Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Vastly underwhelming X-team cast and crew outside of Jean, Bobby, and Josh Cassara. I want to care about Synch for black solidarity but I just don't lol. Power duplication is boring and that's what his story is about. I liked Forge as the tech guy. Magik is ok I suppose. Plots and characterization in the first season of the book were nothing, and that's saying something because all you have to do to get me halfway there is put the redhead in, but it just wasn't there.
    I agree with you that Synchs power is boring and unoriginal. It has to be, because he doesn't actually have his own powers, he just uses someone else's. In that respect he will always be the replacement or substitute with his mimicking power, and no one goes to a basketball game to see the 6th man or a baseball game to see the pinch hitter. Add to that I personally think his powers have been written pretty terribly outside the Vault story, where he really shined. We simply don't need another Jean given how powerful the original one is.

I did like what they did by making his power creep cost something. But right now that's just potential because until they get rid of Resurrection it doesn't matter if he ages. They'll just 3D print up a new Synch and no one will care.

But I love him as a character because he is just a genuinely nice and authentic guy. He is a hero for the right reason and cares about his friends and teammates. He's been a good friend and boyfriend. Frankly, he reminds me of Scott summers in the original run. I am just kinda afraid they may have him sacrifice himself again after RPs are taken out because that's who he is, and then another decades long break for a good character...
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    SO, Kev & his birth donor in disguise are now takin' a stroll, when she shockingly reveals her true, foul form... cut scene.

AND THEN... we get our 1st small glimpse, as... SHE ARRIVES!

The NEWly christened, DAUTERMAN *designed*... IRON MAIDEN, aka POLARIS, the Metal Princess!!! Fully adorned in classicly influenced & Genoshan...
    inspired blue-violet armor, 'Dark Seduction' hair & accompanying, decorative shawl, along with a signature accessory & levitating jewelry, Lorna's TRULY...

a SIGHT... to BEHOLD!!

Sorry, got distracted...
    I like your Enthusium behind Your Love for Lorna's & her look PolarIceFire, the Way the Hair Flowed with the Earings was my Favorite part her look, but indeed nothing could beat seeing both Lorna & Wanda together in the same panel You Posted in your opening page celeberating a Moment during a Celebration that was too Long in Coming, Such Positive Feels & Much Healing came from this Alone with Wanda's inclusion in this issue. :-)

It is Such Power with Love to see the Sisters Together again and drawn so well together.

Just hope they go now further with Wanda stories together with the X-Men and Krakoa.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    I agree with you that Synchs power is boring and unoriginal. It has to be, because he doesn't actually have his own powers, he just uses someone else's. In that respect he will always be the replacement or substitute with his mimicking power, and no one goes to a basketball game to see the 6th man or a baseball game to see the pinch hitter. Add to that I personally think his powers have been written pretty terribly outside the Vault story, where he really shined. We simply don't need another Jean given how powerful the original one is.

I did like what they did by making his power creep cost something. But right now that's just potential because until they get rid of Resurrection it doesn't matter if he ages. They'll just 3D print up a new Synch and no one will care.

But I love him as a character because he is just a genuinely nice and authentic guy. He is a hero for the right reason and cares about his friends and teammates. He's been a good friend and boyfriend. Frankly, he reminds me of Scott summers in the original run. I am just kinda afraid they may have him sacrifice himself again after RPs are taken out because that's who he is, and then another decades long break for a good character...
    I am glad he is getting some emphasis, but I am mostly underwhelmed by who he is, but I haven't been moved by the book in general, so maybe that's just me. We'll see what he gets up to this second year.

Honestly, I'd like to see Bishop get some play. He should be on this X-team. And Trinary instead of Magik and Firestar.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I am glad he is getting some emphasis, but I am mostly underwhelmed by who he is, but I haven't been moved by the book in general, so maybe that's just me. We'll see what he gets up to this second year.

Honestly, I'd like to see Bishop get some play. He should be on this X-team. And Trinary instead of Magik and Firestar.
    I might just be nostalgic for Synch because he was one of my favorite characters back in the day and I am really glad they've brought him back and are using him. But I agree that as much spotlight as he's gotten, it wasn't the personal character development I wanted. (Which is pretty par for the course on this run.)

