Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

I mean jimminez could push out 2 issues of batman a month, and 7 months for an event is way too long

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Still, unless you build in plenty of lead time, you're going to need more than one artist (unless you're talking about a Rob Liefeld-type).
    DC managed to get 5 Finch issues in the can for Batman Rebirth that were released twice a month. I'm not sure what is "plenty", but it surely can be done.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

This does feel like a slow event with the lack of tie ins at the start and the monthly schedule, but I'd rather the artist have time to perfect his art then get a rushed out storyline with multiple artists. It'll read better in trade with one artist doing it all in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    Oh, the reason i stopped by.

So A+X+E is launched on Wed...and (not accounting for inevitable delays) it is scheduled to be over by the end of October...with an Omega issue to wrap it up in November...This is an Event that Involves The X-Men, Avengers, and Eternals...and it will take 13-16 weeks...

Meanwhile...this is Issue #2 of Dark Crisis, which has been building for how long? about a year (tbf, the 12 issue Eternals series was building to AXE but it did not reveal that until the final issue) and it will end in December...

The Official Checklist is larger with A+X+E by a 1.5 margin. Dark Crisis has 23 issues listed. A+X+E has 37 issues listed. Minus each Event the "regular series" they are co-opting...Dark Crisis only did so for 3 Flash comics...so it has 20 issues remaining. A+X+E has 16 A.X.E branded issues BUT 3 additional Immortal X-Men issues are written by the same writer and should be included....so the BLOAT could be strong with A.X.E when compared to DC (smh that the events name compacts to that...when no other Mainline crisis had used D.C. before...it seriously just adds to the bitterness to me)

I just find this interesting...you have 1 company going all in with the X-Men and Avengers for 3 months with this event...then you have DC taking 7-8 months with zero real "crossover" in the series (which is always dependent on whether the Writer willingly attached their series or if they were forced...)...

However, you also have Joshua Williamson vs Kieron Gillen...and based on the Bibliographies...this is not a fair fight...and realizing feels like it was the point of this post for me lol.
    I don't think it has anything to do with DC not going all in. Death Metal was monthly as well and had 24 issues with tie-ins and specials. It wasn't that different for Metal either.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    Oh, the reason i stopped by.

So A+X+E is launched on Wed...and (not accounting for inevitable delays) it is scheduled to be over by the end of October...with an Omega issue to wrap it up in November...This is an Event that Involves The X-Men, Avengers, and Eternals...and it will take 13-16 weeks...

Meanwhile...this is Issue #2 of Dark Crisis, which has been building for how long? about a year (tbf, the 12 issue Eternals series was building to AXE but it did not reveal that until the final issue) and it will end in December...

The Official Checklist is larger with A+X+E by a 1.5 margin. Dark Crisis has 23 issues listed. A+X+E has 37 issues listed. Minus each Event the "regular series" they are co-opting...Dark Crisis only did so for 3 Flash comics...so it has 20 issues remaining. A+X+E has 16 A.X.E branded issues BUT 3 additional Immortal X-Men issues are written by the same writer and should be included....so the BLOAT could be strong with A.X.E when compared to DC (smh that the events name compacts to that...when no other Mainline crisis had used D.C. before...it seriously just adds to the bitterness to me)

I just find this interesting...you have 1 company going all in with the X-Men and Avengers for 3 months with this event...then you have DC taking 7-8 months with zero real "crossover" in the series (which is always dependent on whether the Writer willingly attached their series or if they were forced...)...

However, you also have Joshua Williamson vs Kieron Gillen...and based on the Bibliographies...this is not a fair fight...and realizing feels like it was the point of this post for me lol.
    Big difference for me is that I’m interested in seeing some of my favorite heroes in Dark Crisis fight Pariah, the great darkness, the dark army, and Slade with his secret society of villains more then I am seeing the X-men fight the Avengers again but with the Eternals getting mixed in.

Sorry to say I’m not to entirely enthusiastic when I see art from Marvel about characters I like killing other characters I like, such as Captain Marvel in the FCBD just casually snapping Rogue’s neck. Even if mutants can be resurrected, I don’t care because that was the part of marvel from Civil War 2 that made me upset and stop reading Marvel. I’ve picked some back up but not as much.

So yeah I’ll take my drawn out crisis shenanigans thank you very much.
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-19-2022 at 09:39 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.