Mighty Member

Default cinematic Jason Bourne vs Jackie Chan

(with nods to Bullet Sniper)

Primary scenario:

no weapons except what they can find around them.

they are placed in a large warehouse filled with shelving, scaffolding, chairs, desks, 10-foot folding ladders, pallets of paper, one forklift, and a manual pallet jack.

which environmentally aware fighter comes out on top?

(anything and everything Jackie Chan has done that falls within 'peak human' or 'metahuman' in a live-action movie will be allowed to help compensate for Bourne's super-human damage soak)

variant scenario: Jackie is drunk. (can't believe I forgot that one, LOL)

(edited again, because I forgot my manners)
    Last edited by Totoro Man; 09-01-2014 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    no weapons except what they can find around them.

they are placed in a large warehouse filled with shelving, scaffolding, chairs, desks, 10-foot folding ladders, pallets of paper, one forklift, and a manual pallet jack.

which environmentally aware fighter comes out on top?

(anything and everything Jackie Chan has done that falls within 'peak human' or 'metahuman' in a live-action movie will be allowed to help compensate for Bourne's super-human damage soak)
    First question: Is Jackie drunk?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Mighty Member

y'know, I'm ashamed to admit I hadn't thought of that. the original idea was that anything Jackie has done in any movie would be acceptable regardless of whether he was drunk or not. but, for the sake of clarity, I added a variant scenario since it does make a big difference in terms of some of his feats... since, for some posters, it would make a difference.

'metahuman' in a live-action movie
    So he is durable enough to walk off from falling off the top of a skyscraper with mild pain, has super strength that allows him to smash through walls ala cool aid man, and has super speed to boot.

Jason is stomped utterly.

All the feats I mentioned were from "The Medallion" movie btw.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Jackie is too much for Bourne, statwise.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

y'know, I'm ashamed to admit I hadn't thought of that. the original idea was that anything Jackie has done in any movie would be acceptable regardless of whether he was drunk or not. but, for the sake of clarity, I added a variant scenario since it does make a big difference in terms of some of his feats... since, for some posters, it would make a difference.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

you had to make jackie drunk, didnt ya?

Mighty Member

I figured the Medallion would be considred prep-time or a weapon as it boosts Jackie's stats. (I haven't seen the film, but I am aware of it's existence. by that point I had mostly stopped watching his films)

Bourne is considered a nearly unstoppable beast for most street-level action heroes-- so I figured I should give Jackie some of his best stats. (if we strip away any metahuman stats does that make the fight more even?)

I figured the Medallion would be considred prep-time or a weapon as it boosts Jackie's stats. (I haven't seen the film, but I am aware of it's existence. by that point I had mostly stopped watching his films)

Bourne is considered a nearly unstoppable beast for most street-level action heroes-- so I figured I should give Jackie some of his best stats. (if we strip away any metahuman stats does that make the fight more even?)
    He didn't need the Medallion on him to make him a Superman level character. It was used on him by this special kid which in turn resurrected him and gave him super powers that will stay with him forever.

Strip away the metahuman stats and..it isn't as bad a stomp. Thing is, all the characters that Jackie has played as have high durability, taking hits from guys and rarely bleeding from it, and kicking the crap out of groups of people without a lot of hits.

A composite Jackie chan, minus the meta human characters(basically the guy you have for this rumble) is more or less comparable to Bruce Wayne in the hand to hand department. Which is a bit above Bournes pay grade.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

That's overselling Jackie - mostly due to the type of choerography they use in his films. Even mooks take like 20 hits for Jackie to finish, which isn't saying much for his striking force. Based on that kind of stuff, he might not be able to hurt Bourne.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    That's overselling Jackie - mostly due to the type of choerography they use in his films. Even mooks take like 20 hits for Jackie to finish, which isn't saying much for his striking force. Based on that kind of stuff, he might not be able to hurt Bourne.
    It depends on the movie then really. Sometimes he takes guys out with a few hits, other times it's more. It is pretty inconsistent overall.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    It depends on the movie then really. Sometimes he takes guys out with a few hits, other times it's more. It is pretty inconsistent overall.
    That's fair.

BANNED

Yeah I'm going for Jackie Chan here.

How good is Rush Hour Jackie Chan compared to all his other movie counterparts?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    Yeah I'm going for Jackie Chan here.

How good is Rush Hour Jackie Chan compared to all his other movie counterparts?
    rush hour jackie is good. drunk jackie is a monster.