Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Kraft flavoured grilled cheese 1985.
    They had pizza, Mexican and Italian

There used to be an off shoot of Nerds candy called Dweebs. I loved those when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Regular Hawaiian Chips at Trader Joes. They stopped them some time ago. The still sold flavored ones, But I like my chips straight.

You reminded me of Hawaiian brand (not actually from Hawaii) potato chips. They used to sell Maui onion rings that were 100 times better than anything made by Funyuns. Maybe they still do, but not near me.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

Booger candy, came in a nose dispenser

Mello yello (coca cola company) lemon soda

Incredible Member

The old Mars bars (Snickers Almond doesn't seem to have quite the same taste).

I remember something as a kid called Spreadables. Premade chicken salad, tuna salad and ham salad in a can.

Can't remember what they were called but they were premade dishes (spaghetti and meatballs, beef stew, chicken tetrazenni) in pouches that you microwave to heat up and eat. Could store them in your cabinet for months and it would still taste like they were freshly made (the food was exposed to low levels of radiation to kill any bacteria). Don't know why they were discontiued. Better than canned goods.

Here in the Netherlands about 10 years ago, there used to be a ring-shaped, chocolate-covered cookie called Filipinos, they were small and came in a pack of several dozen. Took em off the market around 2012 i guess.

We had a Lay's chips flavour called Cream & Chives in the early 2000s. It was delicious.

When i was really small in the early 90s there were white chocolate penny wafers of the brand Panky. They were my favourite.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The days when green colored candy meant lime and not apple.

Agreed!!!!

Astonishing Member

McDonald's used to have an apple-flavored muffin (hot!) for breakfast. It was worth stopping at McDonald's for, on your way to work.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I don't think it lasted very long (which is understandable) but McDonalds used to have a Big Plain burger. I'm sure I'll be the only one to remember it! I always hated McDonalds as a kid because I found the big globs of ketchup and mustard gag worthy. They made the burgers so fast they were sloppily done. Another reason why I like White Castles instead.

Bacon Cotton Candy by Lester's Fixins. For a time there, it was available everywhere and then suddenly it faded out. The company brand still seems to be around. There are other brands, but aren't as good and I think just one or two though and they are hard to find. You also used to be able to get bacon cotton candy "freshly" made at the County fair near me but that went away a couple of years ago.

Yes I am into bacon cotton candy.

Another one is the Purple Cow. It was made by Holloway's, who also made Slo-Pokes, Black Cows and Milk Duds. There was also a Pink Cow at one time being made. Anyhow I loved those Purple Cows.

Speaking of McDonalds, I loved the Arch Burger they had for a microsecond.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 07-11-2022 at 03:04 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I miss Bonkers Candy. I loved the old ads they ran. They quit making it when I was a kid but I used to get it all the time.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Bacon Cotton Candy by Lester's Fixins. For a time there, it was available everywhere and then suddenly it faded out. The company brand still seems to be around. There are other brands, but aren't as good and I think just one or two though and they are hard to find. You also used to be able to get bacon cotton candy "freshly" made at the County fair near me but that went away a couple of years ago.

Yes I am into bacon cotton candy.

Another one is the Purple Cow. It was made by Holloway's, who also made Slo-Pokes, Black Cows and Milk Duds. There was also a Pink Cow at one time being made. Anyhow I loved those Purple Cows.

Speaking of McDonalds, I loved the Arch Burger they had for a microsecond.
    I don't remember the Purple Cow but I do remember the Black Cow and they disappeared. Perhaps the name was controversial so they dropped them. At Bob Evans restaurants they currently have candied bacon on the menu.

Shirt Is Optional Member Attila Kiss's Avatar

Orbitz Beverage
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Mighty Member

1990's fruitopia flavours. Peach Banana babylon and such...