview told you everything about this issue. The reveal that Cyborg Superman was Slade’s backup was blown in the preview and nothing of relevance really happened besides Titan Towers being nearly destroyed (for the umpteenth time).

The bad guys have them down but don’t finish them off because it’s all part of the larger plan. Pretty cliche.

I know Nightwing is one of the best fighters in the world but he just survived a bomb blast, which apparently didn’t kill Chupacabra (editorial change?), and was in really bad shape. He shouldn’t have been able to go toe to toe with Deathstroke the freaking Terminator in that condition.

The big reveal at the end was that the Green Lantern Corps. was there? And?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I can buy Jon beating Henshaw, but crashing into a building didn't seem like that would have been enough. And how was Cyborg able to just smash his head like that with his foot? I don't know if I buy that.
    Yeah I wish Cyborg would have hacked Henshaw’s brain and shut him down or something like that. Would have been a cool tech feat instead of just stepping on him. Cyborg Superman still has Kryptonian dna so Vic really shouldn't have been able to do that.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-06-2022 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Basically the preview told you everything about this issue. The reveal that Cyborg Superman was Slade’s backup was blown in the preview and nothing of relevance really happened besides Titan Towers being nearly destroyed (for the umpteenth time).

The bad guys have them down but don’t finish them off because it’s all part of the larger plan. Pretty cliche.

I know Nightwing is one of the best fighters in the world but he just survived a bomb blast, which apparently didn’t kill Chupacabra (editorial change?), and was in really bad shape. He shouldn’t have been able to go toe to toe with Deathstroke the freaking Terminator in that condition.

The big reveal at the end was that the Green Lantern Corps. was there? And?

Yeah I wish Cyborg would have hacked Henshaw’s brain and shut him down or something like that. Would have been a cool tech feat instead of just stepping on him. Cyborg Superman still has Kryptonian dna so Vic really shouldn't have been able to do that.
    I mean Cyborg is still basically upgraded with New God stuff from his Justice League days right?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean Cyborg is still basically upgraded with New God stuff from his Justice League days right?
    Probably "Depending on the writer."

Incredible Member

Excited by the return of Kyle Rayner, after his status was left indeterminate. The whole Green Lantern series made it seem like no one cared about Guy or Kyle, which is a weird look.

I found this second issue to be better paced. Pariah is still an underbaked villain whose plot and motivations are meaningless.
    Deathstroke vs Nightwing worked, but that is more cause of their history than anything unique that Williamson did.

Overall, this feels like it would be better as a Titans event or a Green Lantern event, than as a Crisis level event.

Tough crowd. I'm enjoying Dark Crisis so far, and it's great to see a series that doesn't revolve around the trinity (Johnathan Kent) aside.

Enjoying Hal & Kyle and all the new and old heroes showing up. Just wondering where is Captain Marvel in all this?