Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I later realized Jordan addressed this in today's interview:

Jordan: "I think that Moira’s plan there is to ruin resurrection by messing with Proteus. And I think what he gleans from that is 100% true. She was never a real mother to him. She never really cared about him in the way she should have. And the fact that she is willing to just blow him up, to turn him into an obstacle for mutantkind for her own gain just proves it. So thankfully it didn’t work, but I think if this had gone as she hoped, I mean, you probably would’ve had a rampaging Proteus in the middle of the Gala turning everybody into spaghetti or whatever."

It's true that an unhinged Proteus can be a scary Proteus.
    That doesn't explain why Moira seemed satisfied... like "mission accomplished" at the end of the book...

Spectacular Member

Maybe she was a distraction so Feilong can plant whatever that bomb thing Dr. Stasis was activating towards the end of the issue

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Nope, Clea got the response she deserved. I like Clea but it wasn't missed on me she tried to intimidate emma with those images of those elder gods and stuff in the background. That's not the way to ask for a favor.
    Oh, Watson, Watson, Watson, you innocent fool! Emma is an old hand at using horrific imagery to lend weight to an argument.

"A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member

Oh god do we need to bring up the entire "Avengers never show up for anything because they hate mutantkind" thing again. GAAAH

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    You know.

After reading Tony and Reeds discussion for what Charles and Erik did. I can't help but think a Avengers/FF vs X-Men is coming soon.
    That discussion should have happened a year ago, during the previous gala... why did Reed wait so long to tell other heroes...?

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    That discussion should have happened a year ago, during the previous gala... why did Reed wait so long to tell other heroes...?
    Maybe Reed forgot. But I mean it should be water under the Bridge since Kate is going to help get his Memories back...that's if she hasn't already done so.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Maybe Reed forgot. But I mean it should be water under the Bridge since Kate is going to help get his Memories back...that's if she hasn't already done so.
    That doesn't change the fact that Xavier can't be trusted, and people should be on guard around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Oh god do we need to bring up the entire "Avengers never show up for anything because they hate mutantkind" thing again. GAAAH
    The Avengers have save all mutants countless times: Every time they have saved Earth from aliens, demons, robots, time-traveling conquerors...etc., they have saved mutants too.

And the argument goes both ways: Where were the X-Men during the Skrull-Kree war? Or when Kang attacked Earth with a giant spaceship? Or when Ultron almost conquers Earth (and killed Hank Pym)? Or when Terminus attacked Earth?

Not to mention Emma made a deal with Hydra during Empyre, and only turned against them when HydraCap refused to leave New Tien alone... otherwise, she would have sit it out while Hydra slaughtered all opposition...
    Last edited by Habis; 07-13-2022 at 02:40 PM.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

That doesn't change the fact that Xavier can't be trusted, and people should be on guard around him.
    Oh, sure you can never trust Charles.

This issue really exposed how bad the writers have been at writing the Quiet Council. We keep bizarrely getting scenes about how angry Emma is at Mags and Charles for their secrets like we are actually supposed to care and sympathize or something. I get her anger but she is the wrong character to be using as a mouthpiece of indignation for lying and secrets(made even more glaring about what was said about her in an interview today). Give me a break.

Jesus Christ, what do Storm, Exodus, Kitty, Kurt Colossus( yeah I know he's compromised but he should still be faking SOME opinion) and Shaw think and feel about what Mags and Charles did with the Moira secret? The only inkling we got was an offscreen scene in the last issue of Inferno saying they all agreed with their methods(just not the secret keeping), and since then we've gotten very little to close to zilch about it. You add Scott and Jean saying they only trust Emma with the Sinister info and it just gets even more bizarre. It doesn't work because it's ignoring too much character history and not allowing us to glimpse into other characters' perspectives about what's going on. It's hurting the narrative badly.

And Moira? Wow. Talk about a disaster. It's embarrassing this got to the page. I don't know what Hickmams plans were for the character, but I do know that what we are getting with her now is dogshit. Terrible.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Reed hired Kitty to steal the knowledge back. And then that plotline vanished.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

That doesn't explain why Moira seemed satisfied... like "mission accomplished" at the end of the book...
    You're right but then I realized she returned with that 'tude after whatever happens in ASM (with presumably MJ's blood on her hands), so she probably inflicted some kind of damage that made her giddy.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    It's obvious that Gerry Duggan loves Synch but I felt he should also go and let the other X-members shine for 12 months.

Everyone should go except for the core two members which are Scott and Jean.

Letting Firestar be an X-Man doesn't make sense when there are more worthy people that should be on the team.
    Firestar won the fan vote. She's actually the one person Duggan didn't have a choice in putting on the team

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Reed hired Kitty to steal the knowledge back. And then that plotline vanished.
    it didn't vanish its just slowly playing out. reed shows up at the beginning of the issue examining a krakoan gate, which was given to him by kate to figure out why she cant get through them

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    it didn't vanish its just slowly playing out. reed shows up at the beginning of the issue examining a krakoan gate, which was given to him by kate to figure out why she cant get through them
    It was kinda cool seeing him tinkering with the gate because I had completely forgot about that.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It was kinda cool seeing him tinkering with the gate because I had completely forgot about that.
    yea i also forgot she gave him the flowers at the end of marauders so i was looking a that panel thinking how does he have a gate