Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Knights of X ending with issue #5 BUT...

You’re all loving the book and I’m loving that you’re loving it. I know some people are upset about not seeing a continuation in PREVIEWS, and I get it! This industry is crazy and no one tells anyone anything!

So I’ll tell you - Knights #5 is the last issue of that book, but we’re not done. We’re about to take Betsy on maybe her greatest ride yet, and some very special people close to her are coming along too - but to do it the way we wanted involved a big ol’ exciting pivot. Our Captain Britain isn’t going away, and I’m not done telling stories with her, and thankfully…Betsy and I seem to be permitted to still do so. We’re happy about it, thanks for coming. Sorry for the stress. Issue #4 is big, you’ll love it, and Bob just turned in what might be the Spread of his Career for issue #5. We love this book.
    I mean she's been given plenty of opportunities and although I appreciated her perspective I dont think she ever executed it well.

But it looks like she'll still have a hold of Betsy which I am not pleased with at all.

Its time for someone else to get the chance to write her.

Hopefully she completes the story she wanted to tell.

Uuuugh. Worst time to be a Betsy stan since New Exiles.

Don't see why they couldn't have just finished out Excalibur to have a nice 30-issue series with a double-sized finale (could cut out some of the new book set up from issue one of KoX too) instead of a 26-issue series and a weird 5-issue follow up that will feel weird in collections.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Uuuugh. Worst time to be a Betsy stan since New Exiles.
    Really? It's not like she's assassinating the character, she's just not doing that much particularly exciting. At least she gets to consistently lead books and do things.

wonder whats going to happen with Gambit and his whole dying in otherworld problem
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    wonder whats going to happen with Gambit and his whole dying in otherworld problem
    Here's hoping it is resolved by the end of Knights of X( so two more issues, yay) and he is back to normal by the end of it. And here's really, really, really hoping Howard lets Gambit go so another writer can use him and he doesn't follow poor Betsy into whatever Howard is writing next.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I just wish they would have kept all this still in Excalibur and kept it going instead of this faux title change.

I just wish we explored each part of Otherworld a bit more and explore all of the crap we had to go through in X of Swords.

Maybe a Sourcebook or something
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 07-05-2022 at 07:17 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I mean she's been given plenty of opportunities and although I appreciated her perspective I dont think she ever executed it well.

But it looks like she'll still have a hold of Betsy which I am not pleased with at all.

Its time for someone else to get the chance to write her.

Hopefully she completes the story she wanted to tell.
    where does she say this?

We lost. Free her!

Incredible Member

Will she keep the custody of Rictor?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Don't see why they couldn't have just finished out Excalibur to have a nice 30-issue series with a double-sized finale (could cut out some of the new book set up from issue one of KoX too) instead of a 26-issue series and a weird 5-issue follow up that will feel weird in collections.

Really? It's not like she's assassinating the character, she's just not doing that much particularly exciting. At least she gets to consistently lead books and do things.
    This is how I feel. The characterization has been severely lacking but I'm glad Betsy has had a leading role when she could have easily gotten lost in the crowd of Krakoa. Howard made improvements from Excalibur to KoX (I've seen a few posters over the last few days say they're enjoying it) so fingers crossed we get more improvements. I'm open!

I wonder if some of the "very special people close to her" will include the recent S.T.R.I.K.E. resurrectees.
    Last edited by JB; 07-05-2022 at 07:48 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Most likely Seige Perilous. The item they are looking for will play a part. Just really hoping it’s not a resurrection protocol revive

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Most likely Seige Perilous. The item they are looking for will play a part. Just really hoping it’s not a resurrection protocol revive
    I'm still holding out hope that Gambit is brought back in his award-winning Gala outfit.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This is how I feel. The characterization has been severely lacking but I'm glad Betsy has had a leading role when she could have easily gotten lost in the crowd of Krakoa. Howard made improvements from Excalibur to KoX (I've seen a few posters over the last few days say they're enjoying it) so fingers crossed we get more improvements. I'm open!

I wonder if some of the "very special people close to her" will include the recent S.T.R.I.K.E. resurrectees.
    KOX has definitely been an improvement for me over Excalibur, so this isn’t a “hurray it’s over!” moment for me personally. That being said, it is odd to just keep rebooting a series with slight changes in direction.

I do think you’re onto something with S.T.R.I.K.E. though. The original series didn’t resolve the UK political drama aspects and now that we know that KOX is a mini, it’s definitely not being addressed there. I could see one last mini- to go back to the Akkabba, Pete Wisdom, S.T.R.I.K.E., plots threads.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

probably rachel

BANNED

I like Betsy, (Psylocke Betsy, anyway lol), but she is approaching Carol Danvers levels of relaunch at this point. Maybe see what a different writer can do with her, rather than relaunching the same one again.