Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    My hope is Sabretooth comes for her.
    Not me. Birdy wasn't a great person but what he ended up doing to her was a little too "Harley and Joker with a realistic outcome," for my tastes. We already have a good sense of who Creed is, and Birdy doesn't need to define herself by being useful to the guy who terrorized her and then ripped her open.

For the sake of the story and dramatic effect, I mean. Not because I’m a sadist and enjoy watching people hurt, but IMO if Birdy isn’t part of Sabretooth’s story then she won’t be part of squat and will be just another psychic relegated to limbo. It helps to not think about these characters as real people. They’re there to serve the story, and in some cases the stories of major characters versus their own stories. Just saying…
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Not me. Birdy wasn't a great person but what he ended up doing to her was a little too "Harley and Joker with a realistic outcome," for my tastes. We already have a good sense of who Creed is, and Birdy doesn't need to define herself by being useful to the guy who terrorized her and then ripped her open.
    Creed didn't kill her. His son did.

For the sake of the story and dramatic effect, I mean. Not because I’m a sadist and enjoy watching people hurt, but IMO if Birdy isn’t part of Sabretooth’s story then she won’t be part of squat and will be just another psychic relegated to limbo. It helps to not think about these characters as real people. They’re there to serve the story, and in some cases the stories of major characters versus their own stories. Just saying…
    I get your point, but a big part of this particular story was how people are influenced and changed by trauma and violence. I'd rather Birdy live peaceably as a retired character and my fourth favorite Marvel vs Capcom 2 super. I thought it was pretty touching that Irene and Mystique were looking out for her like that, and it actually made me like them.

Edit

@Silver Fang

Haaaah, you're right. Forgot all about Graydon. Maybe that's why Mystique feels sh owes her. At the same time, I do think Birdy was desperate to be away from Vic.
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 07-07-2022 at 07:52 AM.

To each their own. No worries on that front. For me, I’m interested in reading about Birdy and Sabretooth’s relationship, even if it’s not necessarily a happy story for her. Rather than her effectively just being retired and forgotten. For all intents and purposes, for me as a reader she might as well have just stayed dead in that case.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Gotta agree. Outside of Sabretooth, Birdy has always been a pretty useless character and I am often confused so many folks remember her, let alone wanna see her come back so bad.

Her only purpose would be as the 1 mutant who's not stronger than Creed, and can be used to reign him in some and subsequently make his character slightly more useful.

And since we're not in 90's Marvel anymore, Birdy won't be as abused & intimidated as she was back then. I'd wager her relationship with Creed wouldn't be as dark. Like everything, it was be heavily toned down from what it was.

And again, she could come in handy as a morality pet for him. Giving him at least 1% of depth that he's lacked for the better part of 2 decades.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-07-2022 at 08:11 AM.

Actually, screw it. Apparently you can get the wrong idea of a character when you haven't read a comic she's appeared in over twenty years, and your fondest memories of her come from a video game. Had to go to comicsvine to get my nostalgia sorted. Birdy was a scummy participant who happened to get killed by a bigger piece of trash.

Ugh, feeling old.

To each their own. No worries on that front. For me, I’m interested in reading about Birdy and Sabretooth’s relationship, even if it’s not necessarily a happy story for her. Rather than her effectively just being retired and forgotten. For all intents and purposes, for me as a reader she might as well have just stayed dead in that case.
    I figure they brought her back so she can use the glow on krakoa in an attempt to try to heal what was done by sabretooth and that's what emma meant when she said they would be far from each other, she will most likely be on krakoa and he will be exiled.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I felt mixed about it. I didn't hate it but felt it was anticlimactic. Plus I thought Sabretooth getting captured by Orchis was farcical. I still enjoyed the miniseries and I'm looking forward to the next two.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I felt mixed about it. I didn't hate it but felt it was anticlimactic. Plus I thought Sabretooth getting captured by Orchis was farcical. I still enjoyed the miniseries and I'm looking forward to the next two.
    See, I thought Orchis was a secret society fighting a shadow war, so it was strange to me that they used the name openly for their prison business.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I figure they brought her back so she can use the glow on krakoa in an attempt to try to heal what was done by sabretooth and that's what emma meant when she said they would be far from each other, she will most likely be on krakoa and he will be exiled.
    Could be. That would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    See, I thought Orchis was a secret society fighting a shadow war, so it was strange to me that they used the name openly for their prison business.
    They gotta fund themselves somehow.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-07-2022 at 08:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

At least it indicates Orchis has actually been doing something instead of just sitting their asses up in their space station

Mighty Member

The last few issues of this miniseries looks more like a New Mutants book than the New Mutants book by Ayala.

Magma and Doug had their grand moments.

What's this with Doug going back to being the mild-mannered 'lawyer' and Warlock as his protector , he should be able to fight quite well now after so many issues showing his fighting ability since Necrosha.

It goes to show that new writers don't do their homework as they only read the Doug in the original series.

Astonishing Member

It wouldn’t be the first time a writer reverted a new mutant’s characterization in this era *cough* Roberto under Hickman