Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Also, did anyone else catch that glimpse of Uqesh's head as one of the things floating around when Zsen was being attacked by Astral Plane lifeform thingies? I mentioned this in an X-Men Red thread, but we know that there's likely going to be some open Great Ring seats after Judgment Day, and we'll likely be losing at least Lodus Logos. And the solicit for Legion of X #5 mentioned Zsen uncovering a conspiracy on Mars. I have a hunch that Mother Righteous at some point before this series paid a visit to Uqesh's boxed up head, and made a deal with him to use his powers to summon spirits and gods she could use to make deals with other people, and in exchange she'd help get one of those gods or someone else find a way to restore his body, so he could get free of his imprisonment and try and take revenge on Ora Serrata, etc.

Anyway, I'm just betting there's more to Uqesh in this story than just the brief usage of his head to summon gods in the first issue.....I think we're building up to him getting free and returning to power in some form. We know he can't get his old Seat of Law back, based on the convos and decisions made in X-Men Red, but a restored Uqesh might be able to end up challenging for one of the unclaimed Seats of any Great Ring members who die in Judgment Day. Having him opposite Ora Serrata on the Great Ring, and very much holding a grudge and an automatic ally of any of her enemies on the GR, could make for some interesting stories over in X-Men Red.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I want to like this, but it's trying to do too many things at the same time. The really heady Astral Plane stuff, the Spark, the exploration of Arrako, the community policing angle, and the character plots for Juggernaut, Nightcrawler, and Legion (as well as tons of side characters, none of whom are getting much of an arc) -- all of it is interesting, but it's just too much to all be in one book in the same arc, so none of it is getting serviced as well as it should. The Arrako and Switch plots being the same plot helps a lot, but it still feels like a lot of aspects of this book are getting the short shrift.
    I agree with a lot of this. It feels like Spurrier had a lot of ideas he wanted to get to, but wasn't being given enough space to explore those ideas and rather than edit it down to something more manageable and readable he's just shoving it all in.

Astonishing Member

I thought he didn't know Amanda was his sister when they dated?

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I thought he didn't know Amanda was his sister when they dated?
    He didn't, but then Claremont revealed in Annual #4 that "Amanda" was actually his foster sister Jimaine, who'd gotten close to him to discover the truth about their brother Stefan's death. Instead of, you know, just asking him about it. (Claremont made some extremely odd story choices sometimes.) They continued their romantic relationship - one they'd had as Kurt and Jimaine in Kurt's circus days - after that.

Astonishing Member

Ugghh

I do think if anything they are hinting more towards Zsen from this series than anything relating to Rogue. I hope.

I also am not right with how forgiveness is treated in comics. Even if a character chooses to forgive, they don't need to have the perpetrator shoved in their lives; more victims in comics should be able to say "I don't want to be in a team with you; I don't want to understand your feelings and your motives; I don't want to speak with you; I don't want to hear your voice; I don't want to see you ever again. Walk away from me, or I will be the one to leave...".

I want to add: It is too often dependent on plot requirements... If the writer wants a villain redeemed so they can join a superhero team, all of their victims within that team forgive them and everybody treats the villain like he is their best bud. If the writers dislikes a character, everybody treats them like a leper, even if their sins are way lesser than stuff other characters have done...

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Amanda has the same family ickiness Rogue would have,
    Amanda Sefton was FAR worse. Kurt and Amanda grew together as brother and sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Ugghh

I do think if anything they are hinting more towards Zsen from this series than anything relating to Rogue. I hope.
    They're not hooking up Kurt and Rogue. It's literally a flicker of a steamy daydream in Kurt's unconscious, one of a dozen. Some folks are just making a fuss over something Spurrier likely threw in specifically as a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Yes Amanda was a thing, but Rogue wasn’t. That image showing up without any context is not a good look for Kurt as a character, and the krakoan era has been pretty unkind to him already.

I genuinely believe whoever gave the go ahead for that image (writer/artist/editor) doesn’t even know they have a familial connection. Cause if they did know, then what the hell were they trying to say here?
    She’s his adoptive sister and he wasn’t raised by his biological parents anyway. It’s only a familial collection on paper.

Astonishing Member

Maybe they wanted something with a bit of an ick factor, but Amanda is too obscure for most readers, so they went with the more popular sister, lol (and ick)

I hear what you guys are saying about the forgiveness thing, sometimes it’s not handled well.

Amanda, Kurt, Rogue.
    All adults.
    So nothing icky here.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Amanda, Kurt, Rogue.
    All adults.
    So nothing icky here.
    They are adoptive siblings, very icky.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Well, I guess we'll all feell icky about different things.
    Some feel icky about Magnto and Rogue. Other about Rictor and Shatterstar. Other about Scott/Jean/Logan.
    For me, all that matters is "consenting adult"
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Yeah i mean i'm not trying to be all judgy but blood or not adopted siblings are real siblings. That's just how i personally think about it so that is just i don't know. Theres something that feels not right saying "oh but they adopted" like what you mean? i don't have any adopted siblings personally but it feels like an insult like i don't play with that whole half siblings thing either like how do you have half of a sibling?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Also, did anyone else catch that glimpse of Uqesh's head as one of the things floating around when Zsen was being attacked by Astral Plane lifeform thingies? I mentioned this in an X-Men Red thread, but we know that there's likely going to be some open Great Ring seats after Judgment Day, and we'll likely be losing at least Lodus Logos. And the solicit for Legion of X #5 mentioned Zsen uncovering a conspiracy on Mars. I have a hunch that Mother Righteous at some point before this series paid a visit to Uqesh's boxed up head, and made a deal with him to use his powers to summon spirits and gods she could use to make deals with other people, and in exchange she'd help get one of those gods or someone else find a way to restore his body, so he could get free of his imprisonment and try and take revenge on Ora Serrata, etc.

Anyway, I'm just betting there's more to Uqesh in this story than just the brief usage of his head to summon gods in the first issue.....I think we're building up to him getting free and returning to power in some form. We know he can't get his old Seat of Law back, based on the convos and decisions made in X-Men Red, but a restored Uqesh might be able to end up challenging for one of the unclaimed Seats of any Great Ring members who die in Judgment Day. Having him opposite Ora Serrata on the Great Ring, and very much holding a grudge and an automatic ally of any of her enemies on the GR, could make for some interesting stories over in X-Men Red.
    Hmm i'll have to go back and reread that part. I think my mind was already in too deep somewhere else in the story by this time. lol.

I was impressed by pixie though, that was some skill laying the trap and being able to track the skin jacker and basically a god. I thought that was a pretty nice glow up.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

I mean Uqesh would have every reason too. For the crime of his suggestion not working the Arrakki essentially sentenced him to life as a disembodied head occasionally used as a tool by them.