Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best X-Book recommendations

Hello there-

Of the following titles, which are the best?
    1. X-Men
    2. X-Men Red
    3. Legion of X
    4. Immortal X-Men
    5. New Mutants
    6. Marauders
    7. Wolverine

Thanks in advance! (FYI, I already am reading X-Cellent)

My opinion?

1) X-men Red
    2) Immortal X-men
    3) Wolverine
    4) X-men
    5) Legion of X
    6) Marauders
    7) New Mutants

Personally I also enjoy X-Force more than the last three on that list, even though it could be better. My pull list basically ends at #4 above, plus X-Force.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

X-Men Red has pretty much universal praise here. Immortal X-Men has less love, but it's generally seen as one of the best running series. All the other titles are fairly divisive and how much you enjoy them depends on what you're looking for in a series.

If you want something really good, though? New Mutants Vol 2, 2003.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Incredible Member

1. Immortal X-Men
    2. X-Men Red
    3. Marauders
    4. Legion of X
    5. X-Men
    6. New Mutants
    7. Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by REVOLUTION View Post
    Hello there-

1. X-Men
    2. X-Men Red
    3. Legion of X
    4. Immortal X-Men
    5. New Mutants
    6. Marauders
    7. Wolverine

X-Men Red is currently #1 for me, followed by X-Men for the more standard super-heroics. I'm not typically into political intrigue-ishness but I've really enjoyed Immortal too.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Damn, y'all hate X-Force that much?

1) immortal
    2) red
    3) adjectiveless
    4) x-force
    5) new mutants
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    Damn, y'all hate X-Force that much?
    To be fair even Knight of X didn't make the cut to be a pity option. X-Fans are ruthless.

X-Men Red
    X-Men
    Immortal X-Men
    New Mutants

Those are the four titles that are really bringing anything new and intriguing. IMO

I'd also go but the type of writing style you like because eacho one is different.

All the other writers are not executing the titles well.

Also Sabretooth was amazing but that was a mini series that will be followed up my a mini series.

And if youre a Logan fan I guess pick up Wolverine but Ben Percy is not doing anything exciting and his stories have too much runaway where you dont even care anymore what he was trying to accomplish.

So what I'm trying to say is that some of these writers need to learn how to get to the point and stop trying to be fancy with long term stories they cant execute correctly.
    Last edited by CGAR; 07-08-2022 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by REVOLUTION View Post
    Hello there-

1. X-Men
    2. X-Men Red
    3. Legion of X
    4. Immortal X-Men
    5. New Mutants
    6. Marauders
    7. Wolverine

Xmen red is the best out of the bunch but immortal is really up there two... they are the duelling aces of the krakoan era after hoxpox.

New mutants is next possibly the only long form story telling comic left.

Xmen by duggan is a fun read yes it has its problems bot it is a fun read.

The rest are meh. Lox lost the plot, marauders I haven't read that one yet and I dont really care for a wolverine comic.

Astonishing Member

Alright so, in reverse order.

#5: Duggan's run of Marauders. This is brilliant. It's got the best villains of the entire Krakoan era. It's a great team book that spreads the attention out evenly between it's cast to overall great results.
    #4: Excalibur: So, first off a bit of false advertising on this one. You may believe this is a book about Betsy Braddock, but this story actually starts out as a solo for everyone's favorite X-character Big Daddy Blue as he tries to create a portal of dead people to reunite with his wife, which instead creates a war with demons that turns into a tournament arc so glorious and amazing, they had to involve every single X-book at once with it. So great is the natural magnetism of Apocalypse, we see it in action with Rictor, as further confirmation that fan popularity literally manifests as additional superpowers in the books themselvs. Oh, and there might also be some stuff with Betsy. I think eventually she ends up in a war with Mordred over the throne of Camelot. Equally interesting.
    #3: X-men Green: A deep and fascinating look at modern environmental protesting and the ethics involved. It also has a great sense of character growth and natural organic progression, and features some fascinating situations never before encountered in comics universe, such as a dinosaur man and a snake themed supervillaines threatening to date-rape each other simultaneously on screen for your enjoyment.
    #2: Knights of X: A continuation of Excalibur, a five part miniseries that is then just going to become another ongoing once again. Some will argue that since this is quite literally a story arc spun off from Escalibur into it's own book just to be turned into another book at the end it shouldn't be separate. They are wrong.
    #1: X-corps I don't even know what I can say about this book to recommend it, just go read it. it's amazing.

Or you could go with what the others recommend...there alright....

1. X-Men Red
    2. Immortal X-Men
    3. New Mutants
    4. X-Men
    5. Legion of X
    6. Marauders
    7. Wolverine

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Alright so, in reverse order.

#5: Duggan's run of Marauders. This is brilliant. It's got the best villains of the entire Krakoan era. It's a great team book that spreads the attention out evenly between it's cast to overall great results.
    #4: Excalibur: So, first off a bit of false advertising on this one. You may believe this is a book about Betsy Braddock, but this story actually starts out as a solo for everyone's favorite X-character Big Daddy Blue as he tries to create a portal of dead people to reunite with his wife, which instead creates a war with demons that turns into a tournament arc so glorious and amazing, they had to involve every single X-book at once with it. So great is the natural magnetism of Apocalypse, we see it in action with Rictor, as further confirmation that fan popularity literally manifests as additional superpowers in the books themselvs. Oh, and there might also be some stuff with Betsy. I think eventually she ends up in a war with Mordred over the throne of Camelot. Equally interesting.
    #3: X-men Green: A deep and fascinating look at modern environmental protesting and the ethics involved. It also has a great sense of character growth and natural organic progression, and features some fascinating situations never before encountered in comics universe, such as a dinosaur man and a snake themed supervillaines threatening to date-rape each other simultaneously on screen for your enjoyment.
    #2: Knights of X: A continuation of Excalibur, a five part miniseries that is then just going to become another ongoing once again. Some will argue that since this is quite literally a story arc spun off from Escalibur into it's own book just to be turned into another book at the end it shouldn't be separate. They are wrong.
    #1: X-corps I don't even know what I can say about this book to recommend it, just go read it. it's amazing.

Or you could go with what the others recommend...there alright....
    This is satire? lol

It has to be satire. Otherwise, X-Men Green would be number one on the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Really recommend:

1. Immortal X-Men
    2. X-Men Red

Just for X-men fans:

3. Legion of X
    4. X-Men
    5. New Mutants

Trash:

6. Marauders
    7. Wolverine