Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Feel this issue only seemed slow in comparison to the other issues -- pick a random issue of Hickman X-Men and it likely did less than this by miles. Some big reveals here, the largest being that Sinister didn't know about Dr. Stasis, and had never learned about him in any of the timelines he'd visited so far. I also like that they are not playing coy at all about the implication that there's a Heart and Spade sinister out there somewhere. Sort of iffy on Emma's decision to use this information in the manner she did but I appreciated the character insight we got on her. The tidbit about the potential of using resurrection for elite humans to secure alliances was particularly interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Feel this issue only seemed slow in comparison to the other issues -- pick a random issue of Hickman X-Men and it likely did less than this by miles. Some big reveals here, the largest being that Sinister didn't know about Dr. Stasis, and had never learned about him in any of the timelines he'd visited so far. I also like that they are not playing coy at all about the implication that there's a Heart and Spade sinister out there somewhere. Sort of iffy on Emma's decision to use this information in the manner she did but I appreciated the character insight we got on her. The tidbit about the potential of using resurrection for elite humans to secure alliances was particularly interesting.
    These aren't big reveals though. They are new plots. The only actual reveal was the sinsiter is dr. statis. The clone thing, new, moira 180, kind of new, hope on the council but then not being able to be at council meetings because she has to hide away feels convenient. Nevermind... sign off time. lol Even the person killing themselves to be resurrected as a mutate was beyond heavy handed to add forced sympathy.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Why doesn't this thread have more pages, being the hands-down best mutant book (closely followed by red) so far, yet there are plenty of pages from the boring Hellfire gala, and the even more boring lineup (except Magik and Havok them are cool ) from DugganZzzzz's X-men.

Astonishing Member

My biggest gripe is that I wish writers constantly harping on how lonely and aloof Emma is would bother acknowledging that she has at least one sibling alive and well, and who she always valued and connected with emotionally.

Romantic connections and younger generations of mutants are not the only attachments Emma has, or is capable of.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Why doesn't this thread have more pages, being the hands-down best mutant book (closely followed by red) so far, yet there are plenty of pages from the boring Hellfire gala, and the even more boring lineup (except Magik and Havok them are cool ) from DugganZzzzz's X-men.
    Because the other books contains places to smack down Firestar and the Avengers.

Also because Hellfire Gala is a rarer event, people want to know about the upcoming crossover, etc.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    My biggest gripe is that I wish writers constantly harping on how lonely and aloof Emma is would bother acknowledging that she has at least one sibling alive and well, and who she always valued and connected with emotionally.

Romantic connections and younger generations of mutants are not the only attachments Emma has, or is capable of.
    She does acknowledge how important her children are to her, be it her actual children or the kids of Krakoa.

But yeah… everyone seems to forget Christian exists. Other than turning Bobby into a bottom and kind of sort of dying during the first Gala, he’s just been background fodder

Astonishing Member

Also, can I just say the way my 'throw Sinister in the Pit' energy has taken the most radical of 180 degree turns ever since Sabretooth #5 had them all eyeing the empty throne down in the Pit and saying how much they didn't want to see what kind of Krakoan underworld Nanny might accidentally create were she to be left to sit on that throne?

Like......keep Sinister OUT of that Pit now, the last thing anyone needs is him crowning himself king of Hell down there and sitting on that throne. But I really do think that's where they're headed with him, he's going to become the Krakoan equivalent of Mephisto.

That should totally end well for everyone.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Also, can I just say the way my 'throw Sinister in the Pit' energy has taken the most radical of 180 degree turns ever since Sabretooth #5 had them all eyeing the empty throne down in the Pit and saying how much they didn't want to see what kind of Krakoan underworld Nanny might accidentally create were she to be left to sit on that throne?

Like......keep Sinister OUT of that Pit now, the last thing anyone needs is him crowning himself king of Hell down there and sitting on that throne. But I really do think that's where they're headed with him, he's going to become the Krakoan equivalent of Mephisto.

That should totally end well for everyone.
    I do love how Doug’s attempt to be the loyal opposition has thus far mostly resulted in making things actively worse for Krakoa throughout this tale. Just, I would trust essentially most of the rest of the New Mutants cast in that role over Doug, and he’s certainly showing why.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The ONLY thing of interest to me in this issue was is Krakoa male or female. The machine that is earth says male, and well the machine knows everything but characters repeatedly call Krakoa she. So which is it? Other than that the rest is exactly what i anticipated after reading issue 1 so nothing really new to add.

Oh and i love how maraduers basically trounces on the idea that all mutants have deviant DNA. Good look Orlando. ^_^
    Krakoa is male as indictated in that X-Men issue where He reconnects with Arakko for the first time in millennia and She rejects him....or rather they reject each other becoming disconnected over the time spent apart. The way Noto illustrated them gave them distinct masculine and feminine designs and details.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-13-2022 at 05:07 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I quite enjoyed this issue more than the previous three...yes, because Emma is the focus but most likely because Essex's days are numbered. And I really do prefer Bandini's art to Lukas'.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Why is it that whenever Genosha is brought up, they talk like it was humans who nuked it? Like ****, that was Cassandra Nova lol.

At least Emma does mention shitty **** humans did after it was nuked, but, again, the one who did the killing wasn't a human.

Also honestly, with how much focus Sinister got in other characters' issues, that makes me wonder if he should have gotten a chapter at all, while other characters get focus to show their mentality and whatever, it's his story that keeps advancing, at least so far.

There's also a throwaway line that implies there are two more Sinisters out there, wonder what that's hinting.

Oh well, this was fun interesting enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Why is it that whenever Genosha is brought up, they talk like it was humans who nuked it? Like ****, that was Cassandra Nova lol.

At least Emma does mention shitty **** humans did after it was nuked, but, again, the one who did the killing wasn't a human.

Also honestly, with how much focus Sinister got in other characters' issues, that makes me wonder if he should have gotten a chapter at all, while other characters get focus to show their mentality and whatever, it's his story that keeps advancing, at least so far.

There's also a throwaway line that implies there are two more Sinisters out there, wonder what that's hinting.

Oh well, this was fun interesting enough.
    The Sinister also known as Dr. Stasis has a club on the center of his forehead so with this Sinister having a diamond, there's the assumption there are two others wearing a heart and a spade.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The Sinister also known as Dr. Stasis has a club on the center of his forehead so with this Sinister having a diamond, there's the assumption there are two others wearing a heart and a spade.
    Yep, the line I was talking about implied that, maybe AXE will show a third Sinister? Diamond Sinister did just get kidnapped soon after he learned of Stasis after all, that could be another Sinister's doing who was keeping watch on Krakoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

I thought this issue and HG were underwhelming. Both basically were set up for Judgement Day, and this character story for Emma has been done before. I wouldn't call either issue bad, just not what I expected.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yep, the line I was talking about implied that, maybe AXE will show a third Sinister? Diamond Sinister did just get kidnapped soon after he learned of Stasis after all, that could be another Sinister's doing who was keeping watch on Krakoa.
    There was another book released this week that revealed what happened to him so just in case, spoilers:
    it was the Eternals of Celestia that kidnapped him for information to help them create a god. Plot twist!
    end of spoilers
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!