Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default HIGHlight!

SO, Kev & his birth donor in disguise are now takin' a stroll, when she shockingly reveals her true, foul form... cut scene.

AND THEN... we get our 1st small glimpse, as... SHE ARRIVES!

The NEWly christened, DAUTERMAN *designed*... IRON MAIDEN, aka POLARIS, the Metal Princess!!! Fully adorned in classicly influenced & Genoshan...
    inspired blue-violet armor, 'Dark Seduction' hair & accompanying, decorative shawl, along with a signature accessory & levitating jewelry, Lorna's TRULY...

a SIGHT... to BEHOLD!!

Sorry, got distracted...

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Okay, but I remember most of the making characters into massive jerks from the mini. That’s where we got that really stupid line from Cyclops.
    Is it the one where he says that Valeria is basically a stray that can't be in Krakoa?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Scott hates Nightcrawler and has been awkward around 'Ro since she kicked his ass when he was possessed. He was the defacto ruler of mutantkind for years, and has a loooong history of rejecting anyone else' authority. Remember, CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT
    I mean, he was on talking terms with Nightcrawler just fine back when they were watching the Crucible lol.

Even if Nightcrawler and Storm aren't willing to talk with Cyke, at least it'd be logical for Storm to talk with Jean, and it's weird for Nightcrawler, Storm and Kitty all stay quiet about Moira, (Hope as well, but at least she just learned of it), if we don't consider it bizarre enough that Quiet Council didn't tell such a huge information to the fucking captains.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Queue sinister being the 101st Eternal. dum dum duuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmm.
    Oooooh.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    And to be honest, I don't understand this whole " mutants crave immortality" thing.
    You mentioned you might pick up some trades so definitely get House of X/Powers of X if you do. You'll get Proteus, Moira, and why the resurrection protocols were created. It's not so much craving immortality, it's to bring back the millions of mutants they lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    He doesn't even really use the character anyway...
    Haha yup. Nice to see ya, Crimz!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Oooooh.

You mentioned you might pick up some trades so definitely get House of X/Powers of X if you do. You'll get Proteus, Moira, and why the resurrection protocols were created. It's not so much craving immortality, it's to bring back the millions of mutants they lost.

Haha yup. Nice to see ya, Crimz!
    I started looking on Amazon, but exactly how many books do I need to get?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I started looking on Amazon, but exactly how many books do I need to get?
    Those two minis are interlocked and the best place to start, 6 issues each. They ushered in this new Krakoa era and explain how Moira, Proteus and others are back.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

They better not have killed MJ is all i will say, and if they did they damn well better bring her back non mutant be dammed!

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    SO, Kev & his birth donor in disguise are now takin' a stroll, when she shockingly reveals her true, foul form... cut scene.

AND THEN... we get our 1st small glimpse, as... SHE ARRIVES!

The NEWly christened, DAUTERMAN *designed*... IRON MAIDEN, aka POLARIS, the Metal Princess!!! Fully adorned in classicly influenced & Genoshan...
    inspired blue-violet armor, 'Dark Seduction' hair & accompanying, decorative shawl, along with a signature accessory & levitating jewelry, Lorna's TRULY...

a SIGHT... to BEHOLD!!

Sorry, got distracted...
    Ok tea I did really like Polaris’ look. It wasn’t very flashy but I like it when they give her some purple to break up the green. Hopefully we find out where she’s headed next soon!

Well, on the positive side, we did not get a ton of useless side issues about an event that can be told in a single one...as for the issue itself, it was pretty meh for me and i was actually expecting the Eternals to off teh five at teh end of this though now i am VERY worried about MJ with that scene where Robo Moira is washing BLOODY hands in the sink.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

gonna miss polaris and rogue on the team
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Duggan really likes Emma lol Having Scarlet Witch announce the team was a lovely detail.

I'm on board with the new team outside of Havok who I'm not a big a fan of, love everyone else tho, hopefully he actually uses them all instead of just focusing on 2-3 characters!

Astonishing Member

Also, ngl, its really kinda bizarre to see them try and make a thing out of a largely non-canon offpanel friendship with Bobby and Angelica, when he would have had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more content, history and dynamics with two of the leaving team members, either Lorna OR Rogue.

Its like Duggan being all "look at the dynamic between Bobby and Firestar" and meanwhile my head is turned in the direction of Lorna and Rogue walking away, like "wait, no, come back."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Also, ngl, its really kinda bizarre to see them try and make a thing out of a largely non-canon offpanel friendship with Bobby and Angelica, when he would have had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more content, history and dynamics with two of the leaving team members, either Lorna OR Rogue.

Its like Duggan being all "look at the dynamic between Bobby and Firestar" and meanwhile my head is turned in the direction of Lorna and Rogue walking away, like "wait, no, come back."
    They did interact in Amazing X-Men when Angelica and Bobby were on that team together. But yeah....she has been more often used outside X-Books.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post

They teamed up a few times with Spidey, even dated briefly once, but uh, yeah, only really happened whenever Marvel was on a mood to reference that Amazing Friends cartoon, which's not much, there must be like 10 issues with those lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Vastly underwhelming X-team cast and crew outside of Jean, Bobby, and Josh Cassara. I want to care about Synch for black solidarity but I just don't lol. Power duplication is boring and that's what his story is about. I liked Forge as the tech guy. Magik is ok I suppose. Plots and characterization in the first season of the book were nothing, and that's saying something because all you have to do to get me halfway there is put the redhead in, but it just wasn't there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    They teamed up a few times with Spidey, even dated briefly once, but uh, yeah, only really happened whenever Marvel was on a mood to reference that Amazing Friends cartoon, which's not much, there must be like 10 issues with those lol.
    Yeah like, they had some cute moments in Sina Grace's solo and the Amazing X-Men run, so I mean, its not like it never happened, its just....a drop in the bucket compared to his history with two of last year's team, so I'm just like.....I don't really buy that Bobby would have been gravitating to hang out with Angelica all night when like, a changing of the guard moment between last year's lineup and this year's, with Bobby interacting with two of his oldest friends while they had a 'passing the torch' moment.....would've been like...right there. Like I said, its just another one of those things that feels forced whereas IMO the latter would've felt more organic. But oh well. I'm aware that element of things is entirely subjective.