Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

There was a time Omega meant something. They had control of their abilities down to the molecular scale or finer. They had infinite applications of their powers. And they could transcend their fleshy bodies. Now they slap "omega" on top of anyone they want cool. Fraction's "omega level telepath" being the extreme bastardization of the term.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Synch was an Omega, by the virtue that much like Rogue, his power level was equal to that of any mutant he synced with.

Here's an interesting one: Gateway - maybe the only Omega level teleporter - he moves through space and time.
    Magik has him beat and Lila gives him a run for the money.

o

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    There was a time Omega meant something. They had control of their abilities down to the molecular scale or finer. They had infinite applications of their powers. And they could transcend their fleshy bodies. Now they slap "omega" on top of anyone they want cool. Fraction's "omega level telepath" being the extreme bastardization of the term.
    Indeed.

QQ for example has Omega Potential but I don't consider him an Omega yet as he's still young, inexperienced, and there's so much about his powers that he simply lacks knowledge about let alone control over. Compared to other high profile Omegas he doesn't hold a candle to them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post

o
    I don't know about all that... While Lila Cheney has the ability to generate a teleportational field about herself with which can transport herself and other people/objects across interstellar distances... Gateway on the other hand is capable of creating wormholes which allow travel through time, space, and dimensions. I'd say it was Magik that he give a run for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Indeed.

QQ for example has Omega Potential but I don't consider him an Omega yet as he's still young, inexperienced, and there's so much about his powers that he simply lacks knowledge about let alone control over. Compared to other high profile Omegas he doesn't hold a candle to them.
    Or a paper match stem for that matter.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 09-02-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    I don't know about all that... While Lila Cheney has the ability to generate a teleportational field about herself with which can transport herself and other people/objects across interstellar distances... Gateway on the other hand is capable of creating wormholes which allow travel through time, space, and dimensions. I'd say it was Magik that he give a run for the money.

Or a paper match stem for that matter.
    Oh good one! Gateway definitely had some Omega skills!

Again, this is Marvels list not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post

o
    Gateway transcends money.

Gateway is master of the Dreamtime. That dimension trumps Limbo any day. Plus, he's like omniscient/omnipathic. He never spoke in the Outback era and always knew where the team needed to go and when to bring them back.

And he has a bull-roarer, which sounds like this:

So, he wins everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Indeed.

Another good example. Isn't he only telepathic? I don't think telepaths should count. You need to be able to manipulate reality and control your own form to be a real Omega. He just fires off snarky comments and makes people think they got shot. I really wish the Cuckoos had finished him off for real. Riot at Xavier's was a fun story, but I don't need anymore of that pink haired snot.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    She has telekinesis that can level mountains. Per Rick Remender she is a telepath on par with Charles and Jean and has multiple other powers.
    And yet She gets bested by a streetlevel Hero like Daredevil in a straight up fight. Do powers count if the character/writer forgets they exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    And yet She gets bested by a streetlevel Hero like Daredevil in a straight up fight. Do powers count if the character/writer forgets they exist?
    Magneto got beat by Iron-Man. AvX was a mess, let's just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Cyke won the super power lottery with most of his kids

Tempus and triage totally qualifyad omega level
    hijack has a chance if he manages to become some kind of machine psychic and make sure he always has machines around.

First of all he totally breaks the law of conservation of mass by creating goldballs out of nowhere (iceman makes ice out of moisture and can't make ice if low humidity), and then just think about a moon sized goldball, he could actually blow up planets dark phoenix level or stop incurssions, he has huge potential unless bendis states some limits on his power
    Iceman breaks the laws of conservation of energy, where does the heat go when he makes ice, Also even humid air would not explain the things Iceman makes. All [pretty much Comic Book characters break fundamental rules of physics , even supposedly tech ones like Iron Man. When the hulk Grabs a tank by the Barrel and swings it around Newton spins in his grave faster than the tank.

The term "Comic Book Physics" was invented for a reason, trying to apply reality to outright fantasies like Big Two Comics is a waste of mental effort. Just remember they are fantasies not Science fiction

Forge must be severely lacking in inspiration or imagination not to be an omega. His mutant power is the ability to create anything. Imagine what any six year old could do with such power!?
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Gateway transcends money.
    Gateway is master of the Dreamtime. That dimension trumps Limbo any day. Plus, he's like omniscient/omnipathic. He never spoke in the Outback era and always knew where the team needed to go and when to bring them back.
    So, he wins everything.
    Gateway isn't quantifiable...he doesn't register on the power charts...he's a fundamental...he's origin...he's one with the axis wherein all spokes align...but, I don't know if dreamtime trumps Limbo. Limbo is not so very different than dreamtime...though Limbo's songlines may be the screams that haunt in shadows, the clank of shackles and wail of ceaseless torment...they too are endless and radiate out into all times and dimensions...Illyana's ability to access anytime, anyplace, anywhere via Limbo is very much the same sort of transportive and transformative power that Gateway has - both Magik and Gateway represent the immemorial capacity all humans have to access the subconscious and manifest multiple realities. IMO...Dreamtime and Limbo are like different currents in the same ocean...Magik and Gateway are shorelines of the same sea (like all of us )
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Another good example. Isn't he only telepathic? I don't think telepaths should count. You need to be able to manipulate reality and control your own form to be a real Omega. He just fires off snarky comments and makes people think they got shot. I really wish the Cuckoos had finished him off for real. Riot at Xavier's was a fun story, but I don't need anymore of that pink haired snot.
    Quentin CAN control his own form. His physical body was destroyed by the phoenix in something or other. he stayed around as a psioinic ghost until just before Schism to be shoehorned into Aaron's book.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Quentin CAN control his own form. His physical body was destroyed by the phoenix in something or other. he stayed around as a psioinic ghost until just before Schism to be shoehorned into Aaron's book.
    First of all, he didn't do that. The Cuckoos got high on Kick and whopped his ass!

Then Beast's little pod kept him contained in the basement until the Phoenix firefly reconstituted his body.

Secondly, everyone transcends death as a psionic ghost.

If he had done all that by himself with no Beast science or Phoenix resurrections, and could do so again whenever he likes at will, that would be an Omega-level feature(like how Iceman can be blown up even in human form yet reconstitute his own body from atmospheric moisture).

10 points deduction for DurararaFTW!
    Last edited by yogaflame; 09-03-2014 at 12:33 PM.

That new guy from Xavier's Will is a confirmed Omega, actually maybe even more than that.