Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default clamoring for X-Men in the MCU

Why are people clamoring for the X-Men in the MCU? If memory serves, X-Men: Dark Phoenix was a turd as was Fan4stic. So, I'm not quite sure why the demand is so high. I'm curious as well but I'm not in a hurry. I'm more curious to see how the street level/horror characters are brought in (Blade, Werewolf, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Daredevil)

Dark Phoenix and Fan4stic were crap because of the studio and filmmakers, not the characters. Fans of the characters are hoping Disney/Marvel will be able to do the characters justice on the big screen.

Well, we know they're starting to use them already... Doctor Strange 2 had an appearance from an AU version of Professor X. Mutants were just mentioned in Ms. Marvel as well. spoilers:
    It's suggested that Kamala IS one.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They are characters people liked and think the MCU can use better than Fox.

Whether that will happen remains to be seen.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Why do people clamor for Batman and Superman movies? Because like the X-Men, the CHARACTERS, not their last movie, are some of the most popular of their respective universes.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Why do people clamor for Batman and Superman movies? Because like the X-Men, the CHARACTERS, not their last movie, are some of the most popular of their respective universes.
    Of the 13 movies, they had 2 good ones. The rest is nostalgia and because there wasn't anything else to watch. The MCU blew the X-Men out of the water with the Avengers. That's when people realized the X-Men movies were bad in comparison.

The irony is that we were getting an X-Men movie every two years, but people still weren't satisfied.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I was going to suggest that this belongs in the X-Men forum but it's probably best you don't post this over there I think the best of the X-Men movies was the last one Hugh Jackman did witih Patrick Stewart. "Logan" I believe was the title unless I am mixing it up with something else.

BANNED

If for no other reason than the other characters and villains they bring with them. That right there is more than enough reason.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    If memory serves, X-Men: Dark Phoenix was a turd as was Fan4stic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ERON View Post
    Dark Phoenix and Fan4stic were crap because of the studio and filmmakers, not the characters. Fans of the characters are hoping Disney/Marvel will be able to do the characters justice on the big screen.

I would argue that the main problem with Dark Phoenix was that many people thought Jean was suppose to be possessed (due to common misconception about the Dark Phoenix Saga) and got confused. If you didn't believe me watch the Nostalgia Critic's review. Doug Walker makes this very mistake and he is a Rotten Tomatoes approved reviewer.

There were other misconceptions that confused people.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 07-13-2022 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I was going to suggest that this belongs in the X-Men forum but it's probably best you don't post this over there I think the best of the X-Men movies was the last one Hugh Jackman did witih Patrick Stewart. "Logan" I believe was the title unless I am mixing it up with something else.
    Yeah, it was called Logan. Third from last X-Men film overall, and Wolverine wasn't in the last two (Dark Phoenix and New Mutants).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Is Marvel going in the Secret Wars direction, with so many multiverse shenanigans? (Endgame, What If, Loki, No way home, Multiverse of Madness) If so, the X-Men series may be a perfect "Earth 2" for it. It would be better than the universe where cars stop at the green light and pizzas are balls.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    The irony is that we were getting an X-Men movie every two years, but people still weren't satisfied.
    That is because so many (especially the ones of color) were not done justice.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That is because so many (especially the ones of color) were not done justice.
    Like in the comics despite having been rebooted so many times.

Now they have an Avengers mega fan as a mutant which is an interesting turn of events given the animosity between them. She'll be the link
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 07-13-2022 at 12:18 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Not really needed to be posted in that forum. This was more of an X-Men in the MCU post

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Like in the comics despite having been rebooted so many times.

Now they have an Avengers mega fan as a mutant which is an interesting turn of events given the animosity between them. She'll be the link
    I thought Alan Cumming was great as Nightcrawler. It's a shame he had issues with the makeup. Would have loved to see his version continue. I thought his accent, look and characterization were spot on.