Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I really want to support Steve but nothing about the book (aside from the Annual) has been that interesting to me. And the art doesn't do any favors either. Hopefully this picks up. Great cast and writer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    This title really needs better art.
    This cartoon-style doesn't fit the story told.
    I genuinely feel like with a better artist this book would be better received, I can't say that I'm invested personally! But I think what Orlando is digging at is an interesting story to tell, which unfortunately going to be readily forgotten because nothing about the current art plays to his strengths. In fact, this art highlights imo a ton of problems with the series, we should be having a lot more fun with this title. But the art, sucks a lot of life out of the characters, story, and themes.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Hard disagree with all of y’all. Carlini is great.

Just not for this book, the current art is hectic, rushed, and distracting in all the wrong ways!

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Hellion isn't the name being dropped. But I can drop this book's name off my pull list until he shows up.
    STOP! PLEASE! Must every thread get spammed with you feeling the need to mention Hellion? I can’t be the only one who finds this irritating in almost every thread!

On topic.. So… Nemesis? As in Holocaust? I don’t recall a 616 version of him outside of Stryfe’s Strike File.

Astonishing Member

I’m not really following this….was there any payoff to the entire mutants existing before life itself on earth did and immediately got oppressed by the angry space bird people?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Perhaps this will be the book those who will themselves through the waiting room may end up in? There could be alternate mutants there now able to make it out on their own so many first apperances to the 616. I could see 616 due to what wanda did becoming an overall safe haven for multi dimensional mutants who never recovered from m day in their reality. Actually it could be an interesting premise, the 616 now being the only safe reality for mutants which would make eventually powers of x dominio make more sense because then they become a constant in all realities if i'm remember how that is suppose to work right.
    This would have been a much better pitch for this book if they were never going to be a traditional rescue team. Perhaps even going on missions to find the DNA of mutants across space and time now that the Waiting Room has their backups. Cause child… they certainly aren’t doing a good job considering all the mutants that Orchis is apparently snatching up.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    STOP! PLEASE! Must every thread get spammed with you feeling the need to mention Hellion? I can’t be the only one who finds this irritating in almost every thread!

On topic.. So… Nemesis? As in Holocaust? I don’t recall a 616 version of him outside of Stryfe’s Strike File.
    I love the character Hellion as well and think Rift is a nice and sympathetic person, but I do get what you meant. It was fun at first, but becomes 'on repeat' at this point.

I do think he's talking about Holocaust as well. Curious about that as well.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Incredible Member

I for one look to Rift daily unrelated hellion post, I find them funny and endearing. There is an ignore option.

As for this book I just don't understand all this Shiar and Cassandra arc, It has nothing to do with the premise of the team.
    And when are we going to see Bishop's Academy?

So the Shi'ar Empire is six billion years old?! That's too much, even the Skrull Empire is only ten millions years old, and the Kree Empire is only one million years old... If the Shi'ar Empire is six billions years old, that means that they have remained stagnant for an insane amount of time... I mean, I don't think a species with intelligence lower than a human being could build interstellar ships, and current Shi'ar don't look any smarter than humans... so they have remained roughly the same for billions of years...

Also: If the Marauders are going to jump back to 2,000,000,000 year ago, aren't they going to risk obliterating every mutant that has existed since then?! (I won't mention humans, since I don't think they care...); I mean, the bacteria from their bodies, clothes and shoes are enough to turn Earth's evolutionary history upside down!
    Last edited by Habis; 07-06-2022 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    So the Shi'ar Empire is six billion years old?! That's too much, even the Skrull Empire is only ten millions years old, and the Kree Empire is only one million years old... If the Shi'ar Empire is six billions years old, that means that they have remained stagnant for an insane amount of time... I mean, I don't think a species with intelligence lower than a human being could build interstellar ships, and current Shi'ar don't look any smarter than humans... so they have remained roughly the same for billions of years...
    Time could also be a matter of perspective in the story. If they travelled light years away via mutant circuit couldn't 100 years ago on earth technically be 6 billions years ago depending on hard far away you travel. Like lila could just jump them back and it's sort of like they "travelled through time" so 6 billion years in terms of maybe the entire universe not the existence of the sol system?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Probably meant Genocide?

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Willi...on_(Earth-616)

The AoA Holocaust was killed by a Hyperion in Exiles.
    That Holocaust from the Stryfe files is a completely unknown? mutant who never made an appearance

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Probably meant Genocide?

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Willi...on_(Earth-616)

The AoA Holocaust was killed by a Hyperion in Exiles.
    That Holocaust from the Stryfe files is a completely unknown? mutant who never made an appearance
    That was during the time where I wasn’t reading. Genocide is 616 Holocaust?

Random thought… if Bishop is allowed to be resurrected, is there a reason Trevor Fitzroy wouldn’t? They come from the same time period.. I’d love to see him and Emma go at it.

I’m still waiting for Malcolm and Randall… Bishop’s teammates were created to die so he could join the X-men.
    Last edited by Thundershot; 07-06-2022 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

Just not for this book, the current art is hectic, rushed, and distracting in all the wrong ways!
    Again, hard disagree. Carlini is a perfect fit for this book. She’s fun, kinetic, and emotive; all perfect for the popcorn space opera vibe Orlando is going for. Her art has personality, which if I am being honest is lacking in most X-artists that aren’t, say, Rod Reis.

STOP! PLEASE! Must every thread get spammed with you feeling the need to mention Hellion?
    Absolutely, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Huh, y'know, we've all been talking about the Redroot rescue mission maybe happening in Duggan's X-Men title, or X-Men Red, or Knights of X or its follow-up.

It completely slipped my mind that this book would probably be the MOST logical place for that storyline to happen, given its whole mission statement.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I really wanted to like and enjoy this book. Alas!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Huh, y'know, we've all been talking about the Redroot rescue mission maybe happening in Duggan's X-Men title, or X-Men Red, or Knights of X or its follow-up.

It completely slipped my mind that this book would probably be the MOST logical place for that storyline to happen, given its whole mission statement.
    Not to mention Sabretooth and it’s revelations on the apparent **** ton of mutants they have in Orchis’ prisons!