Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I feel like this is a stupid question because those characters play into the conventions of being a superhero. Robocop does not. If you want to look at superheroes as being anything that could be in a comic book, (and basically everything has been fit into superhero comics) then yeah, Robocop is a superhero, along with a bunch of other characters who aren't superheroes. You could also say much of the cast of Street Fighter are super heroes...they aren't, but they could fit right into Marvel and DC as well. The cat in the movie Cat's Eye? Also not a superhero.
    What was the cats super powers in Cat's Eye again?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    What was the cats super powers in Cat's Eye again?
    It could hear a little girl in need of help from across the country. So maybe it had psychic powers or something. It's also smarter than a normal cat, turning on, and then turning up a record player in it's fight with the troll.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I feel like this is a stupid question because those characters play into the conventions of being a superhero. Robocop does not. If you want to look at superheroes as being anything that could be in a comic book, (and basically everything has been fit into superhero comics) then yeah, Robocop is a superhero, along with a bunch of other characters who aren't superheroes. You could also say much of the cast of Street Fighter are super heroes...they aren't, but they could fit right into Marvel and DC as well. The cat in the movie Cat's Eye? Also not a superhero.
    What exactly are the conventions of being a superhero?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    What exactly are the conventions of being a superhero?
    I'm wondering this as well. Near as I can tell, Robocop has many elements of traditional super hero stories:

1) He has powers and abilities above and beyond normal men (bulletproof, can make shots ordinary cops can not make).
    2) He has a nemesis only he can defeat (the ED-209).
    3) He is a symbol for good (Robocop literally becomes the new face of Detroit police as he cleans up the town).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    The Incredibles, at least IMHO, is an always will be the real Fantastic Four movie.

I also liked Sky High. Probably the one superhero movie to feature Lynda Carter.
    All of this 100%

Although not a movie:

isisstone.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    One of my goto recommendations

Mr Freedom

This looks insane. I really must watch it.

At risk of derailing the thread, I tried to watch Super but it was god-awful.

"Okay, let's make our lead retarded so that we can justify him dressing up in a ridiculous costume to fight crime."
    Am I the only one who didn't find and Defendor offensive (though I lasted about 10 minutes more of Super than Defendor)?

Maybe it was just supposed to have been a comedy and I failed to find it in any way whatsoever amusing - I know the God-hero (whatever his name was) spelt this out to the viewer, but DAMN, I couldn't sit through this. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaChiba View Post
    At risk of derailing the thread, I tried to watch Super but it was god-awful.

"Okay, let's make our lead retarded so that we can justify him dressing up in a ridiculous costume to fight crime."
    Am I the only one who didn't find and Defendor offensive (though I lasted about 10 minutes more of Super than Defendor)?

Maybe it was just supposed to have been a comedy and I failed to find it in any way whatsoever amusing - I know the God-hero (whatever his name was) spelt this out to the viewer, but DAMN, I couldn't sit through this. Sorry.
    Yes it was a very dark movie with a lead character who was not particularly appealing, and it was part satire of the comics hero. So I can see how it would not be for everyone. It wasn't a completely successful movie for me, but I liked enough of it to have a positive opinion. But it's a matter of taste, can see why others didn't.