Default Starlight vs Lady Deathstrike

TV Starlight vs movie Lady Deathstrike

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Based on what I'm reading about Starlight, I feel that this is her fight to lose. It's pretty easy for her to blast away at long range while trying to keep the range open. Close in, she's tough enough not get sliced to ribbons immediately, strong and skilled enough to be able to hopefully knock/toss Deathstrike away while continuing with the blasting, etc.

I guess it really comes down to 'can she put Deathstrike down, at least for a 10-count?' Deathstrike had some ridiculous regeneration capability back in the movie. Nothing really impairs her for more than a couple of seconds; at one point, she's moving perfectly normally with both of Logan's sets of claws buried in her gut.

Anyone?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Pretty much my take - Starlight should fry Deathstrike despite the speed and skill deficit, and I'm not sure Deathstrike can hurt Starlight, who isn't meaningfully hurt by .50cal shots.

She gets knocked down and feels some visible discomfort from it, but it doesn't break the skin, doesn't break her ribs and doesn't do any damage beyond the discomfort.
    Last edited by big_adventure; 07-12-2022 at 11:26 PM.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Pretty much my take - Starlight should fry Deathstrike despite the speed and skill deficit, and I'm not sure Deathstrike can hurt Starlight, who isn't really bothered by .50cal shots.
    Didn't it knock her on her back and leave her sputtering for air? That's not permanent damage but it certainly seemed to bother her.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Didn't it knock her on her back and leave her sputtering for air? That's not permanent damage but it certainly seemed to bother her.
    It did, for a second, but it didn't even break her skin. And a .50 hits a HELL of a lot harder than movie Deathstrike.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    It did, for a second, but it didn't even break her skin. And a .50 hits a HELL of a lot harder than movie Deathstrike.
    Sure, I just disagree with the choice of wording. "Wasn't bothered" implies it didn't even slow her down. A mosquito bite BOTHERS someone. If someone punched me in the chest and left me gasping for air, I'd be pretty bothered about it.

I just don't want her performance to get telephone exaggerated. That's how we get Magneto blocking Galactus memes started.

Not that it matters but she's just called Deathstrike in the movie fyi lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Sure, I just disagree with the choice of wording. "Wasn't bothered" implies it didn't even slow her down. A mosquito bite BOTHERS someone. If someone punched me in the chest and left me gasping for air, I'd be pretty bothered about it.

I just don't want her performance to get telephone exaggerated. That's how we get Magneto blocking Galactus memes started.
    That's why I used the extra adverb and went with "wasn't really bothered."

I'll edit. :-)