Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default If You Could Change One Line In Any Movie Or Show What Would You Change?

Title speaks for itself.

For me, the one that sticks out right now is the post credit scene of 'Winter Soldier'. Instead of Baron Strucker saying 'we are in the age of miracles', it would be better to have him say 'we are in the age of marvels'.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

This would be an added line.
    At the end of Shawshank Redemption when Red is walking across the sand towards Andy whose sanding the boat I'd have added this: Let's get busy living
    A call back to the line "Get busy living or get busy dying" from earlier in the film.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

In the First Xmen film when Storm Asksx "What happens to a Toad that gets stuck by lightning? Same as everything else."

That was the dumbest line in an attempt to make a character badass.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

In Ragnarok, I would not have Loki say "I'm not doing 'Get Help' while Hela is doing the slow walk towards them on the Bifrost."

In Avengers, I would not have Thor say "he's adopted."
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    In the First Xmen film when Storm Asksx "What happens to a Toad that gets stuck by lightning? Same as everything else."

That was the dumbest line in an attempt to make a character badass.
    And the worst part was that she was already plenty badass in the comics, so Storm just silently, coldly summoning a lightning bolt to fry Toad would have gone way further in establishing that for the movie audience. Wrath of God(dess)-type s***.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Title speaks for itself.

For me, the one that sticks out right now is the post credit scene of 'Winter Soldier'. Instead of Baron Strucker saying 'we are in the age of miracles', it would be better to have him say 'we are in the age of marvels'.
    That would have been a good one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And the worst part was that she was already plenty badass in the comics, so Storm just silently, coldly summoning a lightning bolt to fry Toad would have gone way further in establishing that for the movie audience. Wrath of God(dess)-type s***.

100 percent agreed, Storm was always one of the most badass Xmen. The movie kind of ruined that.

I would liked to have seen as Toad is holding on Storm turn her back to him as if to say "I am done with you." Then he just gets hit as she is walking away not giving a crap if the lightning killed him or not.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Even though the show underutilized her, X-Men Evo Storm had a bad ass line when she went up against Mystique:

"I don't know why you have chosen to attack me and truth me told, I don't care. This is my home and you are not welcome here."

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Fantastic Member

In Endgame, when Thor says to Tony "What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" Don Cheadle would have stayed quiet. His "Cheese Whiz?" was snark the moment doesn't need.

Extraordinary Member

When Chandler declares that he loves Monica on Friends.

Their sneaking around and everyone eventually finding out about them was fun but the show should've found a way to end that relationship soon after everyone found out about it.

Chandler/Monica ruined what was the best friendship on tv - ever. The Chandler/Joey friendship made that show and once Chandler and Monica became a permanent couple, we rarely saw that friendship anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    When Chandler declares that he loves Monica on Friends.

Their sneaking around and everyone eventually finding out about them was fun but the show should've found a way to end that relationship soon after everyone found out about it.

Chandler/Monica ruined what was the best friendship on tv - ever. The Chandler/Joey friendship made that show and once Chandler and Monica became a permanent couple, we rarely saw that friendship anymore.
    Then they tried to push that terrible Joey/Racheal thing.

Extraordinary Member

Man of Steel - When Young Clark says “What was I supposed to do, let them die?” have Jonathon say “…No. And I’m proud you didn’t.” and then follow through with the rest fi the script showing his worry about someone uncovering his son is an alien. I think a pause and the rest of the worried dialogue would communicate Pa Kent’s intended anxiety and fear, but the dialogue change would have also made it clear how good Jonathon was as a parent without getting so excited about pseudo-objectivism that makes him sound sociopathic.

The Dark Knight Rises - After Bane says “So, you cam back to die with your city,” have Batman almost cut him off with a swift punch that stagger Bane briefly, and say “Shut up and fight.” The original “No, I came back to stop you,” is too lame.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Instead of staring at Rey in an ambiguous, leave-it-all-to-the-next-guy silence, Luke has *a* line in the films: “…Daughter?” Mostly just to either force Rian Johnson to write a different, less pretentious and sexist film (and hopefully less racist too, unless he just couldn’t stop hating Finn for being better than Kylo)… or at least prep the audience to watch Johnson’s film more aware of what could have been so they can’t deny the racism and sexism as much as TLJ fans currently do.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. Instead of Darth Vader saying:

"-- I am your father!"
    He'd say,

"-- I am your Huckleberry!"

I feel that would have gone over better.

I changed Rust's ending speech in True Detective season 1. I felt it was too optimistic for the show.

I'll change from "the light's winning" to "the light's still fighting".

Gone With the Wind:
    "Frankly my dear, I love you, let's remarry."

Wizard of Oz:
    "I'll miss you just as much as the other two." (Dorothy to Scarecrow)

In Justice League when Aquaman goes "Alright!" he should've said "Outrageous!"

Astonishing Member

When Kim Basinger (Batman 89) lied to Batman about her weight and the rope stopped midway. Batman: You lied about your weight, you fat bitch

No, not really. But I always thought that would be funny. A Frank Miller Batman would have said that.