Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Syrin/Morrigan will say "If you wanted to become a flying burning skeleton I could have done it, dad! You didn't need to ask another goddess to do it!".
    They really played the long game on Banshee wanting to become a flying burning skeleton. It's been part of his character practically from the start.

About the whole Rogue and Kurt (not that I want them together or that I think they are going that way anyways), but they are not adoptive siblings. Even if Raven had raised Rogue from birth (which she didnt) she had no connection to Kurt till he was an adult, the first time they interacted was in DoFP, and they didn't grew up together as siblings. The closest real life equivalent would be if someone's as a baby was given up for adoption by their birth parents, grew up with different adoptive parents in another country, and then said birth parents decided to adopt another child. Legally and otherwise, both children would not be siblings, even if they met later on as adults. Rogue and Kurt should only have a close relationship as teammates, not siblings even though some writers seem to forget that and have them referring to each other as such.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 07-07-2022 at 08:44 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel really has no reason to ever touch Amanda Sefton again. Between the failure of her time as Magik and their desire to forget that ever happened and how disturbing her being Nightcrawler's primary love interest is since they are brother and sister she may be a true example a toxic character. Pretty much everything about her is problematic in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    About the whole Rogue and Kurt (not that I want them together or that I think they are going that way anyways), but they are not adoptive siblings. Even if Raven had raised Rogue from birth (which she didnt) she had no connection to Kurt till he was an adult, the first time they interacted was in DoFP, and they didn't grew up together as siblings. The closest real life equivalent would be if someone's as a baby was given up for adoption by their birth parents, grew up with different adoptive parents in another country, and then said birth parents decided to adopt another child. Legally and otherwise, both children would not be siblings, even if they met later on as adults. Rogue and Kurt should only have a close relationship as teammates, not siblings even though some writers seem to forget that and have them referring to each other as such.
    See all that is too complicated to me. When you and someone else refer to each other as siblings, that it. Like naw i don't get the rest of that. We all know what it means when we say someone is our brother or sister and mean it and no amount of oh but there is no genetic connection changes that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I really don't mind if the writers want to run with the idea that Kurt and Rogue consider themselves siblings of a sort via their connection to Mystique. The X-Men have always had strong found family themes, after all. And I also think Spurrier intended it to be somewhat uncomfortable, given how he's treated deep delves into other characters' minds, so I don't think it's odd that some folks are a bit squicked by it. But the excessive pearl-clutching, the wails of "they're literally siblings!", and the accusations of the writer approving of incest I've seen elsewhere are really just beyond the pale. If the notion that a character who's, to say the least, lead an extremely odd life might have transgressive fantasies is just too challenging, I'm not sure how folks got through the Claremont era.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 07-07-2022 at 09:06 AM.

You don’t even have to specify for me to know you’re talking about Twitter. Of course people on there would react that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    The data indicates that Raven and Destiny adopted Rogue from approximately 4 to 6 years of age, so she was very, very young.

Regarding Kurt it is still creepy, Rogue I don't think he actually considers him his brother, he hasn't even referred to him as a brother, but Kurt has referred to her as his sister on several occasions since he found out about their bond with mystique, even at Rogue's wedding she said that he was her brother, so the one who is wrong is Kurt.

And yes, adoptive families having sexual fantasies about each other is just as wrong as biological ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    You don’t even have to specify for me to know you’re talking about Twitter. Of course people on there would react that way.
    One day I will learn to stay out of the #xspoilers tag before I've had chemical fortification. Not that we always have the most nuanced takes ourselves here, I think we might just be a bit more used to the mutant brand of fucked-uppedness.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 07-07-2022 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    The data indicates that Raven and Destiny adopted Rogue from approximately 4 to 6 years of age, so she was very, very young.

Regarding Kurt it is still creepy, Rogue I don't think he actually considers him his brother, he hasn't even referred to him as a brother, but Kurt has referred to her as his sister on several occasions since he found out about their bond with mystique, even at Rogue's wedding she said that he was her brother, so the one who is wrong is Kurt.

And yes, adoptive families having sexual fantasies about each other is just as wrong as biological ones.
    Unless there's been another retcon, Mystique found Rogue after her powers manifested. She was at the least in her tween years.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Marvel really has no reason to ever touch Amanda Sefton again. Between the failure of her time as Magik and their desire to forget that ever happened and how disturbing her being Nightcrawler's primary love interest is since they are brother and sister she may be a true example a toxic character. Pretty much everything about her is problematic in 2022.
    On the other hand, Mommy Dearest, Margali (of the Winding Road) Szardos, is a mystic baddie one step away from Sorcerer Supreme levels. I wouldn't minds seeing *her* getting all messed up in mutant affairs, given how powerful and sketchy she can be, and how she's already kind of 'family' through her connection to Kurt.

Astonishing Member

I love how this entire issue's discussion got derailed by a part of a single panel Spurrier probably included specifically to get on people's nerves.

I'm a fan of Spurrier's work on Legion, X-force, and Way of X.

LoX #1 was a strong beginning. But I'm not enjoying what happened in the last 2 issues.

It's getting confusing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    They really played the long game on Banshee wanting to become a flying burning skeleton. It's been part of his character practically from the start.
    You know, I'd really love an exploration of Irish mythology and the whole Cassidy family. There's definitely a way to bring Maeve back as the goddess and Queen of Connacht, Tom must be able to be connected to Cuchulain or another Irish hero, Theresa has the Morrigan connection and Sean the Banshee. I've always thought there were genuine possibilities.

At the moment I quite like the new look, it's a kind of Ghost Rider look, there appear to be chains involved. I'm prepared to give it a go for a little while, but if it turns out he's a zombie or some pathetic villain, I'll be less than impressed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    I'm a fan of Spurrier's work on Legion, X-force, and Way of X.

LoX #1 was a strong beginning. But I'm not enjoying what happened in the last 2 issues.

It's getting confusing.
    His Hellblazer run is pretty good too.

It's a decent issue. The dreams cape was a bit hard to track and it took a reread or two.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-07-2022 at 12:03 PM.