Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Is the general discussion for this issue happening in another thread because 13 or so replies for an Amazing Spider-Man issue seems really, really bad. Even when Spencer's story was not that great, the discussions were a lot more populated.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Is the general discussion for this issue happening in another thread because 13 or so replies for an Amazing Spider-Man issue seems really, really bad. Even when Spencer's story was not that great, the discussions were a lot more populated.
    probably the preview thread but what else is there to say that hasnt been said.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    probably the preview thread but what else is there to say that hasnt been said.
    Also the preview page will have more because of it having a week to talk about it and other things, but not much said after the issue came out

Astonishing Member

IMO the issue tied up the Tombstone arc pretty neatly and nothing moved on the mystery box front, so there's really not much left to talk about except whether you liked the story or you didn't. And people tend to be more vocal about things they don't like, so this is probably an indication the issue was well received.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    IMO the issue tied up the Tombstone arc pretty neatly and nothing moved on the mystery box front, so there's really not much left to talk about except whether you liked the story or you didn't. And people tend to be more vocal about things they don't like, so this is probably an indication the issue was well received.
    In the forum, mixed and a lot of conerners of the internet the same, they were okay with the arc and hated everything else and nothing hyped for 900 and not excited where things stand or will stand until a direction change

https://twitter.com/JrRomita/status/...aLUmWkAhTkAFIA

Looks like someone is getting ready for a return

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    https://twitter.com/JrRomita/status/...aLUmWkAhTkAFIA

Looks like someone is getting ready for a return
    Does anyone see what he's drawing?

Edit: NVM, I just read the comments.

This....honestly felt like Spider-Man. The way Peter got back at Tombstone was pretty genius. And as a bonus, he threatened to do what Tombstone from Spectacular wanted him to do.

Also, Tombstone told Spider-Man almost the exact same thing he told Peter back in the first issue...that he was weird. I wonder if he's going to put two and two together because of that.

Also.....that's a pretty fucking gnarly bruise on peter's face....

BANNED

Incredible Member

The only thing I enjoyed about this first arc was Tombstone finally doing something that doesn't make him just another C list enemy or a joke. Otherwise, I am extremely tired of comics pulling the months/years later gap and then prolonging the reveal of what happened in that time. I don't care what the hell the first pages or issue 1 were about or whatever mistake Peter made that caused some sort of explosion or crater. The reveal will be underwhelming the longer it goes on. And as far as MJ and Peter's relationship status with any woman in general - I also simply no longer care. I've been reading since 1992 or 1993 and all i want at this point are good Peter/Spider-Man stories. The relationship aspect has become so boring and repetitive since OMD that I would prefer not to read any aspect of it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Ah, but we've seen MJ's capable of feats similar to Felicia per Jed's Beyond tie-in
    Well, with some help .

BANNED

The relationship aspect has become so boring and repetitive since OMD that I would prefer not to read any aspect of it anymore.
    Tough, because without it, Spider-Man is pretty rudderless, and sometimes, not always, a lack of it can make the book predictable, stale and boring in it's own right.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 07-09-2022 at 09:27 AM.

Astonishing Member

The only thing I enjoyed about this first arc was Tombstone finally doing something that doesn't make him just another C list enemy or a joke. Otherwise, I am extremely tired of comics pulling the months/years later gap and then prolonging the reveal of what happened in that time. I don't care what the hell the first pages or issue 1 were about or whatever mistake Peter made that caused some sort of explosion or crater. The reveal will be underwhelming the longer it goes on. And as far as MJ and Peter's relationship status with any woman in general - I also simply no longer care. I've been reading since 1992 or 1993 and all i want at this point are good Peter/Spider-Man stories. The relationship aspect has become so boring and repetitive since OMD that I would prefer not to read any aspect of it anymore.
    Peter has also become boring and repetitive since OMD with the most acclaim coming from the concept of Superior and someone fresh taking over as the hero (even if the execution was weak). Zeb made Tombstone the character the star of his first arc, Tombstone had most of the agency, all of the character development, and his actions mostly drove the story not Peter's. So maybe it's time to get rid of Peter as well and let Miles or a non-Chasm Ben or Kaine take over if they aren't going to let Peter learn and grow, but have to incessantly start him back at square zero only to put him through all the same old steps again.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 07-09-2022 at 11:33 AM.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    He's pretty clearly just joking with fellow Beyond writer Cody Ziglar there.

I think this run has been pretty meh so far.