Default Thing vs Abomination: has it happened?

Has Thing ever fought Abomination in any comic?

I did have a search but I could not turn up anything, its mostly Thing vs Hulk or Hulk vs Abomination?

Anyone even read of this fight?

Also who would win?

BANNED

I don't believe it happened, which I find odd considering Thing had several of his own series and 2 in 1 for years. As for who would win. Abom was engineered to be "stronger" than Hulk, but Hulk is technically infinitely strong. Regardless, Abom gets waxed by Hulk periodically so not sure. If Ben can fight Hulk closely, perhaps that means he can beat Abom.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I can't remember any time they were ever even in the same comic. Seems like the Abombination only gets used in Hulk comics. Currrently he is in PAD's Maestro: World War M.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I can't remember any time they were ever even in the same comic. Seems like the Abombination only gets used in Hulk comics. Currrently he is in PAD's Maestro: World War M.

He fought Wonder Man in West Coast Avengers once, though that's the only appearance of his outside of Hulk that springs to mind.

They could have fought in the Super Hero Squad Online game......

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    They could have fought in the Super Hero Squad Online game......
    Time to Hero Up!

I think this falls into the same category as the Fantastic Four vs the U-foes: It makes so much sense. Why hasn't it happened already?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I think this falls into the same category as the Fantastic Four vs the U-foes: It makes so much sense. Why hasn't it happened already?
    Man, U-Foes being powered by cosmic rays legit made me think that they were F4 villains who just stopped showing up after a while, I'm baffled they never dealt with F4 lol.

Anyways, checking it out here, it looks like the only times Ben and Abomination were in the same comic, either one or the other was just making a cameo, so they didn't fight each other, hell, the only time Abomination was even in a F4 comic was in #534, and that was a flashback Hulk was having.

Really wish there was a way to search for comics two or more characters showed up in, would make searches like this less of a headache lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I can't remember any time they were ever even in the same comic.
    They did actually, though it wasn't a one-on-one. Blonsky was among the 99 villains recruited by Mephisto to attack the Beyonder in Secret Wars II #7. Here he is on the cover.

But Ben happens to be on the same island the Beyonder is on, and when the latter contemplates leaving, ol' Meph tricks Ben into going after him and augments his strength. Too bad for Meph Ben has a change of heart and defends the passive Beyonder and basically plows through the villains. So he never, I presume, fought Blonsky individually.

You gotta wonder how Meph was able to con Doom into attacking the Beyonder, he's not that easily duped!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Apparently Thing and Abomination fought in the non-616 canon Marvel Adventures Fantastic Four #33.

Abomination takes down the FF, then Thing curb stomps him. Its not a great fight.

33.jpg

How can these to Huge Bruisers have only fought once and in a non-canon comic?

Anyone got another please?

There's an ASM novel where She-Hulk and Spidey face him. This was during a kind of weird era where Tyrannus was in his body. The annual actually separated them and merged him back with Blonsky.

Shortly after that, he showed up in IH #364, one issue shy of Grimm (Who was temporarily "cured") and She-Thing who appeared in the very next issue (the "Countdown" saga).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 07-11-2022 at 05:58 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    He fought Wonder Man in West Coast Avengers once, though that's the only appearance of his outside of Hulk that springs to mind.
    He was in an Amazing Spider-Man Annual a while back drawn by Liefeld and guest starring She-Hulk...but I think the body may have been possessed by someone else at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    You would think with all they have in common it would have happened by now.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    He was in an Amazing Spider-Man Annual a while back drawn by Liefeld and guest starring She-Hulk...but I think the body may have been possessed by someone else at the time.

You would think with all they have in common it would have happened by now.
    It hasn’t happened because the Fantastic Four already has the frightful four as their evil counterpart team. So fighting the U-Foes would probably come across as redundant, plus with all their experience battling the frightful four and evil version of themselves over the years, the FF could probably beat the U-Foes without much difficulty at all.

the Hulk barely has any rouges that are wholly unique to him, so let the U-Foes primary stand in his corner.