Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Tbh, Moira has gone so ridiculous that at this point I've half-convinced myself that maybe she IS playing the long con and going over the top to convince Orchis she's with them and bring them down on the inside, since she doesn't trust Xavier, Magneto or the rest of Krakoa to get the job done. (I don't actually think that's where they're going with her, its just honestly easier to read her and get through her scenes when I pretend that's the real subtext, instead of trying to take it all at face value. hfaklhfslahflka)
    At least this is a potential retcon that a future writer could use to fix this mess.

lol sorry, I take it back. I did not know Jon Hamm is Dolly Parton-level-good and hyped these days.

Astonishing Member

Allright with the quaterly Hellfire Gala is over, we now only need to sit through an event dedicated to a group of super beings most readers can't seemingly give a damn about (movie or not) which will slow down most of the line for a month, until the interesting titles are hopefully back to their own stories and we might see some new titles which could be interesting again.

Onwards!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I kind of love Moira’s heel turn. The X-men always need more villains. She’s proving to be a pretty good one.
    I disagree. The convulted retcon which brought her back in first place allready turned her into an "In name only" incarnation of the character, essentialy being an entirely new one with classic era name and face badly glued on in an attempt to give her a legitimacy without the effort to establish a character from ground up.

The same lack of effort then also went into further establishing her as a villain, with the end result, in my opinion providing nothing of more value than what was allready present in the villains established or assembled since the creation of this entire status quo, which is not a lot.

The writers now aren't proving her to be any more competent or interesting than anyone else of the anti-mutant villains assembled for the current era. Especialy since any victory of the villains is currently not achieved by a demonstration of their qualities but by sabotaging the capability of the heros, making them look worse rather than the villains better.

This era is for most parts a wasteland of good villains, because too many writers are either going for the lowest common denominator (aliens, monsters, anti-mutant biggots) with new ones, which are as quickly dealt with as they are introduced, or they can't use them because they also decided to turn most of the mutant villains into second hand allies for the heros, further robbing not only many current title of quality opposition, but it also robbing these normaly villainous of characters of progression or reinforcement.

Because when the story is split between what the heros do and what the villains do, both sides can have equal amount of progression or development.

But even as a villain Moira X is not profiting from that. So again, i can't help but disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    What an amazing comic. I enjoyed it like I haven't done for a long time. I hope Emma's decision with Firestar and Scott's with Forge to "Turn people we've let down into friends" go well for them, but I don't know how it will go with Stark and Xavier influencing it.

I love Jean and Scott's implication of "Clearly democracy is best, but if we try to do a coup things can get ugly. Let's do it with the X-Men little by little until the idea becomes inevitable." They want to reform the government of Krakoa but they want to avoid drastic conflicts.
    This to me is the most interesting thing, this slow-burn coup.

But I do agree with Proxy in that they might as well take the heroes off the council for this political intrigue stuff to work. Emma is perfect for playing down the middle.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

amen, Grunty. perfectly put. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    My problem with Moira in this issue is that she was f@#$%n dumb to expose herself like that! The way she approached Proteus was just not realistic for someone who is next level genius and could've milked working from the shadows for much longer and more effectively. I know they have to find a way to give the Xmen a heads up so they don't lose, but at least let your villians whose main power is being really smart actually be written smartly, IMO.
    Yup, I don't really get what she was going for here. Just to upset Kevin and possibly get him to lash out? She returned to Orchis all "mission accomplished" but what exactly did she accomplish?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

not a fan of the new team feels like they were made for that dark web crossover more than anything.

also i assume jon hamms use with emma was in reference to january jones, who played emma in first class and betty draper in mad men, jon hamms wife

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

But I do agree with Proxy in that they might as well take the heroes off the council for this political intrigue stuff to work. Emma is perfect for playing down the middle.
    The issue is, knowing comics, it will be the 2030s. Before this coup even happens

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    There are so many new villains that one can create.

To rewrite everything Claremont wrote about Moira just doesn't make sense.

Claremont must be furious right now.
    If Claremont is furious that things have changed about his superhero comics:
    1) he shouldn't have written superhero comics because things are always changing.
    2) he shouldn't have changed things other people wrote, something he did all the time.

I'm sick of anything Claremont wrote having to be treated like the Bible.

Astonishing Member

Yup, I don't really get what she was going for here. Just to upset Kevin and possibly get him to lash out? She returned to Orchis all "mission accomplished" but what exactly did she accomplish?
    It’s going to be revealed on ten issues she infected the entire island with Beast’s stupid Terra Verde plant crap. Maybe it will finally get him fired

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    lol sorry, I take it back. I did not know Jon Hamm is Dolly Parton-level-good and hyped these days.
    No one is as good as the queen of Nashville! Hamm just seems like a really nice guy is all. If there's a madman bro you should step on, it's that asshole, Vincent Kartheiser.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    If Claremont is furious that things have changed about his superhero comics:
    1) he shouldn't have written superhero comics because things are always changing.
    2) he shouldn't have changed things other people wrote, something he did all the time.

I'm sick of anything Claremont wrote having to be treated like the Bible.
    To be fair, Claremont's writing is being treated like the Bible by current writers as well- they are picking and choosing what they like and omitting and giving dubious re-readings to what they don't, just like every religion does.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    not a fan of the new team feels like they were made for that dark web crossover more than anything.

also i assume jon hamms use with emma was in reference to january jones, who played emma in first class and betty draper in mad men, jon hamms wife
    Can't believe I missed that obvious connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    No one is as good as the queen of Nashville! Hamm just seems like a really nice guy is all. If there's a madman bro you should step on, it's that asshole, Vincent Kartheiser.
    I'm afraid to ask in this #Metoo age, but what did Kartheiser do now?

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

PHEW! This was A LOT.

I really enjoyed Steve Rogers conversation with Emma. I thought that was very insightful.

I wanted MORE with the 3-way conversation between Emma + Tony Stark + Feilong. It was slightly boring.

Tony Starks conversation with Reed worries me. Because now it seems like Avengers/FF vs X-Men will be coming soon. However, mind wiping Reed IMO was a good idea.

Dr. Doom acted VERY strange i'm guessing that was a Doombot. And lastly the Voting was terrible. People joinging the Team out of being petty or simply "well if she/he joins i'm joining too".

Anyway, Good Gala few things to nickpick, but good. I think if Storm attended the Gala her Conversation with Feilong would have been GREAT.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    To be fair, Claremont's writing is being treated like the Bible by current writers as well- they are picking and choosing what they like and omitting and giving dubious re-readings to what they don't, just like every religion does.

Can't believe I missed that obvious connection.

I'm afraid to ask in this #Metoo age, but what did Kartheiser do now?
    Apparently, he was a complete bag of douchery during his time on Titans. The staff hated working with him, the cast hated being around him, and he got investigated twice for "misconduct." They had to hire an onset-monitor specifically to watch his behavior during filming. And also to make sure he bathed.*

Okay, that last one I made up, but I thought it was funny.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

On the other hand, as the coup reaches its conclusion; I’d absolutely love for Scott to walk up to the council, say ‘To me my x-men’ and Kurt, Kate, Storm and probably Emma are immediately at his side.