Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

I prefer to think that Green implies a certain amount of “earthy wisdom,” which *could* come from encountering the dark side but also from other sources: Yoda’s wisdom is obvious, Qui-Gon’s very down-to-Earth, Ahsoka had to learn how to be Anakin’s apprentice (), and Luke experienced the school-of-hard-knocks.

Blue implies a greater force of will in their personality: Obi-Wan’s focus and discipline showcase his will, while Anakin’s willful personality eventually caused problems. Ben Solo’s a weak will individual, but maybe he’s just so stupid that he got blue by default since there was no way he’d ever get green.

Yellow, purple, and white are simply highly unique variations that emerge from unique experiences. Mace is played by Samuel L. Jackson (enough said), Ahsoka arguably rose above the Jedi Order of her time, and Rey had her personality overwritten by the Force demanding she be in an abusive relationship for no good reason.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Not sure it's "arguable" that Ashoka rose above the Jedi of her era. No doubt in my mind she was too good for them.

Okay, so now that I understand what the gray Jedi are supposed to be I get why everyone was saying it's a dumb idea. It is, at least in the "emo Jedi" way people seem to want them.

So, how is this supposed to square with things like the Bendu or Father? Granted, neither of those characters seem entirely mortal, but I find it interesting that both presumed to sit "in between" and were both pacifists who were cripplingly slow to take action. Is that just some idiot idea Filoni or somebody had that they've recycled, or is there (could there) be something of value in it? Beyond emo Jedi, I mean.

As an aside, anyone read that Ronin novel inspired by that episode of the Visions cartoon? Good read, with a different take on the Force I hadn't seen before.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Not sure it's "arguable" that Ashoka rose above the Jedi of her era. No doubt in my mind she was too good for them.

Okay, so now that I understand what the gray Jedi are supposed to be I get why everyone was saying it's a dumb idea. It is, at least in the "emo Jedi" way people seem to want them.

So, how is this supposed to square with things like the Bendu or Father? Granted, neither of those characters seem entirely mortal, but I find it interesting that both presumed to sit "in between" and were both pacifists who were cripplingly slow to take action. Is that just some idiot idea Filoni or somebody had that they've recycled, or is there (could there) be something of value in it? Beyond emo Jedi, I mean.

As an aside, anyone read that Ronin novel inspired by that episode of the Visions cartoon? Good read, with a different take on the Force I hadn't seen before.
    I loved the Visions novel and really enjoyed it's take on the Force.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Right? I found it intriguing that there's no mention of the dark side and the light side as we understand them, merely the black conduit and the white flare.

Makes me wonder if the Force works differently in the Ronin-verse, or if their Force sensitives follow a philosophy that somehow doesn't differentiate between the light and dark sides. The way the flare and conduit are described makes me think they put more emphasis on the Living and Unifying Forces. Maybe they consider the light and dark sides the result of an individual's actions and motivations only? I didn't see any lightning or healing, or any of the other powers we usually associate with one side of the Force or the other either.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Right? I found it intriguing that there's no mention of the dark side and the light side as we understand them, merely the black conduit and the white flare.

Makes me wonder if the Force works differently in the Ronin-verse, or if their Force sensitives follow a philosophy that somehow doesn't differentiate between the light and dark sides. The way the flare and conduit are described makes me think they put more emphasis on the Living and Unifying Forces. Maybe they consider the light and dark sides the result of an individual's actions and motivations only? I didn't see any lightning or healing, or any of the other powers we usually associate with one side of the Force or the other either.
    I kind of saw it as the far future, and that the understanding had changed.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

For me it depends on what you mean by grey Jedi. If you mean someone who uses both dark and light side. I’m not a fan of that. I prefer for the term being a catch all term for a force uses who doesn’t really agree with the order’s dogma. Favorite example Joker Bindo from the Kotor games. He’s against the dark side but he doesn’t agree with the way the Jedi order handles things.