Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    You are being too innocent. If this is what it seems, really what it seems its nu marvel trying to be edgy. Or someone is trying to gain popularity with the Kurt hecklers in regards to K/A. He'd just be stealing from decades of jokes that weren't his that he no doubtedly read. :rolling eyes:
    I’d prefer optomistic I’d be more forgiving if it was out of ignorance. But I wouldn’t be surprised. Comics are weird and I doubt any character who’s existed for 30+ years has avoided doing or being through something sketchy.
    Rather than the panel itself, it annoys me more that new readers live in a different world now, they are going to have highly charged reactions to something like this. Not that people wouldn’t have found things offensive in the past but we have social media now and sadly Twitter does have a big influence on the marvel office. I’m more annoyed about a character once again taking damage, possibly for the sake of some stupid joke.
    I know Kurt’s not the only one taking damage (nature girl and banshee immediately come to mind) in the krakoan era, but it’s not been good to him either.
    Last edited by Proxy; 07-08-2022 at 05:37 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Claremont has always been heavy on pushing what were seen as sexual boundaries of the times. Some of those boundaries it turned out were the right ones to push (Hinting so many characters were bi) others less so.
    And that reminds me of Doug and Betsy's big moment of abso-freaking-lutely nothing that happened, but still caused pearls to be clutched, because she was like, a few years older than him.

Or Storm and Yukio, who never on panel had a physical relationship, but we all know what went on between the panels on the page.

Or fourteen year old Kitty repeatedly throwing herself at Colossus, including smooching him without consent, and *him* getting the stank-eye for it. (Totally his fault. Look at how he was dressed! The boy was asking for it.)

-Warning: sarcasm.

If a character is going to "take damage" because the audience has no critical thinking skills, I'm cool with it. (See also: People calling Mercury a psychopath for having dark thoughts/memories.) Pretty sure Kurt's Flanderization over the last decade and change has done way more to make the character unpalatable than this could either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    And that reminds me of Doug and Betsy's big moment of abso-freaking-lutely nothing that happened, but still caused pearls to be clutched, because she was like, a few years older than him.

Or Storm and Yukio, who never on panel had a physical relationship, but we all know what went on between the panels on the page.

Or fourteen year old Kitty repeatedly throwing herself at Colossus, including smooching him without consent, and *him* getting the stank-eye for it. (Totally his fault. Look at how he was dressed! The boy was asking for it.)

-Warning: sarcasm.
    By God can you smell the Puritanism in here sometimes! Claremont made the X-Men the Sex-Men, deal with it people.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I’d prefer optimistic ...
    Then I'll try to be optimistic too.

The way Legion talks, frankly I wish he wasn't around this era for his own sake. His life would have been significantly better if he just gave Xavier the middle finger and screwed off to do his own thing.

When this entire relaunch started, I kind of wanted Legion to almost be an antagonist. Have him find out about Moira and how in her diaries she hinted at him and Proteus being eugenics projects to create powerful mutants for their plans, and to just try to wreck Krakoa for her and Xavier being hypocritical liars. This current Legion, I really don't know what to make of.

This book so far has been a big case of trying to sound smarter than it actually is.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Interesting look for Banshee. He has Kurt's color scheme and violet smoke.