Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    First up Avalanche and Gorgon

FYI its on the Marvel Entertainment twitter. They released this themselves.

Attachment 122683

Im very pleased that Avalanche is with his husbro.
    Too bad I can’t read that. Never mind, saw the tinkered image, but is there a particular reason he’s wearing a tux over his costume?
    Last edited by protege; 07-11-2022 at 03:39 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Gorgon's past shocking even other villains seems about right, even if it's a new Gorgon who's a pacifist now.
    Well he is a Mark Millar villain created for a Wolverine comic in the mid 2000's, which is reflected in his appearance, choice of weapons, power set or horrible things he has done for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Speaking of characters with fandoms from animated shows, Evo really thought it was launching Avalanche into the A-List stratosphere but alas
    Evolution Avalanche was more or less Rictor with another name. As such there is little synergy with the comic version as fans of the show might not recognize the character in the comic version.

Also a notable movie or cartoon role seldomly improves the standing of C- or B-listers in the comics. It merely means more non-comic reading people will recognize them in other adapations.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Shouldn't everybody know about Gorgon, since he was part of the High Council of Hydra that ruled US? Was membership of the HC of Hydra secret?

To be fair, both Pyro and Avalanche have been dead for awhile, they might have missed it. Although Pyro has been dead much longer than Avalanche, so he'd be less likely to know. I'll assume he just picked up on some Krakoan gossip.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Too bad I can’t read that. Never mind, saw the tinkered image, but is there a particular reason he’s wearing a tux over his costume?
    Because he's classy like that.

(Or he probably couldn't get an appointment with Jumbo Carnation.)

Astonishing Member

Ha, them actually acknowledign Gorgon's past was pretty funny.

Well they certainly skimped on the fashions for the losers. :/

Agreed. Realizing that they really got lazy for gala attire for the ones that lost the vote. Avalanche and Pyro are just wearing tuxedos w costumes on? Gentle just has a wisp of black cloth and black tights? And Micromax I have not clue. I mean wow fashioniSTASSSSSS.

Agreed. Realizing that they really got lazy for gala attire for the ones that lost the vote. Avalanche and Pyro are just wearing tuxedos w costumes on? Gentle just has a wisp of black cloth and black tights? And Micromax I have not clue. I mean wow fashioniSTASSSSSS.
    even the characters are bored already by the Gala. lol

Not the 4 men in contention being out of competition already

Still rooting for Monet. She should be on every X-Men roster!

BIPoC Representation also still matters, Marvel...
    Last edited by Exodus; 07-12-2022 at 01:17 AM.

Gentle still deals with the pain after X-Men Red?

I was hoping we'd get some big panels of the Academy X-Men squads with Bling, Armor, Surge and Gentle.
    Looks like it was a temp fix. Must explain why he went back to Wakanda as a spy for more Vibranium tattoos etc

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Looks like it was a temp fix. Must explain why he went back to Wakanda as a spy for more Vibranium tattoos etc
    Status Quo Is God.

Alternatively, it was only a partial fix. Or, getting MOAR vibraniun tats was more than the fix he had could compensate for.

Headcanon however you wish...
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Well this is the direct to VHS/DVD sequel to a made for cinema movie after all, so the budget for the costumes of the extras got drastically reduced too.

Joke aside. To be fair, last's years losers wore rather mundane outfits too, unless they were part of a series which was tying into the event and even then the quality of said outfit was depending on how capable or interested those titles' artist were into creating elaborate outfits (see Banshee).

I hope we get another Secret X-Men issue with this years losers.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Haha whoever is writing these seems to have skipped right over the OG X-Men Red, unless the pain issue has returned.
    Obviously Gentle is hiding the fact that he doesn’t feel the pain anymore as an excuse NOT to use his powers because he’s a pacifist after all , it’s like Superman in the “Five for Fighting” song : “I can’t stand to fly , I’m not naive , men weren’t made to fly , with clouds between their feet…”