View Poll Results: Superman of the xmen verse..

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team human(**** the mutant menace)

0 0%
  • Team xmen(human and mutant cooperation)

8 57.14%
  • Team mutant brotherhood (**** humans)

0 0%
  • Don't care..he's gonna do what feels is right

6 42.86%
  • Others..

0 0%
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Default If superman were a mutant in xmen-verse..

What do you think his choices and leanings land him?what do you think his actions will be?
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-07-2022 at 10:33 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I think he *might* be an X-Man, more likely an Avenger - he'd absolutely be on the side of cooperation, but would also do what he thinks is right in any given situation.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Clark will always be on the side that's better for everyone.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

He'd work with the X-Men but I don't think he'd identify as one. The main reason he's even on the Justice League is he usually helps found it, so it shares his ideals of "protect the people at all costs," but he's refused to join it when he didn't think it fit his views (JLI).

So he'd basically just do his own thing and work together which the team he felt was best trying to make a better world, usually the X-Men, but not always.

That said, I'm convinced he and The Hulk just fly around the universe giving atomic wedgies to evil wizards or something.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

He'd obviously never be Team human or Team mutant brotherhood, but I feel there is an argument for team "not get involved because Superman isn't political." And that's really sad.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Voted "he'll do what he thinks is right."

If Clark were a mutant, I suspect his life might look a lot like this:

Clark Kent, mild mannered reporter for a great New York newspaper (or, more likely, the Bugle) would probably put a lot of effort into mutant rights, and covering mutant related issues and stories. I don't think he'd build his whole career around it, but I don't believe Clark would just sit back while an entire demographic is hunted by killer robots built by the government, attacked by lynch mobs, or any of the other crap that mutants are put through. He'd advocate through his journalism for fair treatment, new laws and policy, etc. In the same way Lois and Clark are both known for writing about Superman (a large part of their careers, but far from the entirety) I think Marvel Clark would be the same with mutantkind.

As Superman, I don't see Clark being a regular member of either the Avengers or the X-Men. I see him being friendly with both (to various degrees, depending on who's doing what and who's on the roster). But the X-Men deal mostly with mutant related problems, and Superman doesn't limit himself like that; he'll tackle evil and corruption no matter where he finds it. He'll definitely always answer the phone when Xavier calls, but I don't see him being tied down to their specific mission.

I think he'd have the same kind of relationship with the Avengers; he's there when they need an extra hand and he calls some of them friends, but he wouldn't be a regular, full-time member. They're closer to Clark's standard "help everyone" MO....but the Avengers have always shown a hypocrisy when it comes to mutant rights. How often does Captain America get in front of national cameras and defend mutants? How often has Black Panther encouraged the UN to recognize the full humanitarian rights of mutants? When did Thor last challenge the religious organizations of the world to accept mutants? It's a damn rare occurrence, and one I don't see Clark being terribly supportive of. Nobody is free until everybody is free, yknow? And for most of their history, mutants aren't just hated and feared, they're second class citizens at best with no legal rights or standing. A superhero team that lets that slide, even if they're super busy fighting Kang and Ultron and whatever else....I just don't see Clark joining a group that lets such discrimination exist, and in America's own backyard at that.

Maybe if there was another unity squad, like that Uncanny Avengers book from a few years back that mixed X and A rosters. Something like that, I could see Clark joining. But as long as X-Men deal primarily with mutant problems and leave the rest of the world to fend for itself, and the Avengers do the same in reverse, Clark won't feel at home with either group.

Plus, Clark's a loner. He's a classic member of the League, but the League is meant to be an emergencies-only kinda thing; they're not supposed to get together for anything short of extinction level events. The Avengers (often) all live and work together, as do the X-Men, and Clark just doesn't roll like that.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.