I really wouldn't want to see Bishop on the main team unless he is leading it. I think his talent is wasted taking orders from Cyke. But I'd love to see Bishop get his own squad of the 'X-Kids' (my dream roster is Hellion, Surge, Mercury, Monet, and Prodigy on call to assist like a Penelope Garcia from Criminal Minds).
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

BANNED

OK... let's get back to it. Tho 2 brief, Tony & Feilong's tit for tat was a tasty morsel, an appetizer of likely, future friction to come. But *then*... *sigh*
    he conspires w/Reed, out of fear & suspicion. Not that it's unwarranted, given X & M's sketchy ways of goin' about things, but here we go once again...
    w/CONFLICTs & PLOTting!! While C.B. [I think?] & Illyana laugh mockingly in the background, mind you.

Some of y'all aren't gonna like hearin' this, but Emma & Tony... do have an interesting dynamic, and they bounce off each other well. Their bit w/Feilong was real juicy, and they got under her diamond hard skin, esp. w/that accusatory burn @ the end. Feilong's certainly a ferocious li'l bad seed, that's for sure.

Meanwhile, Parker's stuffin' pastries in his mouth when he's interrupted by Dougie, who's tryin' to escape the wildly weird & off the wall Wade. He offers up his *reading* of Peter's unease & informs him that Moira J's tapping was in fact a S.O.S. signal, so no Proteus preprogramming was enacted, it was MJ's cry for help. Spidey promptly takes off, thanking Cypher as he does.

Cut to the real Moira X verbally & emotionally abusing Kevin in the most vile, brutal manner, as she successfully triggers him to begin losing physical control of his world bending abilities. But just then Spidey arrives on the scene, and kicks "naked energy guy" right in the kisser. He tries to take the necklace off, gets fried, and Proteus is goin' ballistic. He clocks Pete & sends him sailin', then turns his attentions to the cyborg killer, birth donor, calling her out for the worthless, POS parent she's never been. Which gives ROBO-bitch the moment she's been waiting for, as the other members of his coven arrive on the scene, and she can learn their identities. But as she tries to make a hasty eXit, that old bloodhound Logan shows up & pops his [hand] pokers. She allows MJ to plea for her life, which gets him to let her go but TP'ing Jean to send... GREYCROW, to follow & not lose her. Him & Spidey soon go after them, as well.

Emma teases the Cuckoos about their destiny, runs into Reed & tries to corner him, but Hamm's @ it again 'cause he's... just a gigolo, and everywhere he goes... We get a quick shot of Kate & Frankie. NeXt it's the inevitable kiss & makeup session between her, Scott, & Jean, but Scott has to [willingly, no doubt] take a bruising 1st, w/Banshee [happily?] commiserating being on... the receiving end of it, 2. ;P She still loves him deeply, and longs for him to be by her side. Emma & Cyke, I mean. They come clean to each other, and then the party is ruined, 'cause... that turd in the punchbowl Sinister plops in, UNfashionably late as ever. And X & M are made to look worse than ever, w/the Moira secret, and Mr. Reed's fantastic mindwiping. Poor Gwenpool, she gets no respect, not even from JDW. Scott is floored, Jean soon will be, and Emma's not doing much better w/the revelation of *multiple*... Sinister... dupes?

Jean & Ev's talk about Laura, and the Vault, that was real nice & provides a li'l closure for him on that front. Sounds like he's ready to move on... *I think*

The VOTE... begins & we are @... the 1st DAUTERMAN PG., from the previews, that we or *at least me*... all drooled over.

Cut to Dr. Stasis & whatever WMD he's been workin' on.

BACK 2 the GALA, and Dauterman's most BEAUTIFUL pg. so far, where that [OP review] AMAZING Lorna & Wanda image comes from.

EVERYthing from then on was GREAT, *visually* AND otherwise, for me. Want to do more of a play by play of it, but it's late, I'm tired, so am gonna wait. For now, I'll just add that... I LOVED IT!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    I might just be nostalgic for Synch because he was one of my favorite characters back in the day and I am really glad they've brought him back and are using him. But I agree that as much spotlight as he's gotten, it wasn't the personal character development I wanted. (Which is pretty par for the course on this run.)

I really wouldn't want to see Bishop on the main team unless he is leading it. I think his talent is wasted taking orders from Cyke. But I'd love to see Bishop get his own squad of the 'X-Kids' (my dream roster is Hellion, Surge, Mercury, Monet, and Prodigy on call to assist like a Penelope Garcia from Criminal Minds).
    Being honest, the only ones I am married to on the team are Jean and now Iceman. Totally fine having Bishop replace the other "co-leader" lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    This issue really exposed how bad the writers have been at writing the Quiet Council. We keep bizarrely getting scenes about how angry Emma is at Mags and Charles for their secrets like we are actually supposed to care and sympathize or something. I get her anger but she is the wrong character to be using as a mouthpiece of indignation for lying and secrets(made even more glaring about what was said about her in an interview today). Give me a break.

