Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Wolverine 23 welcome to the xaver Institute

So the Sidri from gigant size xmen were evicted for the danger story, oh and some guys were being murderer their but hank said that's not their problem and probably not important.

Blind all has cancer waid want Krakoa drugs to help her / let waid rub logans ass.

There attacked by the cast of gigant sized xmen ?

Turns out having adamantium bones isn't good when standing on a rotted wooden floor, they fall through.

Danger made her own xmen family and had a kid with mecha Xavier to handle the xmen abanding her, wants logan to stay for dinner, there having fired wolverine.

Waid comes in with a cable sized gun to save the day, but turns out it's just a big gun sized toster.

Danger had enough and just throws him and waid in to a magnetized blender, shredding his ligaments turning him and waid to past killing them... but they survived

And they merge in to a hybrid creature , danger wants them to leave her family alone and they do.

Al lives, and waid joins xforce so he can rub logans ass or greatness.

So that's it. Danger has a family in the Xavier institute and might be eating any people who come in and isn't stopping that so go good guys ?

(Seriously what's with female xmen character coming back and eating people, I mean first nature girl and now this, is fire star a canable now I mean she'll always have a hot meal but it's so odd that it's happening)
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 07-13-2022 at 11:04 AM.

This was a fun arc and the Adam Kubert art was awesome. I really thought Percy had a good handle on Wade’s personality, and am glad Logan caved and allowed him to join up with X-Force. Nothing groundbreaking here, but I enjoyed it more than most comics that came out this week.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

BANNED

I have to say Kubert is really putting effort in this book. I heard that he said he took all the references from Mobius.
    It's kinda of astonishing of how much he has been held up to this character for so many years

I thought this was the best X-book of the week. Marauders was really good as well but the Gala and Immortal were a bit of a let down for me. I think it’s because I expected more from those 2 titles and they both were basically set up issues for Judgement Day. New Mutants was okay but not as good as this.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Agreed. Most enjoyable read of the week for me too for same reasons you stated, Wolverine12. The only thing I didn’t love was Logan and Wade merging together as they healed, simply because it was a complete ripoff of when Cable and Deadpool did it waaay back in the first arc of Nicieza’s Cable & Deadpool series. This merging of their DNA is what caused them to be stuck together because whenever Nathan went to bodyslide his AI couldn’t distinguish between them and ended up teleporting both from wherever they were to the same destination. It was a fun concept that bound the characters together forever in the eyes of fans as one of the all time great comic book duos.

This felt like Percy trying to play homage to that, but also trying to use it to bond Logan and Wade in similar fashion. So it felt a bit cheap to me, as a Cable fan. Maybe that’s because Logan seems to have stolen a lot of Nathan’s raison d’etre over the years… from taking over X-Force to his stint as Old Man Logan where he was displaced in time and taking out future threats from his timeline. This felt like yet another example of Wolverine appropriating his schtick… which is probably fair on some level because Rob Liefeld was trying to create another “man of mystery” badass soldier archetype when he created Cable in the first place. He’s essentially said as much, that he was trying to create another Wolverine for the X-books when he came up with Cable.

But I digress. Overall I really enjoyed the issue, aside from that one nitpick.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 07-13-2022 at 04:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

What happened with Danger? She was allowed to live in the mansion? is she to be considered an insane villain now? who fathered the robot child?

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    What happened with Danger? She was allowed to live in the mansion? is she to be considered an insane villain now? who fathered the robot child?
    They let her go, it wasn’t really clear if she stayed at the mansion or left. She also built her family. I think Percy should revisit this story down the line and bring Danger to Krakoa. Couldn’t hurt to have her when the machines come knocking.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Apparently Madison Jefferies brought her onto Krakao proper and it wretched and rejected her (Krakoa apparently dislikes humans and machines). Jeffries was tossed into the pit for violating the rule to respect the sacred land. This story basically shows where Danger has gone.

