Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I also am not right with how forgiveness is treated in comics. Even if a character chooses to forgive, they don't need to have the perpetrator shoved in their lives; more victims in comics should be able to say "I don't want to be in a team with you; I don't want to understand your feelings and your motives; I don't want to speak with you; I don't want to hear your voice; I don't want to see you ever again. Walk away from me, or I will be the one to leave...".

I want to add: It is too often dependent on plot requirements... If the writer wants a villain redeemed so they can join a superhero team, all of their victims within that team forgive them and everybody treats the villain like he is their best bud. If the writers dislikes a character, everybody treats them like a leper, even if their sins are way lesser than stuff other characters have done...

Amanda Sefton was FAR worse. Kurt and Amanda grew together as brother and sister.
    I can definitely agree and concur with all the points raised here on forgiveness and redemption being applied very unevenly and selectively in (mainstream) superhero comics overall, not just this comic, even if this comic happens to be particularly grating on that front.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Well now we know one mutant who's not gonna be mourning Gambit's death heyo

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Well now we know one mutant who's not gonna be mourning Gambit's death heyo
    LMAO i enjoyed that.

Nooooooooo XD. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Nooooooooo XD. XD
    I'm just referring to the whole gambit death thing Sy. Don't worry. I'm team Rogue and Wonderman lol

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    I'm just referring to the whole gambit death thing Sy. Don't worry. I'm team Rogue and Wonderman lol
    Rogue x Simon honestly i like that.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I’m pretty sure I’m not going to being reading this anymore, I put up with a lot from Way of X and I draw the line at Kurt fantasizing about having sex with Rogue. Why did editorial allow that?
    We got enough that crap when they did it in Ultimate Marvel, did not need to see that here even if it is a one time thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Rogue x Simon honestly i like that.
    LOL
    If you want real chaos have Rogue go to Arrako and while mourning Gambit she restarts a relationship with Magneto

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    If you want real chaos have Rogue go to Arrako and while mourning Gambit she restarts a relationship with Magneto
    Ew!

*VOMITS*
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Can someone post a scan of Banshee please? I won't get my comics till the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Can someone post a scan of Banshee please? I won't get my comics till the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Thanks! So he is a zombie again?

Incredible Member

Well, I can’t imagine that’s a positive change for Banshee. He looks like a horror- movie villain. I am all for him having some connections to his “mystical” antecedents, but this will ruin the character... he just cannot catch a break. I am hoping it is a temporary transformation, that will lead to a genuine upgrade, a more attractive and traditional new look, and, finally, some storylines where he is not a victim.
    Last edited by bearman; 07-07-2022 at 12:03 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yeah i mean i'm not trying to be all judgy but blood or not adopted siblings are real siblings. That's just how i personally think about it so that is just i don't know. Theres something that feels not right saying "oh but they adopted" like what you mean? i don't have any adopted siblings personally but it feels like an insult like i don't play with that whole half siblings thing either like how do you have half of a sibling?
    Given that Kurt AFAIK never even met Mystique until he was an adult, and for all I know, Mystique never officially adopted Rogue anyway, and spent all of a few weeks mentoring the girl before she got thrown into the meat-grinder against the Avengers and nearly lost her sanity and had to go to Xavier for a mental cleanse, I don't really think of them as any kind of comparison to real world siblings, adoptive or otherwise.

It's not like they grew up together, like Kurt and Jimaine. (And even then, I don't really mind that, so much. Jimaine gets more stank-eye from me because she had sex with Kurt under false pretenses (pretending to be someone else), and that's a no-no. Kurt just gets a smack for not recognizing his adoptive sister, which makes me suspect they weren't particularly close as kids anyway... Maybe she was off at Hogwart's-in-Tibet while Kurt was palling around with her brother?)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It's not like they grew up together, like Kurt and Jimaine. (And even then, I don't really mind that, so much. Jimaine gets more stank-eye from me because she had sex with Kurt under false pretenses (pretending to be someone else), and that's a no-no. Kurt just gets a smack for not recognizing his adoptive sister, which makes me suspect they weren't particularly close as kids anyway... Maybe she was off at Hogwart's-in-Tibet while Kurt was palling around with her brother?)
    I think Amanda was using some kind of magic misdirection to avoid Kurt realizing that he was boinking his own adoptive sister. And yes, Kurt grew with Amanda, there are Excalibur issues where they show them working together in the circus...

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Well, I can’t imagine that’s a positive change for Banshee. He looks like a horror- movie villain. I am all for him having some connections to his “mystical” antecedents, but this will ruin the character, to just cannot eat a break. I am hoping it is a temporary transformation, that will lead to a genuine upgrade, a more attractive and traditional new look, and, finally, some storylines where he is not a victim.
    Syrin/Morrigan will say "If you wanted to become a flying burning skeleton I could have done it, dad! You didn't need to ask another goddess to do it!".