Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Time could also be a matter of perspective in the story. If they travelled light years away via mutant circuit couldn't 100 years ago on earth technically be 6 billions years ago depending on hard far away you travel. Like lila could just jump them back and it's sort of like they "travelled through time" so 6 billion years in terms of maybe the entire universe not the existence of the sol system?
    ….okay, so wait you are arguing about the travel of light across the stars, but A) the Shi’ar clearly have FTL and have given no signs they track time differently than humans, B) If the messages were Kate sending stuff from other parts of the universe that still couldn’t have occurred from traveling far away right now because those messages would reach Earth in the future not the past

I just…..I’m not going to lie Jwatson this makes no sense because that’s not how the travel of light through the universe works

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Not to mention Sabretooth and it’s revelations on the apparent Fuck ton of mutants they have in Orchis’ prisons!
    Maybe that is where Rusty Collins, Beautiful Dreamer, Phantazia and Fatale have been!

….okay, so wait you are arguing about the travel of light across the stars, but A) the Shi’ar clearly have FTL and have given no signs they track time differently than humans, B) If the messages were Kate sending stuff from other parts of the universe that still couldn’t have occurred from traveling far away right now because those messages would reach Earth in the future not the past

I just…..I’m not going to lie Jwatson this makes no sense because that’s not how the travel of light through the universe works
    lol this wasn't an argument. it was an idea on how it could be possible in a world of fictional physics. i'm kind of i don't know surprised you would think a person would think there are mutant circuits in the real world travelling to the center of the big bang via their powers and mutant boosting gummi juice.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    lol this wasn't an argument. it was an idea on how it could be possible in a world of fictional physics. i'm kind of i don't know surprised you would think a person would think there are mutant circuits in the real world travelling to the center of the big bang via their powers and mutant boosting gummi juice.
    Well to address your original point, the idea of relative time due to the travel of light doesn't work in a universe with FTL.

Not to mention Sabretooth and it’s revelations on the apparent Fuck ton of mutants they have in Orchis’ prisons!
    I thought the original premise was to rescue mutants that want to make it to Krakoa but are held back by their nations, but who knows anymore!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I thought the original premise was to rescue mutants that want to make it to Krakoa but are held back by their nations, but who knows anymore!
    TBF even Duggan couldn't stick to that premise for more than...five? ten issues? I geniunely can't remember because I want to forget everything ever written involving the Hellfire brats and their particular brand of stupidity.

TBF even Duggan couldn't stick to that premise for more than...five? ten issues? I geniunely can't remember because I want to forget everything ever written involving the Hellfire brats and their particular brand of stupidity.
    Ehhh but the original Marauders was always supposed to be Hellfire Gala politics/ Trading Company with the added benefit of rescuing mutants. In all the interviews and even in the annual issue they made it seem like this new volume was specifically made to focus in on the mutant rescue aspect that had been neglected. So weird that only after the fact in an interview Orlando is like, "but what does rescue really mean for mutants?" Child... the way I'd be pissed if I was a mutant in a country that hates me or imprisoned by Orchis and these bozos were like, "how do we reinvent what it means to rescue mutants."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Ehhh but the original Marauders was always supposed to be Hellfire Gala politics/ Trading Company with the added benefit of rescuing mutants. In all the interviews and even in the annual issue they made it seem like this new volume was specifically made to focus in on the mutant rescue aspect that had been neglected. So weird that only after the fact in an interview Orlando is like, "but what does rescue really mean for mutants?" Child... the way I'd be pissed if I was a mutant in a country that hates me or imprisoned by Orchis and these bozos were like, "how do we reinvent what it means to rescue mutants."
    Clearly it means pursuing mutants who were imprisoned before life existed on earth! Which given how this started, I’m pretty sure those mutants are going to be Kate and crew who time-travelled or something and it’s going to turn out that Kitty Pryde is the ancestress of all mutants or something like that.

I just cannot take that plot point seriously. It’s either time travel or breaking the universe.

Edit: but fair price on the original run, I’ve just done my best to forget that and anything related at all to the Hellfire brats

Clearly it means pursuing mutants who were imprisoned before life existed on earth! Which given how this started, I’m pretty sure those mutants are going to be Kate and crew who time-travelled or something and it’s going to turn out that Kitty Pryde is the ancestress of all mutants or something like that.
    All life on Earth is descended from the Progenitor Celestial's pus and vomit... except for Mutants, who are descended from the dump Kate took in the primitive ocean while time traveling 2,000,000,000 years ago...

Xavier: "...We are totally going to censor that. Mutants were born from the divine blood of the Phoenix... yeah, that sounds better... write it down!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    All life on Earth is descended from the Progenitor Celestial's pus and vomit... except for Mutants, who are descended from the dump Kate took in the primitive ocean while time traveling 2,000,000,000 years ago...

Xavier: "...We are totally going to censor that. Mutants were born from the divine blood of the Phoenix... yeah, that sounds better... write it down!"
    I sincerely hope that is not what the Shi’ar are holding hostage