Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

It’s the dialogue, the way she sequences her issues and pacing.

She’s trusting the reader to understand what she’s putting down but sometimes she leaves out things that should be on panel.

I’m just not understanding why one writer gets to hold onto a character for this long.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    It’s the dialogue, the way she sequences her issues and pacing.

She’s trusting the reader to understand what she’s putting down but sometimes she leaves out things that should be on panel.

I’m just not understanding why one writer gets to hold onto a character for this long.
    I don't mind if it's being done well....but it's not lol

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

I wonder what will become of Shogo? There was obviously a reason why he was taken from Jubilee… and will this negatively affect Jubilee’s run in X-Terminators? Maybe this is why that series was pushed back to September instead of July? I honestly hope this doesn’t mean he is taken from her for good. ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    wonder whats going to happen with Gambit and his whole dying in otherworld problem
    I wonder if he really died or maybe his personality will change and e.g he’ll be turned into death again

I think that’s why knights are looking for that mirror or something because it might help mutants fix issues with deaths in the otherworld

Not happy about this. I thought this series was better than the last run (even if I prefer the Excalibur name) and there was still a lot of potential to explore.
    It looks like we’re getting another 5 issue series, which for me isn’t really enough to live up to the potential of Otherworld.

I'm glad that Howard is getting to finish her story, and I'm guessing the series-of-miniseries approach is because a new #1 issue always offers a sales bump (though I don't know how well that will work the third time running for the same writer and story). Gotta say, though, Howard and Spurrier wouldn't be my top picks to keep getting relaunch after relaunch. I've liked their work elsewhere, but Spurrier especially isn't doing it for me on X-Men this time around.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I was actually, for the first time ever, interested in the Otherworld stories. Sad we are done :-(
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I'd like Excalibur to return with a different creative team.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I do think you’re onto something with S.T.R.I.K.E. though. The original series didn’t resolve the UK political drama aspects and now that we know that KOX is a mini, it’s definitely not being addressed there. I could see one last mini- to go back to the Akkabba, Pete Wisdom, S.T.R.I.K.E., plots threads.
    Yeah, I concur with this as well.
    Since Knights of X is addressing the Otherworld threads of Excalibur's ending, this next series will probably tackle the fallout in Britain - Coven Akkaba, the New Excalibur, Braddock Isle, the 'Druids', S.T.R.I.K.E. Psi Division.
    It'll probably be called 'Captain Britain and the Agents of S.T.R.I.K.E.' or something like that.

Possible cast members:
    Captain Britain
    Rictor (a member of the 'Druids')
    Rachel Grey-Summers (I expect her and Betsy to be involved by this point)
    Peter Wisdom (romantic rival for Betsy)
    Albedo (S.T.R.I.K.E. Psi Division)
    Ghast (S.T.R.I.K.E. Psi Division)
    Rubedo (S.T.R.I.K.E. Psi Division)
    Xanth (S.T.R.I.K.E. Psi Division)
    Malice

Not a lot of big names though - maybe Rogue and Gambit end up here as well.

Fantastic Member

I guess Gambit never really had 'plans' for staying with Excalibur after all

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I mean she's been given plenty of opportunities and although I appreciated her perspective I dont think she ever executed it well.

But it looks like she'll still have a hold of Betsy which I am not pleased with at all.

Its time for someone else to get the chance to write her.

Hopefully she completes the story she wanted to tell.
    I think KOX has been benefitting from a narrower focus and has so far had mostly enjoyable issues, but yeah I was actually looking forward to another writer's take on this cast. Oh well, if KOX only lasted 5 issues, I can't imagine whatever comes next lasting much longer anyway.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm glad that Howard is getting to finish her story, and I'm guessing the series-of-miniseries approach is because a new #1 issue always offers a sales bump (though I don't know how well that will work the third time running for the same writer and story). Gotta say, though, Howard and Spurrier wouldn't be my top picks to keep getting relaunch after relaunch. I've liked their work elsewhere, but Spurrier especially isn't doing it for me on X-Men this time around.
    I'm on the same boat. I actually think Spurrier is a superior writer to Howard in general, but I haven't really been feeling his Way of X and Legion of X. Fortunately the market has a way of phasing out books anyway and there's only so many relaunches with the same writer Marvel will attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Uuuugh. Worst time to be a Betsy stan since New Exiles.
    NE did give us Ogun trained Betts, so I don't hate it as much...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Incredible Member

Betsy’s new adventure will be called The Broken Sword.

I’m a powerful seer

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I do think you’re onto something with S.T.R.I.K.E. though. The original series didn’t resolve the UK political drama aspects and now that we know that KOX is a mini, it’s definitely not being addressed there. I could see one last mini- to go back to the Akkabba, Pete Wisdom, S.T.R.I.K.E., plots threads.
    Yeah I think that's where this is going next, to resolve relations between Krakoa and the UK (or make them worse).

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    I wonder what will become of Shogo? There was obviously a reason why he was taken from Jubilee… and will this negatively affect Jubilee’s run in X-Terminators? Maybe this is why that series was pushed back to September instead of July? I honestly hope this doesn’t mean he is taken from her for good. ☹️
    Perhaps Shogo being forced to witness Gambit's death will have him somehow play a role in Remy's return and that'll be the end of the "journey" for both of them. I have a feeling he'll be back with Jubilee on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    And we have LaValle about to launch a new act for his Sabretooth story so maybe this is something the X-Office is trying out, these series of connected acts. It's not what I would do but you know Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I was actually, for the first time ever, interested in the Otherworld stories. Sad we are done :-(
    Hopefully when the Knights liberate Otherworld it becomes a frequently used location by other writers. We have the Sunfire quest for Redroot coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Yeah, I concur with this as well.
    Since Knights of X is addressing the Otherworld threads of Excalibur's ending, this next series will probably tackle the fallout in Britain - Coven Akkaba, the New Excalibur, Braddock Isle, the 'Druids', S.T.R.I.K.E. Psi Division.
    It'll probably be called 'Captain Britain and the Agents of S.T.R.I.K.E.' or something like that.

Possible cast members:
    Captain Britain
    Rictor (a member of the 'Druids')
    Rachel Grey-Summers (I expect her and Betsy to be involved by this point)
    Peter Wisdom (romantic rival for Betsy)
    Albedo (S.T.R.I.K.E. Psi Division)
    Ghast (S.T.R.I.K.E. Psi Division)
    Rubedo (S.T.R.I.K.E. Psi Division)
    Xanth (S.T.R.I.K.E. Psi Division)
    Malice

Not a lot of big names though - maybe Rogue and Gambit end up here as well.
    I like this. I'd like to see Betsy, the Braddocks and S.T.R.I.K.E. featured in the new book. I mean, Maggie is gold. The Knights will likely be disbanded but I'd want Rachel and of course Rictor to stay. Howard planted the Mercator seed a long time ago so hopefully the Askani/"Bright lady of flame" seed will bear fruit next.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!