Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Frankenstein: Agent of SHADE

Just picked up the first trade of this book and LOVED IT!! It was terrific, and I loved all the characters (Ray Palmer, Father Time, Creature Commandos, Bride of Frankenstein, etc.). I originally only picked it up because I liked his JLD appearances; but I thought it was a great read, and am actually sorry I did not pick this series up/supported it when it was monthly. I cannot wait to get the other volume.

I loved 'Vibe' when it was out, and hear a lot of people say that 'OMAC' and 'I Vampire' were great.

Anyone else have any recommendations or feel the same way about Frankenstein: A.O.S. (or any other books from the New 52)?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JLange View Post
    Just picked up the first trade of this book and LOVED IT!! It was terrific, and I loved all the characters (Ray Palmer, Father Time, Creature Commandos, Bride of Frankenstein, etc.). I originally only picked it up because I liked his JLD appearances; but I thought it was a great read, and am actually sorry I did not pick this series up/supported it when it was monthly. I cannot wait to get the other volume.

I loved 'Vibe' when it was out, and hear a lot of people say that 'OMAC' and 'I Vampire' were great.

Anyone else have any recommendations or feel the same way about Frankenstein: A.O.S. (or any other books from the New 52)?
    Really enjoyed Frankenstein. It was different and unique. I enjoyed these out of the norm books most of all in terms of the Nu 52.

Quote Originally Posted by mego joe View Post
    Really enjoyed Frankenstein. It was different and unique. I enjoyed these out of the norm books most of all in terms of the Nu 52.
    Hopefully you caught Frankenstein's appearances in Batman and (Robin).

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Hopefully you caught Frankenstein's appearances in Batman and (Robin).
    Didn't get those issues but was considering getting that arc in trade. Really not that interested in the return of Damien. Not a fan of the character, nor the hoo ha that his death put Batman through. How did the Frankenstein issues play into the whole of the arc?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Frankenstein is probably my favorite book of the New 52 (might get moved to #2 depending on the rest of Grayson's run.) It was fun, quirky, incredible art and sometimes just plain odd. I really wish that DC would give the book a second chance.

Astonishing Member

It gets even better when Matt Kindt takes over writing.

God I miss this book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    It gets even better when Matt Kindt takes over writing.

God I miss this book.
    Yup, one of the best books of the new 52, killed because people trade waited it and/or didn't really want the diverse books the claim they do.

This and OMAC are my favorite cancelled titles of the last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by FishboneX View Post
    Yup, one of the best books of the new 52, killed because people trade waited it and/or didn't really want the diverse books the claim they do.
    Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who say they want diversity that may post on boards like these. But how many of DC's actual customers actually post here? We're more of a vocal minority, not the silent majority who primarily want more Batman books.

Frankenstein totally was a great comic and I was very disappointed when it got cancelled. That an Aquaman are by far my two favorite non batman titles of the new 52

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who say they want diversity that may post on boards like these. But how many of DC's actual customers actually post here? We're more of a vocal minority, not the silent majority who primarily want more Batman books.
    You are absolutely right, that's why I have no problem with DC launching more Bat/JL/Supes books. They tried, nobody bought, and these fanchises sell. Batman Eternal is a weekly, and it's killing. After 3 years of trying to get people to buying Vive, Dial H, OMAC, Frankenstein, etc, can ya blame them?

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Great book, and as others have said it points out that when people scream for diversity they don't know what they are talking about. They also don't have to count the sales numbers at corporate
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 09-01-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

You are absolutely right, that's why I have no problem with DC launching more Bat/JL/Supes books. They tried, nobody bought, and these fanchises sell. Batman Eternal is a weekly, and it's killing. After 3 years of trying to get people to buying Vive, Dial H, OMAC, Frankenstein, etc, can ya blame them?
    Exactly. That's why I try to promote Future's End whenever I can. Many of the less heralded characters are getting the spotlight and is actually selling quite well since it's an event (which people on this board also claim to hate)
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 09-01-2014 at 06:27 PM.

This and Demon Knights were my favorite of the nu52 and OMAC was pretty close. Now all three are cancelled and I don't read any DC books.

Astonishing Member

Oh yeah I miss Demon Knights too!

Awesome enough, they're trying to disguise diversity as Batman books now; see Gotham Academy, Gotham At Midnight, etc. Really hope it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Great book, and as others have said it points out that when people scream for diversity they don't know what they are talking about. They also don't have to count the sales numbers at corporate
    Oh, they know what they're talking about . . . they just don't speak for the majority of paying sheep who flock to anything Batman-related because they don't try other things (which is their option / choice).