Jesus Christ, what do Storm, Exodus, Kitty, Kurt Colossus( yeah I know he's compromised but he should still be faking SOME opinion) and Shaw think and feel about what Mags and Charles did with the Moira secret? The only inkling we got was an offscreen scene in the last issue of Inferno saying they all agreed with their methods(just not the secret keeping), and since then we've gotten very little to close to zilch about it. You add Scott and Jean saying they only trust Emma with the Sinister info and it just gets even more bizarre. It doesn't work because it's ignoring too much character history and not allowing us to glimpse into other characters' perspectives about what's going on. It's hurting the narrative badly.

And Moira? Wow. Talk about a disaster. It's embarrassing this got to the page. I don't know what Hickmams plans were for the character, but I do know that what we are getting with her now is dogshit. Terrible.
    Well said, it's weird to what extent writers are viewing Xavier,Magneto and Moira as one. Cool if they've decided to have her 'break' as a result of her lives(Mistque and Irene are made to look tenuous heroes) but what is this weird obsession with blighting Xavier and Magneto as nefarious co-conspirators? This is ridiculous ..even Moira states in her diaries she was manipulating Charles and Eric by attempting to break from Xavier's ethos.Writers even had Emma reveal she could see flaws or lies that Xavier couldn't.

Yes and now Emma is indignant about lies and wants Sinister dead ..gee where was all this indignation when Shaw killed Kate and she kept that from the majority of the council? Why did she keep quiet about Sinister cooking a chimera, wasn't she the one who thought it best to keep up appearances with that fiend?

The writing is contrived and a lot of it feels hollow.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

As long as we're nitpicking:

Emma and Tony used to be f*** buddies. Their conversation today implied that such intimacy had never before occurred and that they barely knew each other besides a few small interactions during crossover events.

We know why Moira hates everyone on Krakoa. They mutilated her, chased her out of her home and tried to kill her. But why does everyone hate Moira? Aside from skinning Sean, which was ultimately harmless, Bishop flat out said he wanted her dead by dawn. She technically hasn't done anything so why the vehement reaction?

Doctor Strange died while helping to protect Krakoa, so Emma's words to Clea were a little contemptible and ungrateful.

A bit meh on the team too. I'm already missing Sunfire, Rogue, and Polaris. Aside from Cyke, Sync, Iceman, Magik, and possibly Firestar, the others can be shipped off to the mojoverse never to be seen again for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    A bit meh on the team too. I'm already missing Sunfire, Rogue, and Polaris. Aside from Cyke, Sync, Iceman, Magik, and possibly Firestar, the others can be shipped off to the mojoverse never to be seen again for all I care.
    jean hater!!! ;-p

Trying to make Emma the most sympathetic member of the council and the only one who cares also doesn't work for me. It's just not believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    A fellow poster with taste. I salute you my friend.
    Last edited by Vulcansfire; 07-14-2022 at 04:01 AM.

[QUOTE=Ulysian_Thracs;6118524]I might just be nostalgic for Synch because he was one of my favorite characters back in the day and I am really glad they've brought him back and are using him. But I agree that as much spotlight as he's gotten, it wasn't the personal character development I wanted. (Which is pretty par for the course on this run.)

I really wouldn't want to see Bishop on the main team unless he is leading it. I think his talent is wasted taking orders from Cyke. But I'd love to see Bishop get his own squad of the 'X-Kids' (my dream roster is Hellion, Surge, Mercury, Monet, and Prodigy on call to assist like a Penelope Garcia from Criminal Minds).[QUOTE]

YES to this!!! I’ve been thinking if NM gets a rebrand like some of the other X-titles did, this would be a great set up featuring Bishop and the war college, ESPECIALLY because Ayala already wrote a great Bishop in Age of X-Man. You could bring back the “X-Men: Legacy” name to boost sales.

Extraordinary Member

Having Bishop replace Magik in New Mutants could be interesting. There could be a clash with Warpath over Bishop being more military minded and Jimmy wanting to teach the kids to be something other than soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Trying to make Emma the most sympathetic member of the council and the only one who cares also doesn't work for me. It's just not believable.
    There are those who are more sympathetic, but they aren't in as good a position to have an effect as Emma. Storm spends most of her time on Mars, I think Kurt is currently there as well, and neither are as good at schemes as Emma is. Kitty is also available, but she's incredibly tight with Emma and should be the first person Ms. Frost reaches out to.

Plus with Scott's history with Emma it makes sense that she would be the very first person he thinks of. Jean probably has other ideas, and we might see them as the story progresses. At least I hope so.
    Dark does not mean deep.