IMO, I'm not surprised they toss Danger away in this era. Krakoa is expressly anti-technology and the official Krakoan position on tech and AI is automatic destruction in almost all instances. I hope Danger gets to live the quiet life she wished for here.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Apparently Madison Jefferies brought her onto Krakao proper and it wretched and rejected her (Krakoa apparently dislikes humans and machines). Jeffries was tossed into the pit for violating the rule to respect the sacred land. This story basically shows where Danger has gone.

IMO, I'm not surprised they toss Danger away in this era. Krakoa is expressly anti-technology and the official Krakoan position on tech and AI is automatic destruction in almost all instances. I hope Danger gets to live the quiet life she wished for here.
    Definitely one of the seriously messed up things about the Krakoa era is its treatment of both cyborg and machine characters. Like, the X-Men just seem to outright ignore these characters who had been friends and allies only for them to show up having completely lost it and the X-Men just kinda shrug and move on with their day.

I’m surprised Logan didn’t think to try and recruit her to support X-Force, perhaps even continuing to allow her to operate from the mansion and using it as a safe house. Old school X-Force had all sorts of hidey holes and safe houses.

My hope is that down the line their backs are to the wall and we find out that he has kept lines of communication open with Danger, and she bails them out or offers them some key intel or something like that. Would be a cool moment that shows Logan as a competent leader and mutant spymaster.

I haven't read this but I do have a question if anyone cares to answer as I'm not too verse on warlock but I don't understand what makes warlock so different from danger? Or the mutant machine baby nanny was trying to save before she found out it was programmed to kill mutants. Danger was basically treated as a mutant and I agree there is really no way to wank danger treatment. I mean couldn't forge fit her with some krakoan tech or warlock with the same stuff he put into krakoa.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

There’s really not much distinction. Both are sentient alien machine life. Warlock is obviously a member of the Technarchy, which is an offshoot of the Phalanx. So you’d think he’d be even more of a potential threat to the mutants than Danger, who was a subservient AI that Xavier kept in servitude for decades. So the only answer for why she wasn’t allowed on Krakoa would seem to be because Charles is a prick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    There’s really not much distinction. Both are sentient alien machine life. Warlock is obviously a member of the Technarchy, which is an offshoot of the Phalanx. So you’d think he’d be even more of a potential threat to the mutants than Danger, who was a subservient AI that Xavier kept in servitude for decades. So the only answer for why she wasn’t allowed on Krakoa would seem to be because Charles is a prick.
    That's what i was thinking. Sounds like this one falls on all the x-men, especially the council. Thanks for the response.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm honestly disgusted by the way Danger has been treated by the people who should be a family to her. She didn't owe the X-Men a thing after having been their slave for most of her life, yet still remained loyal to them and did everything to earn their trust and friendship, including sacrificing herself (temporarily) to ensure their survival. It's doubtful Krakoa or mutants would even exist if it hadn't been for her help.

It gets worse considering there isn't even a good reason they exiled her. Between Arakko, their space stations, or any of the other islands they own, there are countless ways they could have kept her included even without housing her on Krakoa. Instead it comes off as a flimsy excuse to get rid of her.
    And given the Moira retcon, it makes one wonder if Charles and Erik ever really saw her as a person during all that time they relied on her help before moving to Krakoa, or just a useful tool to be disposed of once she had outlived her usefulness.

I hope we get to see more from her perspective in a future story. LaValle’s upcoming Exiles series seems like a fitting place for her to show up again. She’s obviously not coping well, and if anyone could get through to her, it’s probably Jeffries.

I really, really like this book. Actually been my favorite X-Book for a while, until X-Men Red came out. I actually loved this arc with Deadpool. Thought it was done well.

I just think Percy is doing such a good job of telling some great stories of Wolverine. Has such a good feel to it. All while still planting seeds for future stories. At the very least he's leaving just enough open to future adversaries like Solemn, Danger and now Maverick.