Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Ha, thanks bro. Yeah, totally geeked out during that final episode of the Phoenix Saga as well. First off, that episode was already at the zenith of the story. The X-Men and the Imperial Guard working together to fight D'Ken, that was awesome. The cameos just made it even more exciting. Remember that there was a War Machine cameo in there too.

Interesting that folks here are listing King Arthur and the Knights of Justice, Iron Man, or Fantastic Four. For me, those were my syndicated Sunday morning cartoons. They didn't get the spotlight as the Saturday ones, but they were enjoyable nonetheless.
    You're welcome, and they sure were. I'd even throw in the 90s Incredible Hulk series, at least in the first season.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Those are all great. But, my personal favorite will always be the one with '90s Ghost Rider (Ketch)

Thanks for reminding me of that one. Ghost Rider inflicting the Penance Stare on Galactus, with the countless amount of innocent souls that died when he fed on their planets . . . that was priceless.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It was from the comics but ghost rider replaced dr strange who fighting him weakened put a spell on him that made him see and fill the pain of everyone he killed! (or something like that.) Why hasn't strange used that spell again!
    Last edited by Gaastra; 08-23-2022 at 06:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It was from the comics but ghost rider replaced dr strange who fighting him weakened put a spell on him that made him see and fill the pain of everyone he killed! (or something like that.) Why hasn't strange used that spell again!
    I know, right?! At least they kept the part with the shrinking Galactus, though...

Quote Originally Posted by ilostmyplace View Post
    Thanks for reminding me of this one, too. It definitely blew my 11-year-old mind. I even had a Silver Surfer kite as a kid, but it got stuck in a tree when I took it to the local park.

Ghost Rider's appearance in Fantastic Four was another geek out moment. Ghost Rider took down Galactus, holy crap! It was so good that I waited either a couple of months or a couple of years later when the Fantastic Four season 2 was in reruns that I taped that one scene.

That was the awesome thing about the Marvel shows. X-Men, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Fantastic Four, Incredible Hulk, they all had guest stars and to a large extent had characters who crossed over. Seeing Iron Man and War Machine show in Spider-Man to fight Carnage, Venom, and Dormammu or show up in Incredible Hulk felt so exciting. (And again, there was continuity. For the most part, the shows used the same voice actors and/or the same designs whenever there was a guest star). Like I said before, for someone who didn't have access to comic books, I got my comic book fix from these shows. And just like my comics that featured guest stars, I loved the nods to a shared universe with all of these cartoons.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Wanted to give a shout out to Superman: The Animated Series:

Said before how I liked the Batman/Superman Adventures. Like I said with Marvel, the DC shows where also cool because of those guest stars and crossovers. Flash, Aquaman, Dr. Fate, and Green Lantern, those where my favorite episodes of Superman. Heck, the Superman episode featuring Green Lantern was when I first learned about the Green Lantern oath!

However, the Superman series in itself deserves a lot of respect. I remember when the first commercials came out on the WB. I thought "Oh hey, the Batman: The Animated Series people are doing a Superman series. Neat." However, this series started to distinguish itself. Aliens? Robots? Lobo? Braniac? Darkseid and Apokolips?! Batman fought thugs, criminals, and mad men in Gotham City. He even went against worldwide tyrants like Ra's Al Ghul. But Batman never had these intergalactic/space stories like Superman.

For me, that's why Superman: TAS caught my attention.
    "I am a man of peace."

People rightfully praise Superman TAS, but I also liked the 80s series headed by Marv Wolfman.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0Y91HQGz9Z8
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

All of the Marvel cartoons from the 90s definitely, and i always had a soft spot for Spider-man and his Amazing Friends too. They are what made me fall in love with the Marvel Universe before I started picking up the comics.

That Spider-man hand cameo in Phoenix Saga was really cool
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I recall liking The Getalong Gang as well in the early/mid 80s but I don't think it was Saturday morning. I may be wrong.
    It may even have been PBS.

Get Along Gang intro.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I recall liking The Getalong Gang as well in the early/mid 80s but I don't think it was Saturday morning. I may be wrong.

Get Along Gang intro.
    If I remember The Get Along Gang was the inspiration for the ultraviolet Flash animation Happy Tree Friends. And no I'm not posting a video of them getting horribly maimed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    People rightfully praise Superman TAS, but I also liked the 80s series headed by Marv Wolfman.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0Y91HQGz9Z8
    Some of my earliest memories of Saturday morning come from this series. Really enjoyed back then.
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Wanted to give a shout out to Superman: The Animated Series:

Said before how I liked the Batman/Superman Adventures. Like I said with Marvel, the DC shows where also cool because of those guest stars and crossovers. Flash, Aquaman, Dr. Fate, and Green Lantern, those where my favorite episodes of Superman. Heck, the Superman episode featuring Green Lantern was when I first learned about the Green Lantern oath!

However, the Superman series in itself deserves a lot of respect. I remember when the first commercials came out on the WB. I thought "Oh hey, the Batman: The Animated Series people are doing a Superman series. Neat." However, this series started to distinguish itself. Aliens? Robots? Lobo? Braniac? Darkseid and Apokolips?! Batman fought thugs, criminals, and mad men in Gotham City. He even went against worldwide tyrants like Ra's Al Ghul. But Batman never had these intergalactic/space stories like Superman.

For me, that's why Superman: TAS caught my attention.
    Indeed. Most of the episodes with Darkseid and Apokolips were my favorites, too, because they tested Superman and not just his physical might, but his resolve and character. Especially loved, looking back on it now as an adult more aware of the great contributions he made, the tribute to Jack Kirby at the end of Part 2 of "Apokolips . . . Now!"

Started as a prime time special that many think was better than the series than aired on cbs saturday mornings so yes it counts.

Garfield buddy bears were a spoof of get along gang also.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Garfield buddy bears were a spoof of get along gang also.
    They also came from Mark Evanier's experience working on the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon where S&P insisted that Eric the Cavlier always be wrong because he disagreed with the group concensus