Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    1. Subconscious desires are not always reflective of things that a person would actually want, even conscious desires often aren't.
    2. Amanda Sefton
    Yes Amanda was a thing, but Rogue wasn’t. That image showing up without any context is not a good look for Kurt as a character, and the krakoan era has been pretty unkind to him already.

I genuinely believe whoever gave the go ahead for that image (writer/artist/editor) doesn’t even know they have a familial connection. Cause if they did know, then what the hell were they trying to say here?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Yes Amanda was a thing, but Rogue wasn’t. That image showing up without any context is not a good look for Kurt as a character, and the krakoan era has been pretty unkind to him already.

I genuinely believe whoever gave the go ahead for that image (writer/artist/editor) doesn’t even know they have a familial connection. Cause if they did know, then what the hell were they trying to say here?
    Amanda has the same family ickiness Rogue would have,

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Amanda has the same family ickiness Rogue would have,
    Exactly, one foster sister was bad enough thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Hmm, those are fair points. I think its worth noting that David wasn't just talking to anyone in this instance, but his uncle who he doesn't really have much history or things in common with ASIDE from their respective relationships with Xavier, the common link between them. But now I'm definitely going to pay more attention to if and when Legion goes out of his way to raise the topic of Xavier with other people in future issues, like Ruth, Banshee or other Legionnaires without that direct connection, because I definitely do get what you're saying.
    Which was one of the saving graces of the scene but also notice he did not acknowledge cain to be said uncle until after cain said something negative about Xavier. And that was after he had told him how chuck invited him to stay there. So it's like why should everyone trust you david but no one should trust Xavier.

Oh as far as banshee since he is on the brain now, lol, i think he may be infected by the language mutant from the unlimited series. I only think so cause of the burning head and the veins in his neck which would match up.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I want to like this, but it's trying to do too many things at the same time. The really heady Astral Plane stuff, the Spark, the exploration of Arrako, the community policing angle, and the character plots for Juggernaut, Nightcrawler, and Legion (as well as tons of side characters, none of whom are getting much of an arc) -- all of it is interesting, but it's just too much to all be in one book in the same arc, so none of it is getting serviced as well as it should. The Arrako and Switch plots being the same plot helps a lot, but it still feels like a lot of aspects of this book are getting the short shrift.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Interesting review echoing several similar points here.
    https://www.comicsxf.com/2022/07/06/...legion-of-x-3/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Which was one of the saving graces of the scene but also notice he did not acknowledge cain to be said uncle until after cain said something negative about Xavier. And that was after he had told him how chuck invited him to stay there. So it's like why should everyone trust you david but no one should trust Xavier.

Oh as far as banshee since he is on the brain now, lol, i think he may be infected by the language mutant from the unlimited series. I only think so cause of the burning head and the veins in his neck which would match up.
    I think that's unconnected to this story though - they don't tend to reference or follow up on the Unlimited storylines in the main books. The end of the last issue implied that Sean was going to take one of Mother Righteous' deals, and the recap page in this issue mentioned something about her offering the power of a Ghost Rider. (Though I need to reread last issue because I can't remember where she ever clarified that was specifically what she was offering, so having it mentioned in the recap page threw me. Felt like we missed a scene where we were supposed to get more info about that than we actually received).

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    We open with the preview pages, Zsen is debriefing with Ora Serrata and we see that Dr. Strange is making a visit to Krakoa. Zsen then joins Nightcrawler and Blindfold on the Astral Plane to look for leads to the missing deity.

“Dr. Strange” is possessed by Switch and it is revealed to have been a decoy and trap planned by Pixie. They now have switch’s mind captured and contained.

Meanwhile Legion has a conversation with Juggernaut who is feeling off after being possessed last issue. During their conversation we check in on Paulie from the first issue, turns out he didn’t kill his wife. We also see where Switch’s mind is being contained and are told that Pixie is tracking down his physical body.

We get a couple of data pages about the structure of the Altar.

Back in the Astral Plane, Ruth warns the others that they will be swarmed by their own fears and desires, and we get a glimpse of that with Kurt and Zsen. After they stabilize each other a bit we get a clue about this missing god and it is connected to Pixie’s search.

While trying to find Switch’s body Pixie is assaulted by several powerful illusions and physical constructs, she deduces that the only way Switch could be pulling this off is if he has been making deals with their missing god. Pixie is in danger of being overwhelmed by the assault when she is saved by Juggernaut. They try to pursue the god and find Switch’s body, but they are spit out of the illusion on a Krakoan beach.

