Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I’m not going to lie, I do love the Moira clones for bringing a truth to bear: In this era Moira honestly isn’t that different from a plot device. And now she literally is a plot device
    I'd take an island full of Moira clones over an 'evil for no reason' robot Moira. I will admit though, I love how Scottish she got in this week's comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    No, Sinister's kidnapping was spoilers:
    due to the Eternals, in the Judgment Day prologue issue.
    end of spoilers

I'm kinda expecting an eventual reveal that Orbis Stellaris over in X-Men Red is the Spade Sinister, perhaps a refugee from Moira's last lifetime, who came through the singularity that resulted from his omega chimeras turning Mars into a black hole. Perhaps he found himself in this new timeline and took off for space to build a power base on the Galactic Rim, using his genetic know-how to build genetically engineered mercenary armies for sale.

There would be a certain symmetry in the Sinister who betrayed mutants and destroyed Mars in the previous timeline being one of the primary ongoing threats to mutants on Mars in this timeline. Presumably that Sinister would be a mutant too, to have partaken in Krakoa in the previous timeline, which would leave us with two mutant Sinisters, one Krakoan aligned and one focused on Arakko, and then Dr. Stasis as a human Sinister (and presumably the one Irene interacted with in the flashback to the 1920s in Immortal X-Men #1, thus why the Krakoan Sinister seemed to have no memory of that interaction between them).

Which leaves the heart Sinister, and I wouldn't put it past the writers to try and sell that as 'the one good Sinister' who one of the others locked away in some basement somewhere before his bleeding heart like, fucked up one of the other Sinister's experiments or got in their way.
    Yep I said the same on an X-Men thread after the Stasis is Sinister reveal, would make a lot of sense and connect the story arcs of Moira's lives if club Sinister is Essex from life 9 who got to life 10b through the omega chimera induced singularity(and the Sinister executed by the machines in his place was one of his clones or a shape shifter in that life)

Did that heffa really have the nerve to throw blood on Emma?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Not much happening. Sinister being kidnapped kinda came out of no where. Sinister confirming other versions of him existing as a deck of cards was disappointing. The Diamond and Club versions are more than enough imo.

The X office seemed to forget that the Genosha attack was caused by a mutant.

The Resurrection Protocol reveal was underwhelming in both this issue and the HG issue. The reactions are pretty similar to that of the readers lol

Gillen's Emma is superior to Duggan's, way superior.

Overall a much better issue than the HFG.
    Last edited by Vulcansfire; 07-14-2022 at 01:13 AM.

1.) Cassandra Nova is something else than a mutant, and B) the weapons used are human made machines to specifically attack, police, and kill mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcansfire View Post
    Not much happening. Sinister being kidnapped kinda came out of no where. Sinister confirming other versions of him existing as a deck of cards was disappointing. The Diamond and Spade versions are more than enough imo.

The Resurrection Protocol reveal was underwhelming in both this issue and the HG issue. The reactions are pretty similar to that of the readers lol

Agreed With this.

i do find it funny that anything good with the book is gillien like ignoring certain stories or all the retcons that make the council or mutants look bad but things deemed bad by some like blaming humans for genosha or reminding of it is on the x-office despite gillen writing. lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    i do find it funny that anything good with the book is gillien like ignoring certain stories or all the retcons that make the council or mutants look bad but things deemed bad by some like blaming humans for genosha or reminding of it is on the x-office despite gillen writing. lol.
    True but to be fair to my comment above, even Hickman blamed humans for the Genosha attack and I say that as a Hickman fanboy. Kinda the reason I lumped them all together.
    Last edited by Vulcansfire; 07-14-2022 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    1.) Cassandra Nova is something else than a mutant, and B) the weapons used are human made machines to specifically attack, police, and kill mutants.
    Whatever else Cassandra's soul is, her body is mutant and she has been accepted as a mutant in Krakoa. And I am not sold in the whole Mummadrai crap... I mean, Xavier tried to strangle her in the womb... maybe he is the Mummadrai...?

Also, both Bolivar Trask's son and Sebastian Shaw were mutants, and both helped bring Sentinels back after the first time they were destroyed.

