Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Potential Omegas

What mutants do you think actually have the skill set and powers to eventually be considered an Omega Class mutant?

Omega-level mutants definition per wiki description "Some abilities depicted by mutants described as Omega-level include immortality, extreme manipulation of matter and energy, high psionic ability, strong telekinesis, and the potential to exist beyond the boundaries of the known physical universe."

Marvel's explanation is "Mutant power classifications have never been fully explained. However, Omega Level Mutant, Omega-Level Mutant threats, mutants with Omega-Level Potential, Omega Mutants, simply Omega Level or Omega is a term that is commonly used to refer to a mutant possessing powers without foreseeable limits. Examples include Elixir's biokinesis and Legion's spontaneous mutations."

Loa was what made me think about starting this thread. If she expanded upon her power of being able to pass through and destroy matter, wouldn't that make her a contender? As she is now couldn't she just kind of fall straight through the Earth putting multiple holes in it and making the Earth eventually collapse on itself?

Magma's power set though not really descried by "Wikipedia's" definition always made me think she should be considered an omega. I mean c'mon she can draw lava from the Earth's core, heal herself and cause the tectonic plates to shift. She could potentially destroy the planet if she wanted too.

Omega levelers per Marvel:
    Absolon Mercator
    Franklin Richards
    Psylocke
    Vulcan
    Hope
    Emma Frost
    Rachel Summers
    Elixir
    Quentin Quire
    Cable
    Legion
    X-Man
    Iceman

Omega level potential per Marvel:
    Storm
    Chamber

Who are your Omega-level contenders and why?
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 09-01-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Clearly Tempus and Goldballs are Omega-Level threats.

Apoc Kid dude is Omega-Level, I believe.

Cable isn't an Omega-Level anymore, he's lost his power since forever ago. He's still a huge threat but nowhere near Omega-Level.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 09-01-2014 at 12:32 PM.

BANNED

Sunfire, maybe? He's been doing some pretty ridiculous stuff in Uncanny Avengers, like blowing up massive space ships with ease, and going toe to toe with Kang the Conqueror. Although, he just got turned into pure cosmic energy, so I don't know if he counts anymore.

Rogue recently absorbed hundreds of superpowers at once, and was able to halt a Celestial(with the help of the Sentry). That's got to count for something.
    Last edited by sprior93; 09-01-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Clearly Tempus and Goldballs are Omega-Level threats.

Apoc Kid dude is Omega-Level, I believe.

Cable isn't an Omega-Level anymore, he's lost his power since forever ago. He's still a huge threat but nowhere near Omega-Level.
    Just going by the list they gave me.

I think I read somewhere if you were once considered an Omega you will always be an Omega.

BANNED

How is Psylocke Omega?

She has telekinesis that can level mountains. Per Rick Remender she is a telepath on par with Charles and Jean and has multiple other powers.

Eh, she's strong but Rachel is far more powerful than her. There's a reason Charles told Rachel that she is basically his successor in raw power and no one else. Psylocke didn't even register in his radar.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Just going by the list they gave me.

I think I read somewhere if you were once considered an Omega you will always be an Omega.
    That doesn't work though as Cable is obviously nowhere near Omega-Level anymore and hasn't been for many years. He isn't like Rachel whose still an Omega-Level even without the Phoenix as she still has her natural powers which were already extremely potent.

Definitely: Exodus, Tempus, Triage, Rogue
    Maybe: Hellion (under Mike Carey's pen), Sunfire (under Remender's potentially), Jean Grey (Bendis)

That doesn't work though as Cable is obviously nowhere near Omega-Level anymore and hasn't been for many years.
    He only lost his powers in the previous X-Force volume. Before that he had to constantly use his TK to combat the technovirus consuming his body, and reconstruct those parts of his body he loses when he lets his guard down.

Triage, I think. Cyclops hypothesized [aka writer infodump ] that Triage manipulates the life force of others and himself. Triage also healed/resurrected himself after Raze killed him.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    She has telekinesis that can level mountains. Per Rick Remender she is a telepath on par with Charles and Jean and has multiple other powers.
    Psylocke is never consistent in that her powers seem super variable based on the writer. I mean to a certain extent that happens to a few characters but at least you have a good general idea what u get from Magneto for instance.

How is Goldballs Omega? he summons balls not sure how that evolves to infinite power.

Tempus and Triage of Bendis's new group have the potential. I would say none of the new x-men qualify currently or are all that close.

Funny Enough I think the whole Deadly Genesis team had the potential but yes to Vulcan and Darwin.
    Last edited by JaggedFel; 09-01-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Triage, I think. Cyclops hypothesized [aka writer infodump ] that Triage manipulates the life force of others and himself. Triage also healed/resurrected himself after Raze killed him.
    He may be Omega but he hasn't really done much yet to get that status. Maybe he'll get some screen time after Tempus has her current story arc told? Or maybe his future self in that future will reveal that he's an Evil Omega or something as Eva was scared of him when she returned.

Surely Rachel Summers is, you know being able to contain the Phoenix within her and use it for good for like ages

Rachel is on the list.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

All that constitutes omega level is unlimited potentially, really. Jean Grey is someone on your list that IS omega level-- it was her limitless potential that attracted the Phoenix Force.

As for someone that could be, I imagine that Scarlet Witch, Wiccan, and Havok would make the list. Also, perhaps Alchemy-- I mean, he can make ANYTHING gold with his touch.

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    All that constitutes omega level is unlimited potentially, really. Jean Grey is someone on your list that IS omega level-- it was her limitless potential that attracted the Phoenix Force.

As for someone that could be, I imagine that Scarlet Witch, Wiccan, and Havok would make the list. Also, perhaps Alchemy-- I mean, he can make ANYTHING gold with his touch.
    Yeah I have no idea why Scarlet Witch isn't on Marvels list. Is Wiccan a mutant?