Back on the Astral Plane, Kurt makes the same connection that Pixie has, the missing god and skinjacker case are connected.

We also see what appears to be Dr. Nemesis helping to move the vessel containing Switch’s mind.

On the Astral Plane, Kurt and Zsen are once again swarmed with a combination of their fears and desires and native scavenger beings of the Astral Plane. They are being overwhelmed when they are saved by a wailing sound that scatters the assault. It is revealed to be the work of Banshee who has had a makeover and power up.

This issue was alright. The trap for Switch was clever. I liked the conversation between Legion and Juggernaut, the latter asking to be called uncle was cute. The therapeutic approach to conflict resolution is interesting, but it makes me curious about what the procedure is for more violent and purposeful crime. Like this Paulie character ended up not killing his wife, but if he had how would they deal with that? I’m not sure how I feel about the Banshee stuff, it’s a good last page reveal, but I’ll need to see next issue whether this will be good for Sean. The art was really great in the scenes with the illusions and the Astral Plane stuff, but it felt pretty rushed in places. The colors are lovely. So far I’ve been liking this book more than WoX, and the character work here is better, but I’m not really connecting very much with the plot.
    Was it my ideas.....or does Kurt have fantasies and desires with Rogue?
    XD I think it's quite obvious that the woman with the white streak is Anna.

Kurt is quite perverted, taking into account that he considers her her sister, since he has referred to her that way on several occasions lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post

Kurt is quite perverted, taking into account that he considers her her sister, since he has referred to her that way on several occasions lol.
    I mean, she's WAY less his sister than Amanda Sefton and he dated her. Like, Rogue and Kurt weren't raised together AND they're not blood related. Amanda and Kurt were raised by the same mother.

I think that's unconnected to this story though - they don't tend to reference or follow up on the Unlimited storylines in the main books. The end of the last issue implied that Sean was going to take one of Mother Righteous' deals, and the recap page in this issue mentioned something about her offering the power of a Ghost Rider. (Though I need to reread last issue because I can't remember where she ever clarified that was specifically what she was offering, so having it mentioned in the recap page threw me. Felt like we missed a scene where we were supposed to get more info about that than we actually received).
    While I think that particular story is unrelated, to be fair to this book, it's very much following up on Juggernaut/Deadpool Paradise Lost from X-Men Unlimited.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    While I think that particular story is unrelated, to be fair to this book, it's very much following up on Juggernaut/Deadpool Paradise Lost from X-Men Unlimited.
    Ah, true enough. I forgot that was an Unlimited storyline. For some reason I was thinking it was still part of his last miniseries.

Your most likely right. I forgot about Banshee being possessed detail which is very close to what happened in unlimited and the words thing and possession is actually pretty close to whats happening with the skin jacker and the arraki trickster god. my brain just tried to connect the rest i guess. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Is it just me or does Si sometimes just make things too cerebral. Like youre reading the issue and youre like yeah cool wait did i read that right ok i kind of understand that oh wait did I miss something.

I don't want to say dumb it down but sometimes I feel like he goes over alot of peoples heads with some ideas and dialogue. Or maybe thats just me and why im not clicking with Legion of X.
    I’m 100% there with you. There’s time where I think I’m getting it, but then I’m not sure what it’s about. I think that’s why his writing isn’t for me. I actually haven’t enjoyed any of his X series.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post

Oh please. Kurt's only relationship with Rogue was as a teammate for years before they found out about Kurt's connection to Mystique. He flirted with her, found her attractive, etc. Just because he wouldn't actually pursue a relationship with her now doesn't mean the attraction or the memory of it just goes away. There's nothing perverted or even questionable about being attracted to someone you have no actual family relationship with.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I mean, she's WAY less his sister than Amanda Sefton and he dated her. Like, Rogue and Kurt weren't raised together AND they're not blood related. Amanda and Kurt were raised by the same mother.
    Still in that woody allen/soon yi territory. It may not be illegal but something don't feel right at all.

just to expand it makes me wonder why choose rouge. There was no dialogue for her in that scene. given the idea that most stuff point to them being siblings and having that sort of relationship whether close or not it's makes one wonder what does that say about the mind of kurt or rather what conclusion are we suppose to be drawing from the idea out of all the images in such a moment that desire or idea was pulled forward and so clear. You don't just do something like that unless you want the reader to have some reaction even if it's a visual one.

It's kind of like saying Magneto and Wanda are fair game now because of the high evolutionary and though they had a father/daughter relationship they aren't genetically related. Then it becomes a tit for tat for which pair has the most familial scenes. i don't know seems weird to me.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-06-2022 at 01:41 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.