Hell, since both of Bolivar Trask's children were mutants, I suspect he was too... it certainly is strange that an anthropologist suddenly became a robotic engineer...

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    I'd take an island full of Moira clones over an 'evil for no reason' robot Moira. I will admit though, I love how Scottish she got in this week's comics.
    Moira has good reasons to be pissed at Krakoa. That said, they made her far too cartoonish... like, she is giddily, moustache-twirling evil...
    Last edited by Habis; 07-14-2022 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Definitely the worst issue of the series so far. It's not bad, just banal. A poster above had it right. This just wasn't that interesting because this "insight" into Emma's character offered nothing new. We knew all this before so it just came off as superficial and stale. Gillen couldn't have done better than this? I DID like that Emma exposed Sinister and we FINALLY got some movement on that plot. I can't believe it's taken this long for the QC to move against him. Better late than never I guess though. I hope the Exodus issue is superior to this very weak effort.
    Yup agree with all this. I would have much rather this start to directly make the connections to Judgement Day cause lord am I on the fence about picking that up. Instead it was Emma’s same mean girl shtick of “I’m only this cruel and judgmental because I’m lonely and it’s hard being less than perfect as a conventionally attractive white woman.”

True but to be fair to my comment above, even Hickman blamed humans for the Genosha attack and I say that as a Hickman fanboy. Kinda the reason I lumped them all together.
    True true I do vaguely remember it mentioned but I don't remember if the chart specifically blamed humans that broke down the numbers of how many each person or group killed or depowered. But even I have been pretty lax on things with Gillien in giving him a chance due to his ya and his Darth Vader and even giving credit for rights through utopia era but I feel if I pulled up immortal 1-4 and really went through with a analytical approach I could easily detail all the inconsistencies and retcons just in this era. Lol. This and ya/Vader even eternals is like it's a completely different writer. He brought the ticks but not the passion. I don't think he would have taken on immortal if not for his intent with eternals to be honest.

But to be honest I don't see the value in doing something like that so I'm just going to bow out now like I did judgement day post for a long time.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-14-2022 at 02:14 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Moira's become a Saturday morning power rangers villain along with the rest of the Orchis freakshow.

Good job Doug.

Essex's days are also numbered. Exodus is going to rip his butt out of his butt.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 07-14-2022 at 03:03 AM.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I don't really understand why THIS was the breaking point for them turning on Mr. Sinister. So there's another Sinister copy around. He's had legions of copies for decades. Do they have any reason to think they're working together?

Just kind of dull, if I'm being honest. Like it kept getting halfway to a proper plot point or story beat, and then moved on to a different one.
    Killing the Hellions so he can get info on the Arrakoans who were the X-Men's enemies at the time wasn't enough to get him booted compared to what Mystique and Shaw did.

Dr. Stasis killed humans and was working with Orchis so it would make sense that they would suddenly care now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Yep I said the same on an X-Men thread after the Stasis is Sinister reveal, would make a lot of sense and connect the story arcs of Moira's lives if club Sinister is Essex from life 9 who got to life 10b through the omega chimera induced singularity(and the Sinister executed by the machines in his place was one of his clones or a shape shifter in that life)
    Or Essex having clones of himself with different personalities running around happened in every life he's in and the Sinister that eventually betrayed the mutants in the Apocalypse timeline was actually Dr. Stasis.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Not much happening. Sinister being kidnapped kinda came out of no where. Sinister confirming other versions of him existing as a deck of cards was disappointing. The Diamond and Club versions are more than enough imo.

The Eve of Judgement day issue (which I assume must be post IXM#4) has the Eternals in possession of a Sinister on ice,I'm wondering if this is Sinister 'Damond-prime' or the IXM #4 Sinister.I'm thinking either the former or a random clone. If the Eternals kidnapped Sinister of the QC , could that be because they also know some of what Destiny knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    The Eve of Judgement day issue (which I assume must be post IXM#4) has the Eternals in possession of a Sinister on ice,I'm wondering if this is Sinister 'Damond-prime' or the IXM #4 Sinister.I'm thinking either the former or a random clone. If the Eternals kidnapped Sinister of the QC , could that be because they also know some of what Destiny knows?
    Interesting. Yeah, I can see that happening.