Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

An Acolytes book could work if told squarely in a specific time period that is removed from our time by a few centuries. Set it in the 1400s-1500s with Exodus(having been released from his cave just before the book begins) having a team fighting against Selene,Bard and her lot and kings and queens caught up in the conspiracies and vendettas of the day. I would be down for that, a contemporaneous team would feel a little too repetitive with so many titles already running. Then again if 'Acolytes' was a team analogous to the X-Men but loyal to the council and especially Exodus it could work,though I'd still prefer a team set in yesteryear.

X-Men: Red should have been titled Brotherhood of Mutants but then again, using Red for a Mars based book is too good to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    An Acolytes book could work if told squarely in a specific time period that is removed from our time by a few centuries. Set it in the 1400s-1500s with Exodus(having been released from his cave just before the book begins) having a team fighting against Selene,Bard and her lot and kings and queens caught up in the conspiracies and vendettas of the day. I would be down for that, a contemporaneous team would feel a little too repetitive with so many titles already running. Then again if 'Acolytes' was a team analogous to the X-Men but loyal to the council and especially Exodus it could work,though I'd still prefer a team set in yesteryear.
    These are great pitches for an Acolytes book. I agree that Exodus should lead anything Acolytes named now. Magneto has moved on.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Group names in the current era have slim to zero ties to the original ones, and Brotherhood and Acolytes are definitely better names than say Marauders.

Any book called The Brotherhood of Mutants should have Blob and Toad in it.

Acolytes should have Exodus in it.

If these conditions are met then I would probably read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    If it has mutants I'm getting it
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Group names in the current era have slim to zero ties to the original ones, and Brotherhood and Acolytes are definitely better names than say Marauders.
    True True All True lol
    I'd like an Acolyte book starring some younger (GenX) mutants that was not weighed down with whatever new hodgepodge teen characters the writer came up with
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I think in order for them to be successful long term they need X-men somewhere even the X-men presents: The Acolytes or the Brotherhood.

This era has gone out of its way to use former names across the board with varying success in sales. SWORD and Hellions are two of the best books of the previous era, yet I don't know exactly how those titles did sales wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I think in order for them to be successful long term they need X-men somewhere even the X-men presents: The Acolytes or the Brotherhood.

This era has gone out of its way to use former names across the board with varying success in sales. SWORD and Hellions are two of the best books of the previous era, yet I don't know exactly how those titles did sales wise.
    Hmmm maybe, I've never been a fan of having 'X-men' be the leading title of a satellite book, looks too clunky and 'pickme' on the other hand brand recognition is a thing, in a few cases the books didn't even need the 'X-men' moniker attached to succeed titles like The New Mutants or Exiles prove in
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Hmmm maybe, I've never been a fan of having 'X-men' be the leading title of a satellite book, looks too clunky and 'pickme' on the other hand brand recognition is a thing, in a few cases the books didn't even need the 'X-men' moniker attached to succeed titles like The New Mutants or Exiles prove in
    This is true, too but I think when NM debut it's likelihood to succeed long-term was a lot higher. Same with Exiles debuting during or around the era where nearly any X-satellite title would at least guarantee a 2-3 year run. I feel like this era is a little different and it's harder for some great titles to capture an audience without the already built in brand recognition. Although this era, has had a few successes in that regard as well.

Incredible Member

The best opportunity for an Acolytes book was Way of X/Legion of X for the religious topics.
    I however would love for Chrome, Skids, Rusty, Neophyte and Scanner to appear anywhere else, they deserve a chance to shine in the Krakoa era.